View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #361
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    He's just an average president--not too bad, not too good-- the problem is isn't the president we needed.
    Voted No
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  2. #362
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think that's exactly what YOU were insinuating in your last post to me,
    BS, the conversation never touched on political shenanigans at campaign rally's. I was clearly referring to protests post elections.
    trying to make it seem as if Obama was more hated because of the intimidation by certain groups.
    Again, any thinking person using the "special instruments" of eyes and a brain can clearly see that the LEVEL and INTENSITY of hatred displayed by rw extremists is much greater than what the Bush admin faced in the US.



    I just countered your point with one of my own. I've already acknowledged SEVERAL times that there are groups of people who are ignorant and would certainly dislike the president because of the color of his skin. However, those people are the minority and the outliers.
    You are confirming that the level of hatred is more intense than for Bush.



    I believe that MOST people dislike Obama because of his policies.
    Again, moving your goalpost.

    Stop moving your goalpost.



    Obviously, you are getting too angry to have any kind of a rational discussion. One would think that Obama is your lover.
    Any other stupid distractions and baiting your want to troll with?




    I've moved nothing. It's not MY fault that you are unreasonable, irrational and cannot converse like an adult.
    Oh, OK....hate="disappointed/dislike/not liked".

    There is your rational discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    My friend Barry was doing so poorly in this poll, I decided to give him a "Yes" vote, even though I protest the fact that I had to qualify it by identifying myself as "left-leaning." I want to restate that I don't think polls should be worded that way. It's one thing to ask voters in an exit poll about their ideology and party affiliation, but it shouldn't be on the ballot, imo.

    Currently down, 55-28. Come on, you Obama supporters! Give the boy a thumbs up!

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    ChrisL, I think it may be that yer dividing these things too sharply. Iow, you seem to be saying that people either oppose Obama because he's black or they oppose his policies. I was trying to suggest earlier that the two can be mixed, especially subconsciously. Would you agree that a lot of sort of "mild" racism is subconscious, given that it's viewed widely today as unacceptable?

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Yeah, It wasn't altogether clear what you were saying, and I sorta knew what you meant. YOUR FAULT for being imprecise.
    Well, I took care of that misunderstanding.

    In my opinion, you have this exactly backwards. I think he was THE person who was ideally suited to deal with the problems we had. Lots of people really HATED Lincoln, and as you know, that whole thing was wrapped in a blanket of race and bigotry. Bush43 showed himself to be a capable leader when the financial crisis hit and he went along with TARP even though I bet he was very unhappy about doing so. It had to be done, like an amputation to save a life. To complete the analogy, I'd say Obama has helped us grow back a new limb to replace the one we lost. I see him as a VERY intelligent and HIGHLY skilled technocrat. It's easy t' say that he's a bit tone-deaf as a politician, but otoh, he is a two-term POTUS, so
    I disagree that he was the right person. He has taken it upon himself to ignore the advice of those who know. His troop withdrawals were against the advice of his own military advisers. I don't believe President Obama has ever even served in the military, or has had anything to do with the military. How on earth would he know anything about how to manage a war? Not to mention TWO wars? Certainly, a president doesn't HAVE to have military background, but he should at least listen to those that do know about such things IMO.

    I hated TARP, and gosh, I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the president. He is intelligent, but I don't think it is the right kind of intelligence that one needs to be POTUS.

    I can see that you and I are going to disagree on a lot of things probably.


    Well, I've read a number of his posts where he seemed quite reasonable. I see yer point you two kinda went at it here and I'm guessing elsewhere. As you know, these things happens in discussion groups. Perhaps by next week, you'll be friends.
    No way, there are some people who are just always cranky, miserable and difficult and unpleasant to converse with.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    ChrisL, I think it may be that yer dividing these things too sharply. Iow, you seem to be saying that people either oppose Obama because he's black or they oppose his policies. I was trying to suggest earlier that the two can be mixed, especially subconsciously. Would you agree that a lot of sort of "mild" racism is subconscious, given that it's viewed widely today as unacceptable?
    Sure, that could be the case in some instances I suppose. I still would disagree that even MOST people feel this way though. I feel that Americans are a lot more enlightened than that, especially the younger generations.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sure, that could be the case in some instances I suppose. I still would disagree that even MOST people feel this way though. I feel that Americans are a lot more enlightened than that, especially the younger generations.
    Again, you change your argument, your argument was whether there is MORE hatred for Obama or was there MORE for Bush. The point that mimi is making is that the intensity of the hatred is greater towards Obama because the political dislike is intensified by the racism. You did not have anywhere near the level of racism focused at Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    His troop withdrawals were against the advice of his own military advisers.
    Some of his advisors. Kennedy may have avoided WWIII by using his own judgement.

    >>I don't believe President Obama has ever even served in the military, or has had anything to do with the military. How on earth would he know anything about how to manage a war?

    Lincoln learned how to wage war on the job, and saved the country doing it. His generals let him down until he found the right one.

    As I see it, there are two principal elements involved here, although it's important to understand that they overlap. Military leaders often know best how to fight wars at the battlefield level, but sound political judgement is required, and obviously hoped for, in knowing first, whether or not a war should be fought, and secondly how any military action will fit in with national interests defined broadly. War is both political and martial. Skills in both areas are needed.

    >>I hated TARP.

    Why? I don't like it, moral hazard and all that. But what choice did we have?

    >>there are some people who are just always cranky, miserable and difficult and unpleasant to converse with.

    In my experience, people can get off on the wrong foot in discussion groups. Sometimes people just rub each other the wrong way, as they say. I think of myself as a nice guy, but I can be sorta mean in these online political discussions, not that I should be.

    On race and politics, it's not the younger generations that are the problem. I'd say this is true about much in society that troubles us. Kids can be stupid; older men (I'm one myself) can be destructive.

    MMI, not "mimi." Multi Media Information, America's leading dead small business.
    Last edited by mmi; 06-13-14 at 04:23 PM.

  9. #369
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    He's been an abject failure in every possible way.

    In leadership
    Decision making
    Strategy
    Vision
    Everything

    He has brought irreparable harm to this nation and should be ousted from power immediately.

    Jimmy Carter looks like George Washington compared to this POS....

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Some of his advisors. Kennedy may have avoided WWIII by using his own judgement.

    >>I don't believe President Obama has ever even served in the military, or has had anything to do with the military. How on earth would he know anything about how to manage a war?

    Lincoln learned how to wage war on the job, and saved the country doing it. His generals let him down until he found the right one.

    As I see it, there are two principal elements involved here, although it's important to understand that they overlap. Military leaders often know best how to fight wars at the battlefield level, but sound political judgement is required, and obviously hoped for, in knowing first, whether or not a war should be fought, and secondly how any military action will fit in with national interests defined broadly. War is both political and martial. Skills in both areas are needed.

    >>I hated TARP.

    Why? I don't like it, moral hazard and all that. But what choice did we have?

    >>there are some people who are just always cranky, miserable and difficult and unpleasant to converse with.

    In my experience, people can get off on the wrong foot in discussion groups. Sometimes people just rub each other the wrong way, as they say. I think of myself as a nice guy, but I can be sorta mean in these online political discussions, not that I should be.

    On race and politics, it's not the younger generations that are the problem. I'd say this is true about much in society that troubles us. Kids can be stupid; older men (I'm one myself) can be destructive.

    MMI, not "mimi." Multi Media Information, America's leading dead small business.
    Okay, but times have changed a LOT since the days of Lincoln. Our military is a huge complicated machine. War is different today too. I don't see the point in comparing these two times at all. There are way too many differences and other complicating factors involved. Also, I believe back in those days, more men WERE actually familiar with how to wage and manage a war. It was just the way things were back then when men were expected to fight at a moment's notice. He was probably very familiar with the operations of the military for the times.

    I believe that politics are what loses wars. I don't believe America will ever win another war if we don't learn from our mistakes. I've read and seen documentaries about Vietnam, and how mistakes were made because of the fact that it was a "political" war. You should read or watch The Art of War. I've watched the documentary, and it is excellent and very interesting. If and when you have the time of course.



    About TARP, I thought we should have let those companies claim bankruptcy. Though it would have been painful, I think it would have reeked less havoc on the economy in the long run.

    Sure, I don't have any issues with disagreeing with a person on a political matter, or matters. We CAN argue about things and still keep it relatively civil I think.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •