View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    dang the bro killed bin laden (biggest criminal since hitler to America) and that aint good enough!!!!! ran more illegals out than any president!!! got women equal pay in gov jobs!!! Obama is hated because of his color first and being a demo second....no reason to put our heads in the sand about it
    That is an ignorant post. There are many reasons to dislike Obama the President, and they have nothing to do with his color but his policies. Just because he did accomplish a couple of things does not mean other people have to agree with him or believe he was a good president.

    I don't think he was the worst president either, but certainly not what I would consider a very "good" president.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,047

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    I didnt vote....no option fit.

    My answer would be 'meh.'

    And much much better than the last deadly clown.

    Thousands dead and maimed in Iraq...for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is an ignorant post. There are many reasons to dislike Obama the President, and they have nothing to do with his color but his policies. Just because he did accomplish a couple of things does not mean other people have to agree with him or believe he was a good president.

    I don't think he was the worst president either, but certainly not what I would consider a very "good" president.
    I quite agree. But the obsessive hate for him is disproportionate to anything he's actually done. People hated Wild Bill huge, but nothing like this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #334
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its 2014, and we now see the results of over 5 years of the Obama administration. POTUS is not only the executive in chief, he is also the leader of the nation and arguably the free world. His policies, especially if they are signed into law can have profound effects on citizens, as well as people of the world.


    Has Obama been a good president to this point?

    Considering what he's had to deal with, I'd say yes, except for the ACA, which is a biggie. But overall, he's done a good job. Brought his intelligence and cool decision making to the Oval Office in a chaotic time, when we bordered on another Great Depression, the collapse of the economy (caused by deregulation), and enormous debt (in no small part caused by multiple wars not paid for and at the same time giving handouts to the wealthy in the form of large tax cuts), and almost total obstructionism by the opposing party (instead of working to help the country out of the mess). Many would not have done as well. So, yes. We were lucky when we got his cool head in that office.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I quite agree. But the obsessive hate for him is disproportionate to anything he's actually done. People hated Wild Bill huge, but nothing like this.
    Do you think the hate for Obama is more than it was for Bush? I don't think so, especially not in the media.

    What do you think about the insurgency happening in Iraq now? Negative for Obama?

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    I really cant think of one positive he has brought to this nation. Nothing.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you think the hate for Obama is more than it was for Bush? I don't think so, especially not in the media.
    The obvious answer anyone who has any historical and political perspective of the US.....is YES.

    This is true not just in the shear number of those that oppose him with intense dislike/hatred, but the type of people that hate him. We are talking about the extreme US RW, the vast numbers of militant, armed to the teeth groups that were identified by the Bush administration at the the end of W's last term. The US right wing is is much more organized because that is the very nature of right-wing authoritarianism. They also have no qualms about displaying the level of militancy they hold to, from the gun toting at numerous bagger protests to their gatherings at Clive Bundy's. Again, it is not just the number, it is the intensity of it made up by gun toting racists that can barely contain themselves with the thought of a Black man in the White House.

    Stormfront, the vast numbers of militias, the border vigilantes, they are barometers of the intensity of the hatred. It was bad during Clinton, the groups spawned the OKC bombing, and I think the only reason we have not seen any really big events like that is because of the expanded surveillance keeping both international and domestic terrorism in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The obvious answer anyone who has any historical and political perspective of the US.....is YES.

    This is true not just in the shear number of those that oppose him with intense dislike/hatred, but the type of people that hate him. We are talking about the extreme US RW, the vast numbers of militant, armed to the teeth groups that were identified by the Bush administration at the the end of W's last term. The US right wing is is much more organized because that is the very nature of right-wing authoritarianism. They also have no qualms about displaying the level of militancy they hold to, from the gun toting at numerous bagger protests to their gatherings at Clive Bundy's. Again, it is not just the number, it is the intensity of it made up by gun toting racists that can barely contain themselves with the thought of a Black man in the White House.

    Stormfront, the vast numbers of militias, the border vigilantes, they are barometers of the intensity of the hatred. It was bad during Clinton, the groups spawned the OKC bombing, and I think the only reason we have not seen any really big events like that is because of the expanded surveillance keeping both international and domestic terrorism in check.
    You have no idea why people may or may not dislike Obama. I would think the majority of people dislike him because of his policies and dislike the man as a president, NOT as a human being.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You have no idea why people may or may not dislike Obama.
    Why? I wasn't focused on WHY.....I was commenting on the INTENSITY. Part of the WHY is obviously racist in nature, there are lots of studies looking at internet commentary for levels of negativity toward the Obama, and it is most intense in areas that have high levels of militias.




    I would think the majority of people dislike him because of his policies and dislike the man as a president, NOT as a human being.
    Sure they dislike him because he is portrayed as this "liberal/socialist/communist/not Amurucun!!", but underlying it all is the obvious fact.....that he is also BLACK. It is additive to the LEVEL, the INTENSITY of hatred.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Why? I wasn't focused on WHY.....I was commenting on the INTENSITY. Part of the WHY is obviously racist in nature, there are lots of studies looking at internet commentary for levels of negativity toward the Obama, and it is most intense in areas that have high levels of militias.
    I'm not denying that there are SOME groups out there that would definitely hate Obama because of his color. We are all well aware that those white supremacy groups do in fact exist. However, I'm pretty sure they make up a relatively SMALL minority of those who disagree with Obama policies. Most of the people who disagree with him do so for legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with the fact that he is a black man. In fact, a lot of the dissatisfaction comes from the left. Some liberals are very disappointed in Obama too. Surely, no one can be so dense as to believe it is due to his skin color in today's United States of America?



    Sure they dislike him because he is portrayed as this "liberal/socialist/communist/not Amurucun!!", but underlying it all is the obvious fact.....that he is also BLACK. It is additive to the LEVEL, the INTENSITY of hatred.
    It's pretty obvious by this statement above that you harbor quite a bit of hatred yourself. Pot meet kettle.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •