View Poll Results: Was George W Bush a good president?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a right leaning American, yes.

    33 21.71%
  • I'm a left leaning American, yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm not American, Yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm a right leaning American, no.

    31 20.39%
  • I'm a left leaning American, no.

    66 43.42%
  • I'm not American, no.

    14 9.21%
Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 810

Thread: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So wait, I'm confused...are you "LOL"ing because you're now moving the goal posts over your idiotic comment and now falling back on conspiracy theories that it was "stolen" as opposed to suggesting he didn't win it?

    You really need to get your hyper partisan bull**** talking points straight before you start pushing them, it's really hurting your attempt to foolishly engage in this conversation.

    George W. Bush won the 2000 election. Once again, hate to break it to you, that's fact.



    EMANICPATION PROCOLOMATION!

    GREEN BANANA'S!

    TITTY SPRINKLES!

    We are just yelling out random things right? That's what you were going for there? Or were you trying to make a point?

    Nope, Bush was handed the election by SCOTUS. I get it, CONservarives don't like to look at the 2000 or 2004 votes. States rights was in regards to CONservative talking /smaller fed gov't, until it get's into our bedroom or wombs of course!

  2. #542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wide latitude, but not soul dominion.



    No, they handled the court case that determined Florida's electoral count.

    Bush having the larger electoral total than Gore is what handed him the election.

    [quoteI'm shocked you think the SCOTUS had ANY rights there
    Why? Because you're amazingly bigoted towards anyone with "conservative" listed as a lean and thus make prejudiced judgements on them based on hyperbolic stereotypes you've created in your head?

    Federal Election. SCOTUS deemed they had authority to make the decision. SCOTUS made their decision. The electoral votes went to Bush. Bush had the larger total. Bush won the election. I'm sorry you're annoyed by facts...but a hyper partisans annoyance by fact doesn't make them non-existant.

    Bush won the 2000 election.[/QUOTE]


    Yes SCOTUS made their decisions


    "Loathe to make broad precedents, the per curiam opinion limited its holding to the present case."

    WEIRD RIGHT? LOL

    Bush v. Gore | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

    "

  3. #543
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Part of post 439 warning:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    That has nothing to do with this extended discussion of Clinton.
    May I disagree to the extent that when speaking of the Gulf war and decisions, that this has been an ongoing US problem since the time of carter, or earlier? Past decisions reflect to current happening. Even changing variables for the economy need relative comparisons at time.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wide latitude, but not soul dominion.



    No, they handled the court case that determined Florida's electoral count.

    Bush having the larger electoral total than Gore is what handed him the election.



    Why? Because you're amazingly bigoted towards anyone with "conservative" listed as a lean and thus make prejudiced judgements on them based on hyperbolic stereotypes you've created in your head?

    Federal Election. SCOTUS deemed they had authority to make the decision. SCOTUS made their decision. The electoral votes went to Bush. Bush had the larger total. Bush won the election. I'm sorry you're annoyed by facts...but a hyper partisans annoyance by fact doesn't make them non-existant.

    Bush won the 2000 election.
    My understanding of the court decision was the SC told Florida it had to follow it's own election laws, which made Bush the winner.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    How did "Shrub" come into this discussion ?

    I don't even think Shrubnose has even chimed in on the thread.
    Cute, you are going to get distracted from my pointing out that the Shrub was not a true Vulcan....because you are confused about W's various nicknames.

    Next up..."What's a Vulcan?"....ie " I never saw a Bush era neocon called a Vulcan".
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-16-14 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    My understanding of the court decision was the SC told Florida it had to follow it's own election laws, which made Bush the winner.
    You mean 3 days AFTER SCOTUS it had stopped the count?

    What SCOTUS did was although County's had many types of ballots, and couldn't use Coubty by County standards, chose to determine ALL County's most count the same way ... Bush argued and SCOTUS agreed, NOT all votes should be counted BEFORE the legality of them are determined!

    The 4 SCOTUS Dissenters

    "Counting every legally cast vote cannot constitute irreparable harm... Preventing the recount from being completed will inevitably cast a cloud on the legitimacy of the election"

  7. #547
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,892

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Part of post 439 warning:

    May I disagree to the extent that when speaking of the Gulf war and decisions, that this has been an ongoing US problem since the time of carter, or earlier? Past decisions reflect to current happening. Even changing variables for the economy need relative comparisons at time.
    Please do not quote even portions of in-thread warnings. If you have a concern, please PM a moderator. Thank you.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Saddam was not in charge of US foreign policy. Is it a good idea to allow people like him to control yer actions?

    >>While I think the war was not the best idea, I can understand how it happened, and if Saddam wasn't such a thorn in the side of the WORLD, then maybe this would have never happened.

    A thorn in the side can be preferable to some other alternatives. A terrible price has been and is being paid to remove that thorn.
    I'm not sure what you mean by Saddam was not in charge of foreign policy. I'm aware of that. I'm just saying if he wasn't trying to fool people into THINKING he had WMD and let the inspectors in, there would have been no reason to go to Iraq, so in the end when all is said and done, the blame really lies with him.

    Yes, and Saddam was a very bad and evil man. Though I don't like the fact that we had to sacrifice blood and money, I still think it's ultimately the best thing for everyone that he is gone.

    I just hope Iraq doesn't slip back into pre-war Iraq.

  9. #549
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by dad2three2001 View Post
    Something being weird doesn't cause it to cease existing, just as implying something stupid doesn't cause something to exist....like implying Bush didn't win the election in 2000.

    You keep posting a link, but all that link keeps doing is confirming that Bush won the election.

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Something being weird doesn't cause it to cease existing, just as implying something stupid doesn't cause something to exist....like implying Bush didn't win the election in 2000.

    You keep posting a link, but all that link keeps doing is confirming that Bush won the election.
    I get it the right wing bubble where truth and facts are interchangeable to the rest of America is difficult to burst

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •