View Poll Results: Who is MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP

    5 4.39%
  • Black Leadership

    29 25.44%
  • Democrats

    21 18.42%
  • Other

    59 51.75%
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 701

Thread: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

  1. #571
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is dishonest to make it racial. racial discrimination implies race is why people discriminate rather than actions black kids wearing suits and ties vs gangsters?
    I'll let you think about that one for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #572
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Your "study" showed absolutely nothing of the kind.

    All it demonstrated was that a lot of young African Americans perceive themselves as being victims of discrimination regardless of whether they actually are or not, and this leads them to do poorly in life. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the discrimination you describe even exists in any meaningful sense, let alone that it plays a significant role in holding the Black Community back.
    You are simply repeating the same thing you said before, it is an ABSOLUTE denial of racism experienced by black youths today



    Suicide rates for women, and single mothers, have also increased dramatically in recent decades.


    Either way you want to look at it, marriage is usually better than single motherhood. It is more economically workable, and more socially workable.
    And yet as already shown, it is declining, YOY for all races since 1950.



    The goal should be to lift impoverished people out of the "lower quintiles," not make it more comfortable for them to languish there at tax payer expense.
    I already showed that single poor women are willing to give up welfare if their partner is gainfully employed.....but as I showed, low income wage gains have been negative.



    We're telling you what the Black Community needs to do if it wants to be successful in elevating its circumstances. I'm sorry, but nothing about this is going to change simply because you happen to dislike the solutions put forward.

    If African Americans are unwilling to do what is necessary to elevate themselves, they will remain in impoverished squallor. No one is going to rescue them from their own stupidity if they are too stubborn to change their own behavior for the better.

    I'm sorry, but that's really all there is to say here.

    You can "get with the program" like every other ethnic group in the United States has managed to do, or you can get out.
    You are still in denial of the effects that racism has in the US on economic achievement, let alone the existence of racism period and no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise.



    And how much of this is because of the ever-growing abortion rate that has afflicted the Black Community over the course of the last several decades?

    Sky-High Abortion Rates Among Blacks And Minorities Only Getting Worse

    Aborting 25% or more of all African American pregnancies really isn't the solution you're looking for here; especially given the fact that it seems to be having no meaningful impact whatsoever on actually improving the black community's standing in American society.
    Weird....you are against single women raising children.....yet if they use birth control....you are against that too?

    FFS!



    Ah. I see. You're proposing that the American welfare system, and American tax payers, basically bankrupt themselves trying to subsidize the stupidity of lower class and minority women who willfully choose to have children out of wedlock, because you stubbornly insist that this behavior should be encouraged in spite of the problems it causes.
    Wow, these other modern states are "bankrupt" because they have better support for single mothers....who are "stupid".

    Not much right wing authoritarian rhetoric there....nope.

    Frankly, I find it absolutely amazing that you expect anyone here to have sympathy for low income African Americans given how you've chosen to portray the community in your posts. You've basically reinforced every negative stereotype in the book.
    I know, I've said

    "stupidity of lower class and minority women"

    oh...wait.....that wasn't me.

    You apparently believe that African Americans have the absolute right to behave like anti-social thugs, willfully fail to conform to American cultural standards, and have children they cannot support out of wedlock,
    Hold on, I believe that the majority of the poor in the US are white......but go on with your self destructing rant...



    with "whitey" footing the bill for the failures these behaviors inevitably result in every step of the way.
    Well, as i said, the majority are white....so....ya know....your argument collapses in on itself.


    You also seem to believe that anyone who so much as attempts to give the slightest bit of constructive criticism regarding these attitudes is a "racist," responsible for holding blacks back.
    I think I have been consistently slamming the lack of supporting evidence for the rhetoric.....which continues.

    Again, I hate to break to you man, but the real world simply doesn't work that way.
    Again, it is ironic that you talk about reality while you keep denying the existence of racism and its effects.

    African Americans (or persons of any race, really) who are unwilling to put forth the effort necessary to elevate themselves can rot for all I care. I am under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to help someone who refuses to help themselves.
    "U.S. single parents have both above average employment rates and above average poverty rates. High rates of low-wage employment combined with inadequate income support explain the paradox of high poverty despite high employment."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,058

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The wellbeing of single-parent families is a vitally important issue for the United States.
    Half or more of the children growing up in the U.S. today will spend some, and in some cases
    all, of their childhood in a single-parent family.

    This report compares U.S. single-parent families with single-parent families in 16 other
    high-income countries. We find that U.S. single-parent families are the worst off. They have the
    highest poverty rate. They have the highest rate of no health care coverage. They face the
    stingiest income support system. They lack the paid-time-off-from-work entitlements that in
    comparison countries make it easier for single parents to balance caregiving and jobholding.
    They must wait longer than single parents in comparison countries for early childhood education
    to begin. They have a low rate of child support receipt.

    U.S. single parents have both above average employment rates and above average
    poverty rates. High rates of low-wage employment combined with inadequate income support
    explain the paradox of high poverty despite high employment.


    The comparison high-income countries are Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada,
    Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden,
    Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (U.K.). These countries have a per capita gross national
    income above $30,000 and a population of at least several million. Except when a data source
    omits some of the comparison countries, we report on all of them.

    http://www.legalmomentum.org/sites/d...gle-parent.pdf
    Good. Perhaps that's what's behind the declining birthrate for unmarried white women, and the leveling off of the birthrate for black unmarried women. Let's keep those out of wedlock births going the right direction.

    One more observation: It seems we've been talking about two different scenarios. One is the married woman who discovers her chosen mate is a louse, and so seeks divorce. The other is unmarried women having babies. Just who are the baby daddies of these little bastards? Could it be that my characterization of going from one man to another making babies isn't so far off the mark after all?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #574
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Good. Perhaps that's what's behind the declining birthrate for unmarried white women, and the leveling off of the birthrate for black unmarried women. Let's keep those out of wedlock births going the right direction.
    This comment applies to the post you ignored.

    One more observation: It seems we've been talking about two different scenarios. One is the married woman who discovers her chosen mate is a louse, and so seeks divorce. The other is unmarried women having babies. Just who are the baby daddies of these little bastards? Could it be that my characterization of going from one man to another making babies isn't so far off the mark after all?
    And this comment doesn't apply to the post, at all.

    Non-sequitur.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #575
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    except that people who are married are generally happier, live longer, are less likely to be poor, and far less likely to produce children of poverty then people who don't marry.

    Facts are not on your side when you argue for single parenthood.
    That might explained by the fact that people who get married are generally not poor to begin with

    It's a chicken and egg situation
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are simply repeating the same thing you said before, it is an ABSOLUTE denial of racism experienced by black youths today
    Yes, and I will repeat it again, and again, and again, and again, and again until it sinks in.

    The simple fact of the matter is that you haven't "proven" a damn thing. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever has been presented so far to suggest that black youths experience any significant degree of racial discrimination.

    This isn't to say that it doesn't exist to some degree, necessarily. However, the point still stands that you have not made any kind of compelling argument for it.

    First off, your chart ends in 2003.

    Suicide rates increase dramatically among middle-aged Americans - CBS News

    The suicide rate for women rose more than 31 percent from 6.2 per 100,000 in 1999 to 8.1 in 2010.

    Among women, suicide rates increased with age, and the largest rate increase was observed among women aged 60-64 years -- nearly a 60 percent rise from 4.4 per 100,000 to 7.0 suicides per 100,000 people.

    Secondly, the posted chart actually contradicts your argument. It shows suicide rates down across the board, for men and women alike.

    It wouldn't appear that the rise of single motherhood has made any difference whatsoever with regard to female suicide rates.

    And yet as already shown, it is declining, YOY for all races since 1950.
    Okay. So what?

    I already showed that single poor women are willing to give up welfare if their partner is gainfully employed.....but as I showed, low income wage gains have been negative.
    Where did you show this?

    You are still in denial of the effects that racism has in the US on economic achievement, let alone the existence of racism period and no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise.
    You still have as of yet to demonstrate any impact caused by legitimate "racism."

    Weird....you are against single women raising children.....yet if they use birth control....you are against that too?

    FFS!
    African Americans have the highest abortion rates of any ethnic group in the United States, and still have the highest illegitimacy rate. Abortion is clearly a symptom of the greater problem here, not a solution.

    The answer is safer sex, more restrained behavior, and more marriages, not more murdered children.

    Wow, these other modern states are "bankrupt" because they have better support for single mothers....who are "stupid".
    Roughly half of the states you listed are in debt up to their eyeballs, and basically all of them have economies which grow at a snail's pace in comparison to the United States, and turn in productivity ratings that can barely hold a candle to our own.

    Again, the answer is more restrained and productive behavior, not expanded support systems for **** ups.

    Hold on, I believe that the majority of the poor in the US are white......but go on with your self destructing rant...

    Well, as i said, the majority are white....so....ya know....your argument collapses in on itself.
    First off, this is a Red Herring, as poor whites are not the subject of this discussion.

    Secondly, 30% of the United States African American population lives below the poverty line. Only 10% of the White population does. This shoots your argument in foot.

    Lastly, no one is saying that poor whites aren't guilty of many of the same things. They are.

    Idiotic behaviors are no less idiotic when Caucasians engage in them.

    Again, it is ironic that you talk about reality while you keep denying the existence of racism and its effects.
    Proof?

    "U.S. single parents have both above average employment rates and above average poverty rates. High rates of low-wage employment combined with inadequate income support explain the paradox of high poverty despite high employment."
    And there is an easy solution to this problem, which instantly doubles a person's potential income, and halves their parental workload, while not costing tax payers a dime.

    It's called getting married.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 06-18-14 at 07:51 PM.

  7. #577
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Hmm. That almost seems like genocide some how. Self inflicted to be sure, but none the less.
    You're far from the first to say so.

    BlackGenocide.org | L.E.A.R.N. Northeast

  8. #578
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,058

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That might explained by the fact that people who get married are generally not poor to begin with

    It's a chicken and egg situation
    and which one do you think came first?
    I'm of the opinion that the same mindsets that lead to poverty also lead to making babies out of wedlock.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #579
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and which one do you think came first?
    the words "begin with" in my post are a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #580
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,058

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    the words "begin with" in my post are a clue
    So, your point is that people don't marry because they're poor, and not that they're poor because they don't marry.

    Are weddings necessarily so expensive? I mean, sure, a debutante can spend a hundred grand, but someone who goes to a Justice of the Peace is just as married.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •