View Poll Results: Do you assume ppl are racist if they don't support illegal immigration ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 9.09%
  • No

    47 85.45%
  • Other

    3 5.45%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 109

Thread: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?[W:54]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So, this guy has a crystal ball and spoke to Reagan from the grave.
    All you have to do is take a trip to Simi Valley but I would first suggest reading the "Reagan Diaries."

  2. #42
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,576
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    One doesn't have be racist to be against illegal immigration...but many (or perhaps most) who are the most vocal against illegal immigration are racist at least to some extent.

    That said, illegal immigration is illegal...but there's only one way to fix it - and that's not with a wall or cracking down on employers or lining the border with armed troops or forcing illegal immigrants (and especially their children) to hide in the shadows all their lives. The ONLY way to stop illegal immigration is to somehow make Mexico's economy successful (and safe) to the point to where the people no longer feel the need to come here to feed their families. Otherwise, they will always find a way here, wall or no wall. The proof lay in the fact that during the Great Recession and the two years or so afterwards, we had zero net illegal immigration - just as many were going home as were coming here.

    That's the only way. Period.

    Do that, and there will be no need to build a taxpayer-funded wall or line the border with taxpayer-funded troops or both. But what is to be done with the ones that are already here, who are living peaceful and productive lives, who ARE paying taxes and are NOT presenting a danger to society? Give them a pathway to citizenship. Tearing families apart is not the American way.

    Build up Mexico's economy to where the people no longer feel the need to flee - that's the only way to fix illegal immigration. Period.
    Why is it our responsibility to build up Mexico's economy?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This should be Kobie's avatar.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Zombie Reagan becomes more of a reality every day.

    The right wing's fetishization of Ronald Reagan keeps getting more ridiculous.
    It's part of the Zombie Founding Father's idea the right wing has... they honestly think they can extrapolate thoughts from the 18th century and apply them to 21st century issues. Only in communist countries have I seen anything similar. When I was in Cuba, I found that the most nationalists of Cubans had an unhealthy obsession with those they considered "national heroes". They attributed all this weird **** to their FFs and basically omitted/ignored/rejected any facts about their lives which may contradict the party line. The GOP does the same thing. For example:

    The FFs believed in freedom!
    Ignore: A large percentage of them owned slaves.

    The FFs wouldn't have approved of agencies to deal with the environment/scientific research!
    Ignore: Not one of them had the slightest idea of how the natural world works in comparison to today's scientists.

    The FFs wouldn't have stood for drug legislation!
    Ignore: They didn't have to deal with drugs that could kill millions a year.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Why is it our responsibility to build up Mexico's economy?
    It actually makes sense from a geopolitical, economical and even cultural perspective to help neighboring countries be as successful as us. Why is it illegal immigration is only a problem for rich countries? I'd be far more in favor of helping build up Mexico's economy than I am in favor of propping up China's.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It actually makes sense from a geopolitical, economical and even cultural perspective to help neighboring countries be as successful as us. Why is it illegal immigration is only a problem for rich countries? I'd be far more in favor of helping build up Mexico's economy than I am in favor of propping up China's.
    I find it ironic that in one post you mention things about ignoring certain things when you ignore something here. As I have already stated in a previous post in this thread it is not possible ecnomically or otherwise to help other countries to be economically feasible. The only way to stop or significantly reduce illegal immigration is if we did what you are suggesting for ALL 3rd world countries. That simply is not possible. For many reasons.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If they support amnesty, which I have yet to find one single "immigration reform" that doesn't support amnesty in some form or another, then they are pro-illegal immigration as it has been shown twice now that amnesty just encourages more illegal immigration. Whether they admit that or not is the only difference. In the end amnesty of any sort just encourages illegal immigration.
    "amnesty" covers a lot of ground. For example, I support some form of the DREAM act(though with higher standards, 4 years military or 4 year degree), but that is my sole concession to "amnesty". I strongly beleive that if you enter our country illegally you should be removed as soon as caught, and that enforcement should start with employers who hire illegal immigrants. However, I also understand that our current immigration and border policy is not working, as evidenced by the millions of people in this country illegally, so strongly support some type of immigration reform. So tell me, do I support illegal immigrants and illegal immigration?

    Trying to simplify complex issues down to simple sound bites so that you can easily dismiss those who might disagree with you is not really a strong way to argue your case.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    "amnesty" covers a lot of ground. For example, I support some form of the DREAM act(though with higher standards, 4 years military or 4 year degree), but that is my sole concession to "amnesty". I strongly beleive that if you enter our country illegally you should be removed as soon as caught, and that enforcement should start with employers who hire illegal immigrants. However, I also understand that our current immigration and border policy is not working, as evidenced by the millions of people in this country illegally, so strongly support some type of immigration reform. So tell me, do I support illegal immigrants and illegal immigration?

    Trying to simplify complex issues down to simple sound bites so that you can easily dismiss those who might disagree with you is not really a strong way to argue your case.
    Yes, the Dream Act is in support of pro-illegals.

    I fully admit that my stance is rigid. But that is only due to 2 things. 1: Our governments proven stance of not enforcing our laws on illegal immigration to their fullest extent, despite multiple promises of "going to if you just allow this....". 2: The proven fact that even the littlest bit of amnesty (such as BO's EO for young illegals) has just made the situation worse.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #49
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    These aren't my kids.
    These aren't Americas kids.
    These kids aren't my problem or should they become America's problem.

    These kids aren't good for America.

    The Obama administration is openly violating the law.
    Catch and release is against the law.
    none of that changes the fact that your earlier post sounded really really racist.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why am I insensitive or racist if I find this wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes, the Dream Act is in support of pro-illegals.

    I fully admit that my stance is rigid. But that is only due to 2 things. 1: Our governments proven stance of not enforcing our laws on illegal immigration to their fullest extent, despite multiple promises of "going to if you just allow this....". 2: The proven fact that even the littlest bit of amnesty (such as BO's EO for young illegals) has just made the situation worse.
    So it is in support of pro-illegal aliens, because you say it is, and any one who disagrees with you is pro-illegal immigrations, whether they are or not. Well done! Reminds me of when I was told I was not patriotic because I opposed the second Iraq war, and has about as much sense to it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •