View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I think that's absolutely true. There's a cottage industry out there that attempts to paint Obama as some wild-eyed leftist, and he's simply not.
    I agree with that. I think demonizing a seated president is an effective political strategy. I'm not sure I see any evidence of his leftist communist tendencies.

    Bill Clinton mentioned full employment in a television commercial endorsing Obama.
    Joe Biden mentioned the right's desire to keep us in chains.
    Both of these were references from the Communist Manifesto.

    Words are words and mean nothing when coming from politician. Obama's policies especially the big one has no inkling of left wing ideology. I have heard that actions speak louder than words. For those of us who believe that know for a fact that Obama isn't a leftist at all.

    For those of us that get pissed at political rhetoric used during a campaign season and never focus on anything else after the campaign is over, it is quite clear. Obama is certainly a leftist.

    Do actions speak louder than words? Not always. So I guess it's up in the air.

  2. #252
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Progressives seem to have very selective memories. Obama has actually not faced as much opposition as President Bush did. The left wing opposition and attacks against Bush were relentless. Obama on the other hand is partially shielded by the fact that he is the first African American president. Many are afraid of being thought of as racist if they oppose or criticize him.
    Sorry, but no. Bush II did indeed catch crap all through his 8 years. Some of the worst in history up to that point. But Obama's opposition has been much more intense and organized.

    As far as the racism charges, yes they have been trying, but it's not sticking... except for those individuals who imagine racism around every corner.

    And before someone else trots along and asks if I am saying that there is no racism toward the President, no, I am not saying that. There is some, just not as much as would be convenient to deflect attention from the man's otherwise weaknesses and shortcomings.


    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Unfortunately a president does have influence over gas prices. For instance, Obama holding up the Keystone Pipeline.
    Two points...

    1) I meant day-to-day prices. What is bid on the exchanges the sitting President has no influence over.

    2) The pipeline is going to a port to be sold on the open market. There is no guarantee whatsoever that that oil will end up here. You cannot, nor can anyone else, say with any amount of certainty that that oil will help our prices.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. Bush is NOT the president and hasn't been for YEARS now. Get over it. The current issues are the responsibility of the current POTUS. Don't try to pawn off HIS responsibilities.
    What the f*** did you just read? Your post was completely irrelevant
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 06-08-14 at 01:00 PM.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What's suspicious is how the government wants to force healthcare down our throats. IT should be a choice. OR, insurance companies should have to reimburse us for SOME of our unspent monies that we paid into it. Good LORD! Obama is an insurance companies BEST friend.
    If you are in excruciating pain and minutes away from dying, how are you going to make a rational choice of whether you want to be treated or not? It just isn't going to happen.

    If you are unconscious, how can you make a decision on whether you want to be treated or not? It just isn't going to happen.

    Everybody chooses to be treated when the time comes no matter how conservative, tough, broke or independent they are. Everybody wants their life saved. Political believes and moral convictions go straight to hell when you are in a life or death situation. This should be taken into consideration. We can't just give every person in the country a tattoo that says, "Do not treat me" or "Do treat me". Even if we did, would the doctors honor someone's request to refuse treatment?

    A lot of people are treated against their will anyways. Should those people be required to pay even though they adamantly refused treatment? The health care business is trickier than you like to make it out to be.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 06-08-14 at 01:08 PM.

  5. #255
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Sorry, but no. Bush II did indeed catch crap all through his 8 years. Some of the worst in history up to that point. But Obama's opposition has been much more intense and organized..
    B.S.

    Two points...

    1) I meant day-to-day prices. What is bid on the exchanges the sitting President has no influence over.

    2) The pipeline is going to a port to be sold on the open market. There is no guarantee whatsoever that that oil will end up here. You cannot, nor can anyone else, say with any amount of certainty that that oil will help our prices.
    However the open market prices are in fact effected by how much oil becomes available. And it is not just about the Keystone pipeline. It is also about restrictions on offshore drilling and prevention of drilling at some of the 1.5 million acres of ANWR in Alaska. Therefore I can say with certainty that oil that Obama prevents getting to market can keep the prices high at the pumps.

  6. #256
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    B.S.
    Is it? Why should I take the word of a person so completely biased to their core than they can't resist choosing a screen name based on the person they rail against? There isn't an ounce of objectivity in your being.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #257
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is it? Why should I take the word of a person so completely biased to their core than they can't resist choosing a screen name based on the person they rail against? There isn't an ounce of objectivity in your being.
    Ranting against my moniker is a cop out. And the truth is that my moniker is against the healthcare bill championed by Obama. I could have went with ACAfail, however pretty much every associates the bill with Obama as it is supposedly his signature achievement. And ObamacareFail is a bit more artistic then ACAFail.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Flawed poll, imo...not every American is left or right leaning.

    How about just yes, no, unsure/no comment?

  9. #259
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Ranting against my moniker is a cop out. And the truth is that my moniker is against the healthcare bill championed by Obama. I could have went with ACAfail, however pretty much every associates the bill with Obama as it is supposedly his signature achievement. And ObamacareFail is a bit more artistic then ACAFail.
    Ok, if you say so.

    "Artistic"... whew!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #260
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,280

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Hope and Change" is a campaign slogan. Big fat hairy deal.



    They all promise they'll be "different."
    Must be her first election. Although she speaks like she's only in HS.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •