View Poll Results: Was George W Bush a good president?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a right leaning American, yes.

    33 21.71%
  • I'm a left leaning American, yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm not American, Yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm a right leaning American, no.

    31 20.39%
  • I'm a left leaning American, no.

    66 43.42%
  • I'm not American, no.

    14 9.21%
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 810

Thread: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

  1. #791
    User Warden Wells's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    05-21-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    If he is the worst US President you can think of then that says a lot about your ignorance of US history.
    In my lifetime he is, and as I stated Nixon comes a second close in recent history. That's an opinion. If I go further back in presidential history, his number won't be much more favorable on the list, so why bother? He's swimming in the double digit end of the pool as it is. You want I should throw a Millard Fillmore or an Andrew Johnson in there to make your prize pig look less filthy?

  2. #792
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,699

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

    I used to think he was ok in a half-assed way.

    Now I think he was one of the worst in the last 4-5 or so, if not more.

    Did I say this before?

    Meh.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #793
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,742

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    The "Herbert Hoover of the 21st Century"? Surely you jest. The man drove this country to the brink of economic and moral bankruptcy...the likes this country had only seen during the great depression.

  4. #794
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,742

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL drama much? Bush will be rated higher than Obama and Carter for sure. I know that really upsets people like you. But tell me-what causes so severe a case of BDS?
    LOL...you have to be kidding. History often judges people higher than they deserve, however, GWB has waaaaay too much baggage. A failed war, a failed economy, torture...etc. He will forever be known as the Herbert Hoover of the 21st century. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  5. #795
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

    73.02 percent of those who voted said no.

    G.W. Bush may not be the worst president ever but he's mighty close to the bottom.

  6. #796
    User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

    George W. Bush did not only help the rich people, I think the most of us forget that.

  7. #797
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...you have to be kidding. History often judges people higher than they deserve, however, GWB has waaaaay too much baggage. A failed war, a failed economy, torture...etc. He will forever be known as the Herbert Hoover of the 21st century. Sorry to burst your bubble.

    Given your posts demonstrate that you are one of the Democrat Party's biggest fan boys and one of Hillary's biggest supporters, I really don't find your perspective to have any objectivity or merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #798
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    73.02 percent of those who voted said no.

    G.W. Bush may not be the worst president ever but he's mighty close to the bottom.
    Obama and Carter are clearly for worse-as to those who have served during my lifetime. LBJ was more effective but his lasting legacy is billions upon billions wasted in making blacks more dependent on government and destroying two parent households in lower-economic class areas
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #799
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,742

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Given your posts demonstrate that you are one of the Democrat Party's biggest fan boys and one of Hillary's biggest supporters, I really don't find your perspective to have any objectivity or merit.
    You haven't followed me well then. I am hardly Hillary's biggest supporter. She is actually much to moderate/centrist and too much of a warhawk for my tastes. That being said, I would take her primarily because she's about the best that I can realistically hope to get elected. I also think that the vast majority of the Democrats are spineless and so afraid of their own shadow that they are pretty worthless. I support the platform of the Democratic party however.

    But back on subject. The record of GWB is horrendous. There are people who hope against hope that somehow his record will be vindicated. First of all, there is no vindicating his economic record. He drove this country to the brink of bankruptcy. The numbers speak for themselves. As for the rest of his Presidency, I can't imagine how history is ever going to judge the Iraq war as anything other than a major blunder. The bottom line is that GWB was in over his head. He probably isn't a evil man, but surrounding himself with people that ran his Presidency that he will be blamed with in the annuls of history.

  10. #800
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You haven't followed me well then. I am hardly Hillary's biggest supporter. She is actually much to moderate/centrist and too much of a warhawk for my tastes. That being said, I would take her primarily because she's about the best that I can realistically hope to get elected. I also think that the vast majority of the Democrats are spineless and so afraid of their own shadow that they are pretty worthless. I support the platform of the Democratic party however.

    But back on subject. The record of GWB is horrendous. There are people who hope against hope that somehow his record will be vindicated. First of all, there is no vindicating his economic record. He drove this country to the brink of bankruptcy. The numbers speak for themselves. As for the rest of his Presidency, I can't imagine how history is ever going to judge the Iraq war as anything other than a major blunder. The bottom line is that GWB was in over his head. He probably isn't a evil man, but surrounding himself with people that ran his Presidency that he will be blamed with in the annuls of history.
    when someone finds hillary too moderate and whines about Bush that is a rather strong endorsement that Bush was pretty good

    Obama is far more over his head than Bush. Obama wasn't prepared to be president. Most who voted for him-especially in the primary, wanted a novelty or the ability to pretend they weren't racist if they voted for an unqualified black over a slightly more qualified white woman
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •