View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #421
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not searching Google. I had to work all day. You look for a link and post it. You made the claim.
    Let me add this as well:

    In this editorial posted immediately following the 2002 vote on going to war with Iraq, Larry Eichel remarks on the Democratic senators who voiced concerns on the resolution but still voted for it. He also quotes a memo from Democratic strategists, including current Kerry advisor Bob Shrum, concluding "that it almost didn't really matter (politically speaking) whether Democratic candidates were for or against military action, so long as they adopted nuanced positions, expressed doubts and concerns, and made sure to condemn the Iraqi regime and its weapons of mass destruction." (Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct. 13, 2002)

    John F. Kerry - The 2002 Vote On Iraq | The Choice 2004 | FRONTLINE | PBS

    As I said, cowardly. But agreement was it didn't matter, Bush was going.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    See above.
    Of course, so the smarmy liar makes all KINDS of excuses for his own vote. Do you really think "your side" is any better?

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Let me add this as well:

    In this editorial posted immediately following the 2002 vote on going to war with Iraq, Larry Eichel remarks on the Democratic senators who voiced concerns on the resolution but still voted for it. He also quotes a memo from Democratic strategists, including current Kerry advisor Bob Shrum, concluding "that it almost didn't really matter (politically speaking) whether Democratic candidates were for or against military action, so long as they adopted nuanced positions, expressed doubts and concerns, and made sure to condemn the Iraqi regime and its weapons of mass destruction." (Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct. 13, 2002)

    John F. Kerry - The 2002 Vote On Iraq | The Choice 2004 | FRONTLINE | PBS

    As I said, cowardly. But agreement was it didn't matter, Bush was going.
    I'll have to look at this tomorrow or something. I'm too tired to have to read all of this boring stuff.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course, so the smarmy liar makes all KINDS of excuses for his own vote. Do you really think "your side" is any better?
    Better, of course not. But no Bush, no Iraq. It's just the way it was.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #425
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,749

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Not quite, BR. No Al Qaeda, no Iraq. That's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Better, of course not. But no Bush, no Iraq. It's just the way it was.
    You have no idea what "would" have happened by now. No idea at all. To claim that you do is just kind of arrogant.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You have no idea what "would" have happened by now. No idea at all. To claim that you do is just kind of arrogant.
    No, just correct. He and his administration pushed for it. No one else.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #428
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. I'm arguing what you think that means. Sure, they were cowardly. But they did not decide to go. In fact, while giving approval, they asked him not to and promised to fight him if he went outside the UN. They merely passed the buck to him, once congress critters started losing seats by resisting it. I merely ask that we be honest about what went on. At the end of the day, Bush, and only Bush, decided.
    You are refusing congress with the French and the Germans. Voting to approve use of military force is not passing the buck. The decision to go to war in Iraq was bipartisan.

    Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - YouTube

  9. #429
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    You are refusing congress with the French and the Germans. Voting to approve use of military force is not passing the buck. The decision to go to war in Iraq was bipartisan.

    Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - YouTube
    Yes it is. They could have declared war.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, just correct. He and his administration pushed for it. No one else.
    Again, they had the permission of congress. Are you denying that, making excuses for it, or just ignore it.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •