View Poll Results: Has Obama been a good President?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    6 6.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 21.28%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    52 55.32%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    9 9.57%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 3.19%
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 449

Thread: Has Obama been a good President?

  1. #241
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    that has no relevance to what I said. 5 of the US justices did not see the commerce clause as allowing this ACA. clearly a state had the power to implement such a health care law. That is what the founders intended because if a state does something that is stupid, it will ultimately pay the price as people exit the state. Four of 9 justices believe the ACA was unconstitutional and Roberts' attempts to be clever still damned it on a CC foundation.



  2. #242
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What's suspicious is how the government wants to force healthcare down our throats. IT should be a choice. OR, insurance companies should have to reimburse us for SOME of our unspent monies that we paid into it. Good LORD! Obama is an insurance companies BEST friend.
    People want it to be a choice, except when they get injured and are caught without insurance. Then everyone else picks up the tab. The nearest Libertarian hospital is a long, long ways away.

  3. #243
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,039

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I actually give Obama a full pass on this, since it's common knowledge that the Republicans agreed they wouldn't go along with him on anything. You can't "reach across the aisle" when the other side is waiting to cut your hand off for doing it. His biggest mistake was thinking he could negotiate with that bunch of political nihilists for four years.
    You have it completely backwards. It was the democrats who made it clear to republicans that their ideas were not needed. Any republican idea in Obama's first two years for instance was immediately shot down with a veto threat or Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi refusing to even bring it up for a vote. The modern democrat party's concept of compromise or bipartisanship is: "Don't give an inch....and wait for the republicans to give in and come around completely to our point of view.....then call them obstructionists if they don't."

  4. #244
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    People want it to be a choice, except when they get injured and are caught without insurance. Then everyone else picks up the tab. The nearest Libertarian hospital is a long, long ways away.
    everyone wanna go to heaven
    nobody wanna die!

    those of us forced to pay for the irresponsible choices of others generally oppose Obama care



  5. #245
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,706

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    People want it to be a choice, except when they get injured and are caught without insurance. Then everyone else picks up the tab. The nearest Libertarian hospital is a long, long ways away.
    That explains the PPACA "hardship" exemptions.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    1. Why don't you investigate the causes for yourself? There are four primary reasons. The first was is that Bush convinced the American public that war was a good idea because Iraq sponsored terrorism against the United States and possessed weapons of mass destruction (neither true). He was willing to stake his Administration's reputation and legitimacy as a leader on it.
    There has been evidence that the weapons were moved to Syria (otherwise, tell us WHERE did Syria get their stockpiles?), and/OR the weapons were destroyed when we made our ANNOUNCEMENT that we were going to invade Iraq. This isn't too difficult to believe either.

    The second is that Democrats have less compulsion than Republicans to disagree with their opposition; they're a centrist party with a small liberal and conservative wings, tethered together by a slim majority of moderates who would freely vote for a Republican if they had to. 'Disagreeing' with Republicans or asserting themselves against Republican presidents 100% of the time isn't usually in their advantage because even their core voters aren't against Republicans 100%; just 60-70% of the time.
    A "centrist" party? I could not disagree more. It is a party FULL of unrealistic ideologues. I find it strange you make these claims when it sure didn't seem to stop them from pushing their ideologies through with little or no bipartisan support.

    The third was that corporate America was intrigued by the possibilities of the war; a democratic Iraq could be a lucrative source of trade and capital investment, compared to an autocratic Iraq whose markets were closed due to sanctions. Corporate America enjoys representation in both parties.
    This is not a bad thing IMO. These countries NEED to brought out of the middle ages and into the modern world. They are a scourge on society in general.

    The fourth is that the military and military industrial complex were intrigued by the possibilities of the war; an Iraq powered by democracy and Western modernization could be employed as a cats paw against Iran and help America influence the political future of the region.
    Another wonderful goal IMO. I don't know how realistic it is though.


    By the way these last two reasons had some merit; however, Corporate America is out of control and frequently imposes on the safety and generosity of the broader American public. Policies that make them more powerful should be eyed very critically by the average American on the street. The last was even more promising, but the war was mismanaged; its goals may have even been unobtainable from the beginning.
    I can agree with this much. We don't fight wars to win anymore. We fight wars from a politically correct perspective. You just cannot win that way, especially when your opponents will fight no holds barred.

    As for the other point, I'm not wrong: a leader humbling himself before the people is an interesting exercise that all of them should be subjected to just for the sake of experiencing what it is like to be humble and small, but on the whole leaders that defer to those beneath them can't command the respect they need to lead; making a leader debase themselves or challenging and embarrassing them publicly undermines the entire point of having one at all. Like having a CEO around so you can blame him for when things aren't going well, and for no other reason than that.
    I disagree immensely. He shows his strength to those who threaten our safety and security, NOT to those he is obliged to, and he IS obliged to us citizens. We want action and we want explanations. We are sick and tired of how things have been going, and we want change!

    2. You can't go in because (1) you don't know where they are (2) they can (and will) execute their hostages. Even if you know (1), the complexities of (2) might put the strike team in an area so dangerous they are at risk from assault at all sides, killing every single one of them and the hostage. The Taliban knows this, so they can afford to drive a hard bargain; terrorists usually know how to get the reactions they want (for example, Osama bin Laden wanted to draw the American military into the Middle East to inflame the region with anti-Americanism and compel Muslims to rise up in arms against Western-backed governments; Bush gave them exactly what they wanted). If Obama had allowed the soldier to die, then the Taliban could have used that to their advantage as well; it proves that America can't or wont do what is necessary to protect their own, a powerful message of propaganda that would have rattled Afghanistan's conviction that America can be a good ally.
    We could use a good old-fashioned thing called "intelligence." However, we SUCK at that now. We have completely LOST OUR EDGE as being a powerful country because of a portion of our population who are complete wimps and do not realize that it IS a dog-eat-dog world out there. If you are weak, people WILL take advantage of you. Yes they will.

    At the end of the day, you can't refuse to negotiate with people who have the power to cause you harm *unless* you have an unqualified power to stop them. Despite its enormity and strength, the ability of the United States to fight back against terrorism is not unqualified.
    We have MUCH power that we are capable of using, we don't do it out of fear of "offending" people. THIS is why we will lose our status in the world and WE will be the weak ones eventually.

    3. Because of the political situation. For example, Abraham Lincoln was able to get the Democrats in the North to cooperate with him because the branch of the party that opposed him most fiercely had been incorporated into the Confederate States of America; an entire wing of Congress that had opposed Republican policies for decades disappeared overnight, leaving their chairs empty and leaving a power vacuum giving Lincoln more strength to control Congress than he would have otherwise enjoyed. Lincoln's presidency if the South hadn't seceded from the Union would strongly resemble Obama's, because every southern representative would have undermined him in every way they could until the situation changed and Republican presidents became less dangerous to their future; once they danger decreased, they could cooperate again.
    I really don't see what that has to do with our current day political issues. The problem is we have politicians who do NOT care about us or our country. They are BORN politicians I think.

    Political situations differ from the time period; at times, it is useful and fully consistent with Republican goals to cooperate with Democrats. Until their party can safely be in a position to win the presidency again, however, it is highly in their interest to undermine the plans of any Democratic president that gets in their line of sight. Every time period has its own unique political situations, its particular set of the "realities of power."
    I'm sorry, but if you object to what the President is putting forth, and he is not good at communicating it or selling it, then that is what will happen. In the end, the buck stops with the POTUS. PERIOD.

  7. #247
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I think that's absolutely true. There's a cottage industry out there that attempts to paint Obama as some wild-eyed leftist, and he's simply not.
    Right...

    Obama Surrounds Himself with the Most Extreme Appointees in American History

    Jones, who joined the administration in March as special adviser for green jobs at the CEQ, had issued two public apologies in recent days, one for signing a petition in 2004 from the group 911Truth.org that questioned whether Bush administration officials "may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war" and the other for using a crude term to describe Republicans in a speech he gave before joining the administration.

    His one-time involvement with the Bay Area radical group Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), which had Marxist roots, had also become an issue. And on Saturday his advocacy on behalf of death-row inmate Mumia Abu-Jamal, who was convicted of shooting a Philadelphia police officer in 1981, threatened to develop into a fresh point of controversy.
    White House Adviser Van Jones Resigns Amid Controversy Over Past Activism | 44 | washingtonpost.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Has Obama been a good president to this point?
    I'm not sure this poll reveals anything. You should run an identical poll with identical options with the exception of changes the name to Bush.

    I can predict that option 5 would be a big hit in that poll.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The traditionalist Americans, who built this country and culture, dislike Obama intensely because of his destruction of the country and the unique American culture in favor of a less productive, 3rd worldlike culture, within which Obama is more familiar and comfortable.
    Pretty sure the railroads, justice system and Empire state building were around by the 1970s, bub. So no, "traditionalist Americans" didn't build anything.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Has Obama been a good President?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I'm not sure this poll reveals anything. You should run an identical poll with identical options with the exception of changes the name to Bush.

    I can predict that option 5 would be a big hit in that poll.
    Utterly ridiculous. Bush is NOT the president and hasn't been for YEARS now. Get over it. The current issues are the responsibility of the current POTUS. Don't try to pawn off HIS responsibilities.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •