View Poll Results: Who is MOST to blame for the problems of African Americans?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP

    5 4.39%
  • Black Leadership

    29 25.44%
  • Democrats

    21 18.42%
  • Other

    59 51.75%
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 701

Thread: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

  1. #331
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You're ignorance is almost charming.....almost.
    The irony of your post is hilarious.

    It's "your" ignorance, not "you're" ignorance. That was something that we learned in 2nd grade. If I were you, I'd be careful calling people ignorant when your post is extremely ignorant, and quite embarrassing for you.

  2. #332
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Can you please explain this better?

    In the US there have been enough opportunities, programs and laws that allow a minority person to succeed. The OP asked who is the most to blame. I stated the individual is. Politicians and talking heads should not affect how one lives.

  3. #333
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    White people call other white people who don't identify with the conservative ideology, or who voted for Obama a "self loathing white".

    Truth be told, I see conservatives tossing around the "white guilt" label more than I see blacks calling other blacks uncle toms.
    Can you post some links to threads on this board where these are common claims from conservatives?

  4. #334
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Can you post some links to threads on this board where these are common claims from conservatives?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1063334973

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1063362783

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/academ...post1063330928

    Can't forget Empirica..

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/academ...post1063280158


    there's more....lemme know
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    In the US there have been enough opportunities, programs and laws that allow a minority person to succeed. The OP asked who is the most to blame. I stated the individual is.
    I know! The US is perfect, no racism, alles gute!
    Politicians and talking heads should not affect how one lives.
    I know, representatives of the people should not create laws....because.....alles gute!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #336
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The statistics, their abyssal track record vis-a-vis every other minority group in the United States, and the state of contemporary black popular culture would all seem to indicate otherwise.
    Tere you go again, claiming that a poor outcome proves your claim is right even though your claim wasn't that they had poor outcomes

    What you claimed is that many black people had given up trying to succeed. If a poor outcome for a group proved that they had given up on success, then the poor outcomes for young adults would prove that young adults have given up on success, which I know you don't believe. It's clear that you have certain beliefs about black people that you use complicated rationalizations to support. Yet, you don't apply those same rationalizations to other groups.

    So please, provide proof for your claim that many black people have given up on trying to succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #337
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know! The US is perfect, no racism, alles gute! I know, representatives of the people should not create laws....because.....alles gute!
    Did I say there was no racism? Are you not for people doing for themselves.

    Where did I say laws should not have been made? Do you think we need more laws to assist African Americans?

  8. #338
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Again, the black community was well on its way towards the same in many parts of the country prior to the 1970s.
    Just like Obvious Child, whose post you liked previously, you guys cannot bring forth anything to document your claims. I already showed him that it was not "crack" that caused education drop-offs for Blacks:



    And yet when it comes to wages, Blacks have NOT been "on their way"....or for that matter White women:




    So just what are you basing your argument on?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Did I say there was no racism?
    Apparently, your argument is that racism is not a cause of of gaps between Black and Whites.


    Are you not for people doing for themselves.
    I am for people having equal access, opportunity and the elimination of all barriers to improvement.

    Where did I say laws should not have been made?
    when you say: "Politicians and talking heads should not affect how one lives."


    Do you think we need more laws to assist African Americans?
    I think we need laws to end discrimination and inequality in the workplace, lending, education.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Who do you blame for the problems of African Americans?? [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The irony of your post is hilarious.

    It's "your" ignorance, not "you're" ignorance. That was something that we learned in 2nd grade. If I were you, I'd be careful calling people ignorant when your post is extremely ignorant, and quite embarrassing for you.
    I'm sexually aroused.

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •