View Poll Results: Less Government or Better Government?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Government

    34 49.28%
  • Better Government

    35 50.72%
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 393

Thread: Less Government vs. Better Government

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, yes.....after all, they were fine with slavery.....no overbearing big bro stuff there...nope, not at all.

    Ah, if we had just remained a slave holding agrarian Gentry, everything would be just fine! It was best for me! Tee-hee-hee!
    Slavery was the norm back in those days. I really don't see your point in bringing slavery into this.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh gawd......yes, you are right.....the govt of a country....is analogous to a football team.

    Thank you for pushing the argument to new heights.
    He's probably trying to dumb it down for you. WTH, you brought up slavery. Just as dumb.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, one thing I can say is that I believe our "least privileged" in America are doing okay. In comparison to every other point in history and pretty much every other country, we take care of our poor pretty darn well. There has always been and will always be a "poor class." That is just how it is, and that is not ALWAYS the fault of government but the individual at times IMO.
    LOL....yes yes.....the slaves were fine from the revolution to 1865.

    OK!

    There were no issues with the poor in urban Gilded Age America either......especially when compared to the Congo.....er....wait.....did I just make a value judgement about the effectiveness of govt policy?

    Oh snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....yes yes.....the slaves were fine from the revolution to 1865.

    OK!

    There were no issues with the poor in urban Gilded Age America either......especially when compared to the Congo.....er....wait.....did I just make a value judgement about the effectiveness of govt policy?

    Oh snap!
    Who said they were "fine?" I said it was normal back then, which it was.

    Nobody said there weren't issues. We are talking about our current bloated money-eating machine wasteful government. I don't have any idea WHAT you are talking about. Apparently you are going off on some wild tangent because your love for Obama has driven you mad. It's a mad, mad world.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Slavery was the norm back in those days. I really don't see your point in bringing slavery into this.
    He's probably trying to dumb it down for you. WTH, you brought up slavery. Just as dumb.
    I know, I know.....talking about the conditions of a population as the result of govt policy....and then bringing up a govt policy (slavery) is dumb.......and forgetting that slavery is big bro run amok is...er....not dumb......er.... is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know, I know.....talking about the conditions of a population as the result of govt policy....and then bringing up a govt policy (slavery) is dumb.......and forgetting that slavery is big bro run amok is...er....not dumb......er.... is it?
    How about sticking to reality? No one here has been talking about slavery. WTH are you talking about? Dude, get a hold of yourself and try to have a rational discussion.

  7. #277
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,461

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Less government.

    'Better' and 'government' are contradictions in terms.
    Of course, of course! Which is precisely why the most successful nations on the planet - the first-world democracies - are all SOCIALIZED democracies (including America) with the very kind of Really Big Government that the Right says is automatically doomed to failure?

    Y'know, guy, if a particular dogma - no matter how precious that dogma is to you - does not explain the reality of the world, if the success and failure of nations of the world is running completely counter to the way that dogma says it should...

    ...then maybe, just maybe y'all oughta take a second look at that dogma...because if the dogma of bigger government is automatically worse government were true, then ALL the world's most successful democracies wouldn't have (and have had for over half a century or more in all cases) the kind of government that dogma says is doomed to fail.

    Faced with that reality that the dogma says should be impossible, is it really so unthinkable to question that dogma?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #278
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Who said they were "fine?" I said it was normal back then, which it was.
    "Normal"? FFS! Lets not measure if it was "fine", lets just sidestep and say it was "normal", thats a good excuse to ignore whether govt policy is beneficial for a population.....just call it "normal".

    FFS!

    Nobody said there weren't issues. We are talking about our current bloated money-eating machine wasteful government. I don't have any idea WHAT you are talking about. Apparently you are going off on some wild tangent because your love for Obama has driven you mad. It's a mad, mad world.
    Of course you don't, you have not been following along with the topic at hand for at least two pages, liking and commenting to responses to me......but you have no idea what I am talking about....as you respond to me.

    chris, get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How about sticking to reality? No one here has been talking about slavery. WTH are you talking about? Dude, get a hold of yourself and try to have a rational discussion.
    Um, anyone who talks about "what the founders wanted" in a debate about measuring the best outcomes for all people of a country had better keep in mind that slavery was a govt policy THAT THEY ALLOWED.

    Talk about DUMB.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #280
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh gawd......yes, you are right.....the govt of a country....is analogous to a football team.

    Thank you for pushing the argument to new heights.
    Analogical reasoning is considered an important component of human intelligence. Would you care to play along and discuss the merits of the anology, or would you prefer to continue in your fatuousness?

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •