View Poll Results: Who is MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP

    5 4.39%
  • Black Leadership

    29 25.44%
  • Democrats

    21 18.42%
  • Other

    59 51.75%
Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 701

Thread: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Increased income for women: Maybe, if the only reason for them to marry is to have a breadwinner.
    I think that is the point, prior to the 1960's, it was very difficult for women to earn enough to live on their own.
    Increased incarceration: Men in jail aren't making babies generally.
    Interracial marriage is much more common and accepted than it once was, and anyway, what goes for poor blacks goes for poor whites as well.
    Black-white marriage accounts for 3% of all marriage today, less so since Loving v Virginia. This is a pointless comment.

    I'm not so sure that the financial help available to single mothers can be dismissed as a factor, perhaps a major factor.
    This argument is really a dead end for two reasons, single teenage pregnancy has been declining, the births rates for Blacks and Whites are in decline......and if you want less single parent poverty, then call for higher wages for low-mid income earners of ALL households. Over the last 30 years the lowest quintile as had negative wage gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and there are many prosecutors and criminologists who claim that the severe three strike sentences that were popular under Reagan in response to the "crack epidemic" took lots of the hard core mopes out of circulation. However, most of those types would have beyond the age of most street criminals by now if they were not in prison or not dead so that claim is less valid
    Uh, correction.....would make it more valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think that is the point, prior to the 1960's, it was very difficult for women to earn enough to live on their own.
    Black-white marriage accounts for 3% of all marriage today, less so since Loving v Virginia. This is a pointless comment.

    This argument is really a dead end for two reasons, single teenage pregnancy has been declining, the births rates for Blacks and Whites are in decline......and if you want less single parent poverty, then call for higher wages for low-mid income earners of ALL households. Over the last 30 years the lowest quintile as had negative wage gains.
    Or, perhaps we could call for people to get married before making babies, since it has already been shown that children of married couples are far less likely to live in poverty.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #374
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    I would elaborate on that by asserting it is Black Leadership and Black Cultural Icons that perpetuate these problems within the community. Leadership is responsible for scapegoatism (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton are big in that area) and of course there are numerous examples of bad examples set by Black Icons. If every small black child grew up admiring Herman Cain and yes even President Obama (As much as I disagree with his politics I think he is a good man and a good role model for young african americans.) I think Black America would be far better served.
    I don't disagree that black "leaders" are to blame, but I don't think that goes deep enough to the root of the problem. I chose Democrats because I believe it is Democrats that encourage and teach them to work the system (in exchange for an almost solid block of political support). There was a time when blacks were overwhelmingly conservative (because they had to be self-sufficient) until the Dems came in and started appealing to the lowest common denominator.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #375
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Or, perhaps we could call for people to get married before making babies, since it has already been shown that children of married couples are far less likely to live in poverty.
    Since you decided to skip my prior response to you on the reasons why women are choosing not to marry, you missed the point. Further, your argument is only showing that large numbers of households require 2 incomes to avoid poverty, which again points to the bigger issue, the lack of wage gains for the lowest quintile.



    It is even worse for blacks and hispanic households.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-14-14 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #376
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,808
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Trolling and baiting, by a someone who should know better.

    Not trolling or baiting at all. I addressed your ridiculous post. As for your graphic, where's the breakdown by city? Oh, there isn't one so my point still stands. But your graph is a great one to use if one was arguing against anti-gun legislation.

    Are you really going to not address the murder problem in our President's home city? You don't think there is a problem there? Maybe enough people haven't been locked up for your liking?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  7. #377
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,344

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A good example is that of all the developed nations, the US is one of only three that provide more teachers to schools in middle and high income areas than they do to schools in low income areas.
    You have evidence to back that statement?

  8. #378
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think that is the point, prior to the 1960's, it was very difficult for women to earn enough to live on their own.
    Black-white marriage accounts for 3% of all marriage today, less so since Loving v Virginia. This is a pointless comment.

    This argument is really a dead end for two reasons, single teenage pregnancy has been declining, the births rates for Blacks and Whites are in decline......and if you want less single parent poverty, then call for higher wages for low-mid income earners of ALL households. Over the last 30 years the lowest quintile as had negative wage gains.
    By Liberal design, in many minority areas, the federal government becomes the husband and breadwinner for single mothers. This results in further deterioration of the family unit and government dependence, which assures votes for Democrats.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Not trolling or baiting at all.I addressed your ridiculous post.
    Calling posts "dumb" is baiting and trolling, you know better.
    As for your graphic, where's the breakdown by city? Oh, there isn't one so my point still stands.
    You did not have a point other than trolling and baiting, you would have a point if you proved I was wrong.
    But your graph is a great one to use if one was arguing against anti-gun legislation.
    Funny, you say it is invalid while in the next breath claim it has validity? Is your "point" losing ground in your own mind?

    Yes it is.

    Are you really going to not address the murder problem in our President's home city?You don't think there is a problem there?
    My point was not that there is not a problem, my point was that it has declined.

    Maybe enough people haven't been locked up for your liking?
    Wow, is this conservative arguing against incarceration of murderers?

    so lets review, I said the murder rate has dropped, you trolled with "your post is dumb":

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The murder rate has dropped....
    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Tell that to the citizens of Chicago, Oakland, Washington DC, Detroit....



    What...or who....is "dumb" now?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #380
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A good example is that of all the developed nations, the US is one of only three that provide more teachers to schools in middle and high income areas than they do to schools in low income areas.
    lots of people who want their kids to have good educations save and work hard so they can buy homes in areas that have good public schools. The area I live in has one of the best public schools in Ohio and I can see homes for sale with a mention that the home is within my school district

    since property taxes funds public schools, areas that have a higher tax base tend to have more spending on the schools. of course in big cities, like Cincinnati-that has very rich and very poor areas, more is spent on inner city schools like Hughes, Woodward and Aiken then are spent in nearby towns Like blue collar Norwood and yet get Norwood kids do better



Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •