View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #81
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Hope is for suckers, show me the change.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    1) That's a strawman that doesn't apply to me.

    2) I don't care what Hillary says.
    Not a strawman, you JUST SAID that its unamerican for politicians to oppose Obama.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course he is. That said, I put precisely zero stock in campaign slogans.
    I thought they were campaign promises? So, what criteria DO you use when voting if not the things they promise they will do and the things they promise they will change?

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Are either of you saying that, because they all do it, Obama is off the hook?

    Maybe that's the problem... citizen apathy and lack of accountability.
    It seems like we get what we deserve. If we never expect anything better . . . why bother voting at all?

  5. #85
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    One problem with Obama was it took him four years to figure out the Republicans would never compromise with him.
    No, it took PPACA being jammed down our throats and then being "modified" by Obama.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #86
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It seems like we get what we deserve. If we never expect anything better . . . why bother voting at all?
    Oh, that's been a mantra of mine for a couple years now. For all the kvetching we do, and for all the blaming of those big bad politicians, it still comes down to us because WE chose these people and let them get away with it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #87
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course he is. That said, I put precisely zero stock in campaign slogans.
    Are you kidding me? Is that to say you will vote for whoever the demorats nominate?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #88
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama has stated in the past that spreading the wealth around is a good thing. What is that, if not "economically leftist"?

    BTW, "watermelon" is a term used to describe eco-marxists...green on the outside, red on the inside.
    When Obama talked about spreading the wealth around to Joe the Plummer, he was talking about jobs.


  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    The Obama administration has, thus far, been known chiefly for inconsistency in policy, lackluster and inefficient performance of same, dubious decisions seemingly made on a whim, and a general narcissism and self-interest that will not be viewed kindly by history.


    In short, not so good. The administration has NOT been quite as much of a disaster as I originally feared it would be... primarily because it has been so ineffective at doing much of anything at all.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #90
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sure, but the question is about Obama. I never claimed he was different from any other president, just that he was a disappointment because he promised that he would be different.
    And you believed him? He may have thought he would be different, the most transparent, working with the other side of the aisle etc. etc. etc. But the office seems to shape the man along with the situation and events that transpire while in office. Some are better at coping and adjusting, others are not. Clinton was great at adjusting and adjust he did after the 1994 elections what swept both chambers of congress out from under his feet. I think we all remember him fondly, at least we remember his time as president as better times than now. Obama didn't adjust after 2010, he may have become bitter even that how dare the American voters take his strangle hold on congress away. That lack of adjustment maybe why this thread exists.

    whether or not one agrees with his policies, the one thing I dislike the most is the president's habit of always blaming others for whatever arises. The Bergdahl swap being the exception. But this is only my opinion.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •