View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    And when Boehner actually negotioated with Obama...

    Still waiting for your answer-if Hillary says its wrong to call people unamerican for disagreeing with the president, why are you comfortable doing just that?

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Hope and Change" is a campaign slogan. Big fat hairy deal.



    They all promise they'll be "different."
    Are you saying that Obama is NOT a disappointment? Just what exactly are you trying to say? Just come out and say it.

  3. #73
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This does not answer the questions you were asked. If every other president has had to deal with the same situation, why can't Obama?
    You're incorrect in your premise that every president has to deal with the same level of opposition that Obama does.

    Attachment 67167740

  4. #74
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you saying that Obama is NOT a disappointment? Just what exactly are you trying to say? Just come out and say it.
    Of course he is. That said, I put precisely zero stock in campaign slogans.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #75
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Hi Chris, yeah he made a lot of promises, but all presidential candidates do that. Most of the promises are of the type they know they can't keep to begin with. If we believe them, who's fault is that? Hope and change, what we got is business as usual, but from the left whereas Bush the second's was from the right. Not much difference in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Hope and Change" is a campaign slogan. Big fat hairy deal.

    They all promise they'll be "different."
    Are either of you saying that, because they all do it, Obama is off the hook?

    Maybe that's the problem... citizen apathy and lack of accountability.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #76
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Are either of you saying that, because they all do it, Obama is off the hook?

    Maybe that's the problem... citizen apathy and lack of accountability.
    Absolutely not what I'm saying. My entire point was that people bring up "Hope and Change" as if THAT'S Obama's biggest problem, that he just didn't live up to the basest of campaign rhetoric.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #77
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Still waiting for your answer-if Hillary says its wrong to call people unamerican for disagreeing with the president, why are you comfortable doing just that?
    1) That's a strawman that doesn't apply to me.

    2) I don't care what Hillary says.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You're incorrect in your premise that every president has to deal with the same level of opposition that Obama does.

    Attachment 67167740
    measuring cloture votes is not an accurate way to measure obstructionism...or even the true amount of filibusters.

    Cloture votes are called for by the Senate Majority leader... no filibuster need be present to have a cloture vote called.

    just saying.


    in addition, in the world of political compromise, it takes 2 to tango....
    what we often see is Democrats excluding Republican entirely, then whining about Republicans not compromising with them... and yes, we do see Republicans refusing to compromise as well...quite a bit , in fact

    there's lots of dancing going on in DC.. .but nobody is interested in the tango

  9. #79
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Absolutely not what I'm saying. My entire point was that people bring up "Hope and Change" as if THAT'S Obama's biggest problem, that he just didn't live up to the basest of campaign rhetoric.
    Like you (we were writing our previous posts at the same time), I also do not fall for campaign rhetoric, and recognize it as such, but I also believe that we are making a serious error when we dismiss it as just campaign rhetoric and choose to not hold them accountable.

    I see nothing wrong with having an attitude of: "Hey, you said 'X', and not only did you not succeed, you didn't even try."
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #80
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Like you (we were writing our previous posts at the same time), I also do not fall for campaign rhetoric, and recognize it as such, but I also believe that we are making a serious error when we dismiss it as just campaign rhetoric and choose to not hold them accountable.

    I see nothing wrong with having an attitude of: "Hey, you said 'X', and not only did you not succeed, you didn't even try."
    For specific promises, yes. For campaign slogans, I couldn't care less. Those aren't of any substance -- they're simply marketing, window dressing for the political dog-and-pony show.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •