View Poll Results: Was George W Bush a good president?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a right leaning American, yes.

    33 21.71%
  • I'm a left leaning American, yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm not American, Yes.

    4 2.63%
  • I'm a right leaning American, no.

    31 20.39%
  • I'm a left leaning American, no.

    66 43.42%
  • I'm not American, no.

    14 9.21%
Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 810

Thread: Was George W Bush a good president?[W:439:621]

  1. #261
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,323

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think you need to read about the atrocities that Saddam Hussein carried out on his own people. Is THAT what you call "political stability?"

    Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    usa isnt responsible for these acrocities.there was no need to cause more violence............

    but junior needed excuses to feed the monster he talked to
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #262
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,016

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    usa isnt responsible for these acrocities.there was no need to cause more violence....................
    Yet you agreed with Obama helping the French get rig of Gaddafi.
    FYI: I just started adding people to my IGNORE list, so if I don't respond to you...

  3. #263
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,323

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yet you agreed with Obama helping the French get rig of Gaddafi.
    l cant agree with any military or political decision made by the other countries.l dont have to.those dictators were created ,fed ,supported by Cia until they become a threat against them.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    usa isnt responsible for these acrocities.there was no need to cause more violence............

    but junior needed excuses to feed the monster he talked to
    Apparently, our government received intelligence that Saddam had gotten a hold of WMD. Now, how true this is certainly controversial. However, IF it is true, then he was totally right to go in there. Saddam was warned numerous, numerous times that if he didn't let the UN inspectors do their job THOROUGHLY (especially given HIS own threats about such weapons along with threats to USE them), then we were going to go over there, and so we did.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l cant agree with any military or political decision made by the other countries.l dont have to.those dictators were created ,fed ,supported by Cia until they become a threat against them.
    This sounds like the paranoid ramblings of a conspiracy theorist.

  6. #266
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    I think what makes matters worse for bush is that he was sandwiched in between two good presidents with obama and clinton so his failures are magnified. Its like Sam bowie. Hakeem the dream went 1st. Bowie went 2nd and jordan went 3rd. Bowie was drafted after a hall of famer and before the best player in history so he is known as the worst bust in history because of that.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #267
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,093

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I think what makes matters worse for bush is that he was sandwiched in between two good presidents with obama and clinton so his failures are magnified. Its like Sam bowie. Hakeem the dream went 1st. Bowie went 2nd and jordan went 3rd. Bowie was drafted after a hall of famer and before the best player in history so he is known as the worst bust in history because of that.
    Except neither Clinton nor Obama are good. Bush is in great company on that front. There's relatively no difference between Bush and Obama.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Except neither Clinton nor Obama are good. Bush is in great company on that front. There's relatively no difference between Bush and Obama.
    That is true. Obama essentially just continued on with much of Bush policy. Our presidents are like puppets.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,016

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is true. Obama essentially just continued on with much of Bush policy. Our presidents are like puppets.
    I would suggest in some ways he tries to, but is incompetent to do it as well.
    FYI: I just started adding people to my IGNORE list, so if I don't respond to you...

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Was George W Bush a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I would suggest in some ways he tries to, but is incompetent to do it as well.
    George Bush had years of experience being a governor and running a state. President Obama had little to no experience, as others have stated. His experience was as a community organizer, so it's not so surprising. I don't think President Obama is a "good" president, but I have to say that I think it could be worse, and he is not as left leaning as some of the people on this forum would even like, and that is why some of them actually disapprove of his job as president. Shocking!

Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •