View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its 2014, and we now see the results of over 5 years of the Obama administration. POTUS is not only the executive in chief, he is also the leader of the nation and arguably the free world. His policies, especially if they are signed into law can have profound effects on citizens, as well as people of the world.


    Has Obama been a good president to this point?

    I can't vote in this poll because it is only for right or left leaners, and I don't feel comfortable selecting either of those. But I think he has been a disappointment. He made a lot of promises about "hope and change."

  2. #62
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This is where the Liberals always get it wrong; Unilateral disarmament in the face of our enemies. They absolutely cannot understand how vulnerable a weakened America would be, they cannot understand the motives of the other players on the world stage. From this nonsense then flows "Blame America first!
    Far out.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #63
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And its quite arrogant of you to assume that the opposition (which has been quite consistent) is simply to make POTUS's job more difficult. It suggests that you might have delusions about the politics of washington, and that you dont really understand the policies supported by the opposition.
    The 'opposition' essentially said, 'If Obama is for it, we have to be against it.'

    That's no way to run a country. It's disgraceful.

  4. #64
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I can't vote in this poll because it is only for right or left leaners, and I don't feel comfortable selecting either of those. But I think he has been a disappointment. He made a lot of promises about "hope and change."
    He did, and it's been mostly business as usual.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I can't vote in this poll because it is only for right or left leaners, and I don't feel comfortable selecting either of those. But I think he has been a disappointment. He made a lot of promises about "hope and change."
    Hi Chris, yeah he made a lot of promises, but all presidential candidates do that. Most of the promises are of the type they know they can't keep to begin with. If we believe them, who's fault is that? Hope and change, what we got is business as usual, but from the left whereas Bush the second's was from the right. Not much difference in my book.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Hi Chris, yeah he made a lot of promises, but all presidential candidates do that. Most of the promises are of the type they know they can't keep to begin with. If we believe them, who's fault is that? Hope and change, what we got is business as usual, but from the left whereas Bush the second's was from the right. Not much difference in my book.
    Sure, but the question is about Obama. I never claimed he was different from any other president, just that he was a disappointment because he promised that he would be different.

  7. #67
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    "Hope and Change" is a campaign slogan. Big fat hairy deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sure, but the question is about Obama. I never claimed he was different from any other president, just that he was a disappointment because he promised that he would be different.
    They all promise they'll be "different."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The economy is exponentially better than it was in his first few months, which he really can't be blamed for.
    Exponentially? Hardly. And this is the reason that the democrat talking points specifically say not to mention we are recovering, and that we have a record number of people not working.



    The fact is, there has been very little progress made under Obama, unless making people dependent on govt handouts is your definition of success.

  9. #69
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    And when Boehner actually negotioated with Obama...


  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    The 'opposition' essentially said, 'If Obama is for it, we have to be against it.'

    That's no way to run a country. It's disgraceful.
    This does not answer the questions you were asked. If every other president has had to deal with the same situation, why can't Obama?

    And why can't Obama get cooperation even within his own party?

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •