View Poll Results: Who is MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP

    5 4.39%
  • Black Leadership

    29 25.44%
  • Democrats

    21 18.42%
  • Other

    59 51.75%
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 701

Thread: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

  1. #421
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    You bypassed the threshold discussion issue, which is whether or not modern day American blacks are even victims.

    That question is not conclusively answered simply by an acknowledgement of the fact that many blacks are kept hopelessly dependent as voting wards of your Democrat party.
    It has been that long since civil rights. I still point to places that discriminate. I can take you to a place with two schools: one private and one public. Guess which is all white and which is all black. The all black has no choice but to take anyone they. Can get to teach (police chief teaches math for them). The private school won't take minorities. There's much that goes unseen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    No it wasn't. The drug laws (and the subsequent "war on drugs") targets drug users. The enforcement of these laws may be a different story, but the intent of the drug laws and the "war on drugs" was not to "target minorities" as you seem to proclaim.
    Do some research into the history of drug laws. The laws against marijuana in particular were intentionally created to target blacks and Mexicans, but there are elements of racist intent with many of the other drugs that were banned.

  3. #423
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    The title is evident. Who is the MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans today??
    We really have given them no reason to want to be productive members of society. The system is set up to where they can rely on it completely and never have to work. The ones that feel the government does not give them enough go out and steal it. That's why so many of them are in prison. The problem is the entitlement mentality. A problem you don't see near as often in any other ethnic community because every other ethnic community values working for a living and earning money to support yourself. Where as, in the black community, any effort made to be productive is looked at as conspiring with the evil white man.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #424
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    We really have given them no reason to want to be productive members of society.
    Then explain why most black people (who can work) do have jobs?


    It looks like white people have to be encouraged to work, while black people work in spite of being encouraged to not work. If anything, it demonstrates that black people have a superior work ethic while white people are lazy. IMO, that sounds very anti-white.
    Last edited by sangha; 06-15-14 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #425
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,560

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Seems you are conflating earnings for women prior to 1960 and the lack of wage gains after 1980.

    Ah, so you do see what I said...so no inconsistency.

    Again, still having a hard time handling the idea that living alone is easier for women now....but that low-mid wage gains have dropped off. Marriage is not a requirement for sharing of income.

    Gee, if you want I can show that the average TANF payment has dropped way below the peak of AFDC, and you don't get EITC without employment. The majority receiving SNAP/TANF are working....part time....at multiple jobs. But keep playing the Welfare Queen card, it looks good.
    Yes, you said that it's easier for women to make it alone now because it's easier for them to make a living and that wages are lower than they used to be. Nope, no inconsistency there, just a bit of doublethink.

    And, no, I've already said that it's easier for women to live alone now, or more to the point, to live with their illegitimate children. Perhaps that is one reason why marriage is less common than it used to be.

    Selfishness is another big reason, of course, that and failing to plan for the future.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #426
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    I would elaborate on that by asserting it is Black Leadership and Black Cultural Icons that perpetuate these problems within the community. Leadership is responsible for scapegoatism (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton are big in that area) and of course there are numerous examples of bad examples set by Black Icons. If every small black child grew up admiring Herman Cain and yes even President Obama (As much as I disagree with his politics I think he is a good man and a good role model for young african americans.) I think Black America would be far better served.
    Really Herman Cain was all you could come up with and your back handed mention of the President?

  7. #427
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    The title is evident. Who is the MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans today??
    In a free society each individual is responsible for their own troubles, all african americans do not have the same problems, they individually have struggles as do I.
    Bad question, racist at its core!
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  8. #428
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chicago, Suburbs
    Last Seen
    06-27-14 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    307

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    In a free society each individual is responsible for their own troubles, all african americans do not have the same problems, they individually have struggles as do I.
    Bad question, racist at its core!
    To try to frame the question as racist is to look at it in a bad semantic light, phony outrage and citing racism to a sensible question is a bit reactionistic if you ask me. The question is clearly geared towards problems in African American Culture and society in the general population. We aren't talking about 'every single' black person, but are saying that many share the same struggle and face the same problems.

  9. #429
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    The title is evident. Who is the MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans today??
    I think it's MUCH more complicated than that.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Then explain why most black people (who can work) do have jobs?


    It looks like white people have to be encouraged to work, while black people work in spite of being encouraged to not work. If anything, it demonstrates that black people have a superior work ethic while white people are lazy. IMO, that sounds very anti-white.
    Could you explain the reasoning that you used to come to that ridiculous conclusion?

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •