View Poll Results: Is All This Necessary?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 13.04%
  • No

    38 82.61%
  • Possibly. (Explain)

    2 4.35%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 191 to 197 of 197

Thread: Is All This Really Necessary?

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the intellectual fraud is patent

    1) claiming that civilian cops are not civilians-blatant fraud

    2) claiming that cops are entitled to better weapons than other civilians despite the 2A-FRAUD

    3) and the real fraud-claiming that the term SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED was INTENDED and DESIGNED TO ALLOW ALL SORTS OF INFRINGEMENT.

    tell me Haymarket, why do you think citizens who are not cops are not worthy of having the same level of self defensive weaponry as minions of the government?
    When every single dictionary agrees with me that cops are NOT civilians - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.

    Since the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with what weapons cops carry - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #192
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    When every single dictionary agrees with me that cops are NOT civilians - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.

    Since the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with what weapons cops carry - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.
    I may have missed, and I went back and looked and couldn't find it, but can you supply a link to said dictionaries? Thank you.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I may have missed, and I went back and looked and couldn't find it, but can you supply a link to said dictionaries? Thank you.
    google search definition

    ci·vil·ian
    səˈvilyən/
    noun
    noun: civilian; plural noun: civilians
    1. 
a person not in the armed services or the police force.
    synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; Moreinformalcivvy 
"family members and other civilians were quickly evacuated from the post" 4. 

    informal
a person who is not a member of a particular profession or group, as viewed by a member of that group."I talk to a lot of actresses and they say that civilians are scared of them"

    



    adjective
    adjective: civilian
    1. 
of, denoting, or relating to a person not belonging to the armed services or police.

    ____________________________________

    Merriam Webster

    ci·vil·ian noun \sə-ˈvil-yən also -ˈvi-yən\
    : a person who is not a member of the military or of a police or firefighting force



    Like 28Full Definition of CIVILIAN
    1
    :* a specialist in Roman or modern civil law
    2
    a :* one not on active duty in the armed services or not on a police or firefighting force

    ___________________________________

    dictionary.com

    ci·vil·ian [si-vil-yuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    a person who is not on active duty with a military, naval, police, or fire fighting organization.

    ______________________________________________




    ______________________________________________
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I may have missed, and I went back and looked and couldn't find it, but can you supply a link to said dictionaries? Thank you.
    dictionaries he cites use a colloquial definition that cops have adopted in an attempt to distinguish themselves from other citizens. Under US and International law- civilian LEOs are CIVILIANS. I know, I was a federal LEO and my boss was the chief FEDERAL LEO for a judicial district. Under the OPM he was a civilian. So are FBI special agents, US Marshals and their deputies, DEA special agents, IRS CID, ICE etc.

    so we have FEDERAL and State law on our side, he has a colloquial definition that has absolutely no relevance to the law



  5. #195
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    When every single dictionary agrees with me that cops are NOT civilians - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.

    Since the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with what weapons cops carry - it would seem the FRAUD is being attempted by your argument.

    the real fraud is pretending silly colloquial definitions trump the UNITED STATES CODE



  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Dictionaries are in the business of providing authoritative definitions for words we use. If you can quote a law which clearly defines police officers as civilians - please do so

    Since you brought up your own personal experience, perhaps you can amplify upon it and tell us what exactly you discovered in your capacity as a "federal law enforcement officer" in the way of a definition about cops and civilians?
    Federal law trumps the non-authorative nonsense you try to use to overcome the United States Code.


    anyone who is under the OPM knows who is a civilian and that is someone not in active military service.



  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Is All This Really Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the real fraud is pretending silly colloquial definitions trump the UNITED STATES CODE
    Are you referring to the US code that you failed to cite now but perhaps previously cited which defines combat zones outside of the USA and has nothing to do with domestic police officers and which you were thoroughly and completely refuted in using?

    And the silly nonsense ignores one simple reality that overrides everything else on this issue: police officers carrying firearms has NOT A DAMN THING TO DO WITH THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

    Nothing.
    Zilch.
    Nada.

    So for anybody to attempt to use the fact of police carrying firearms to justify what weapons they can or cannot have under the Second Amendment is totally and completely intellectually dishonest.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •