View Poll Results: Who is MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP

    5 4.39%
  • Black Leadership

    29 25.44%
  • Democrats

    21 18.42%
  • Other

    59 51.75%
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 701

Thread: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

  1. #591
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    I'm not sure they're any worse off than anyone would be in the areas they live (I'm assuming here that you refer to the situation black persons who live in specific areas are in, since outside that I suspect their lives are much like anyone else)

    But then I haven't looked at the issue much...

    I don't think blaming any one thing is reasonable.

    And I would suggest that it's the area, not the people. Although the two are interrelated to a degree...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #592
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,800
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Mandated coverage prevents those least likely to afford it to receive it. That will prevent many children being born into poverty.
    It prevents it? Why should I pay for someone else's birth control? I know, I know, personal responsibility is not a big thing with liberals/progressives but what's next - mandated Viagra coverage? What about mandated sex change operations? Why stop there, how about mandated Botox injections and boob jobs?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  3. #593
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Abortion is not birth control. This seems to be what you are misunderstanding.
    Actually, abortion is a very, very effective form of birth control
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #594
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, abortion is a very, very effective form of birth control
    Abortion is not a contraceptive, I think he meant...that would make more sense anyway....

    Interestingly, there's something screwy here, with the English language (unprecedented, I know...):
    Birth control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia says:
    Birth control, also known as contraception and fertility control, are methods or devices used to prevent pregnancy.
    By that definition, abortions are definitely NOT birth control...since they don't prevent pregnancy, they stop an ongoing one.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #595
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm not sure they're any worse off than anyone would be in the areas they live (I'm assuming here that you refer to the situation black persons who live in specific areas are in, since outside that I suspect their lives are much like anyone else)

    But then I haven't looked at the issue much...

    I don't think blaming any one thing is reasonable.

    And I would suggest that it's the area, not the people. Although the two are interrelated to a degree...
    So, the solution is simple: move out of the area.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #596
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    It prevents it? Why should I pay for someone else's birth control? I know, I know, personal responsibility is not a big thing with liberals/progressives but what's next - mandated Viagra coverage? What about mandated sex change operations? Why stop there, how about mandated Botox injections and boob jobs?
    I'll take two of each. Thanks for offering to pay.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #597
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, the solution is simple: move out of the area.
    Unless there's some requirement that we have such areas, I'd say the solution is to either leave or...change the area.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #598
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Unless there's some requirement that we have such areas, I'd say the solution is to either leave or...change the area.
    I'd choose to leave, but then, I never was into the victimhood sort of lifestyle, nor into dependence on government largesse.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #599
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'd choose to leave, but then, I never was into the victimhood sort of lifestyle, nor into dependence on government largesse.
    Admittedly, changing an entire area is harder than leaving. Or pretending to help, which is what politicians do.

    Edit: Especially since, depending on the area in question, trying to change it might get you killed.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #600
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Admittedly, changing an entire area is harder than leaving. Or pretending to help, which is what politicians do.

    Edit: Especially since, depending on the area in question, trying to change it might get you killed.
    I'm not sure changing an area like that is even possible.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •