View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #411
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    As someone who was once sporting "conservative" in my lean, I can assure you that it's just as common coming from many on the left here. Not you, but many others.

    And the ones on the left love to refer to conservatives as "cons" and say what all conservatives think, which always amuses me.
    Yep. It's amusing how both the extreme conservatives and the extreme liberals give themselves away. The extreme of any lean, really. Without even realizing it, I think. They come off as honestly seeing themselves as reasonable and rational and downright moderate.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #412
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Yep. It's amusing how both the extreme conservatives and the extreme liberals give themselves away. The extreme of any lean, really. Without even realizing it, I think. They come off as honestly seeing themselves as reasonable and rational and downright moderate.
    The amount of extremists - on both sides - on this board is astounding.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, congressional buck passing. They merely said he could decide. If he chose no, they would not have overrode his decision. So, this means he was the decider.
    He received congressional approval. Are you trying to argue that point? Keep making excuses.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Obama voted against the Iraq invasion. Seems he was the leader you needed, after all.
    I don't believe he did, but I also don't think he's really much of a leader at all to be honest. He's arrogant. He makes America look foolish. He's not a strong forceful presence. He lacks diplomacy. I could go on.

    I wonder if you send him love letters?

  5. #415
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He received congressional approval. Are you trying to argue that point? Keep making excuses.
    No. I'm arguing what you think that means. Sure, they were cowardly. But they did not decide to go. In fact, while giving approval, they asked him not to and promised to fight him if he went outside the UN. They merely passed the buck to him, once congress critters started losing seats by resisting it. I merely ask that we be honest about what went on. At the end of the day, Bush, and only Bush, decided.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. I'm arguing what you think that means. Sure, they were cowardly. But they did not decide to go. In fact, while giving approval, they asked him not to and promised to fight him if he went outside the UN. They merely passed the buck to him, once congress critters started losing seats by resisting it. I merely ask that we be honest about what went on. At the end of the day, Bush, and only Bush, decided.
    You'll have to provide a link to that.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You'll have to provide a link to that.
    Kerry's speech on the floor.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Kerry's speech on the floor.
    I'm not searching Google. I had to work all day. You look for a link and post it. You made the claim.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Kerry's speech on the floor.
    He explained his expectation that the president would consider war "the last option to address this threat, not the first," saying:

    "In giving the president this authority, I expect him to fulfill the commitments he has made to the American people in recent days — to work with the United Nations Security Council to adopt a new resolution setting out tough and immediate inspection requirements, and to act with our allies at our side if we have to disarm Saddam Hussein by force. If he fails to do so, I will be among the first to speak out."
    Secretary of State John Kerry says as a senator he

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not searching Google. I had to work all day. You look for a link and post it. You made the claim.
    See above.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •