View Poll Results: Less Government or Better Government?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Government

    34 49.28%
  • Better Government

    35 50.72%
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 393

Thread: Less Government vs. Better Government

  1. #231
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If government fails, its because people fail. It's amazing how many conservatives say that government sucks and can't solve problems... then elect people whose MISSION it is to prevent government from functioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The reason government isn't functioning effectively/efficiently isn't because of conservatives but because of feckless policies that have been implemented and were doomed to fail from the beginning.
    Indeed, it seems to be a defining characteristic of statists and leftists that they put forth policies that anyone with any sense ought to realize will fail, and then try to blame their opposition for the results of this failure. They'll never take responsibility for the consequences of their own policies.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #232
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Indeed, it seems to be a defining characteristic of statists and leftists that they put forth policies that anyone with any sense ought to realize will fail, and then try to blame their opposition for the results of this failure. They'll never take responsibility for the consequences of their own policies.
    Personal responsibility seems to be something the left is not keen on. Without it, it allows them more room to further their mission to create new victims so they can justify funding for a new program designed for them which gives them the opportunity to expand government control through more regulations in its implementation.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    None of your twisting will make your point for you. Neither will your personal attacks on other members. But that's your way isn't, that's precisely what your known for on this site, and why no one takes you seriously.
    LOL..."twisting". It is your (and your brethren) argument that is twisting in the wind. It is absurdity to argue that that the role of govt is to not maximize the each citizen's life or that citizens do not want this.

    Don't be upset with me, it it is you who put your argument where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #234
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    LOL so now anyone who wishes to scale back the size of government is a saboteur?
    No, I'm referring specifically to people who platform on being obstructionists, and who cheer when the government breaks.

    By scaling back the size and scope of government, it would cut waste, help eliminate fraud, and reel in over-reach of federal power. Because government has grown so big not even the legislatures can keep track of funding for certain programs often double/triple dipping funding the same program under another name. It's absurd
    I'm not against reducing government waste.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Lives longer is not subjective, but objective. It's a straight number of years. Easily measured. What is the measurement of "better"? There is no set measurement because it's a subjective value.
    Are you still clinging to the argument that the measurement of a better life is impossible? That the quality of a life, the wealth, health, satisfaction.....happiness in life....cannot be measured?

    FFS, what is wrong with you folks?

    Next up, we cannot criticize govt policy or POTUS's......because we cannot measure whether or not those policies have an effect on people or their lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Personal responsibility seems to be something the left is not keen on. Without it, it allows them more room to further their mission to create new victims so they can justify funding for a new program designed for them which gives them the opportunity to expand government control through more regulations in its implementation.
    It is so sad seeing a person who lives their life in the belief that those arguing for the betterment of man, that have objective measurement that certain policies DO in fact lead to better outcomes for all, holds to a conspiracy theory that instead it is a plan for totalitarianism.

    It is very sad. Some who hold to your view blow up federal buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Indeed, it seems to be a defining characteristic of statists and leftists that they put forth policies that anyone with any sense ought to realize will fail, and then try to blame their opposition for the results of this failure. They'll never take responsibility for the consequences of their own policies.
    This is coming from the guy who agrees with those stating that we cannot objectively measure whether policy can produce a better outcome........so how can you claim there is a problem to take responsibility for?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #238
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL..."twisting". It is your (and your brethren) argument that is twisting in the wind. It is absurdity to argue that that the role of govt is to not maximize the each citizen's life or that citizens do not want this.

    Don't be upset with me, it it is you who put your argument where it is.
    It's up to each citizen to maximize their life, not the govt.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Please share with me how this debt we now carry is going to be addressed when the number of people who are actually working and paying taxes is shrinking?
    LOL....She thinks the aggregate number of working age adults.....is shrinking!

    No more bus drivers!

    Next up, is this proof of a failing education system....or the failure of a student?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's up to each citizen to maximize their life, not the govt.
    The questions is whether govt is formed to cause a better outcomes....or not.

    You still have not absorbed the original point, it has not sunk in....or you are still in denial of the pretext in the context.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •