View Poll Results: Less Government or Better Government?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Government

    34 49.28%
  • Better Government

    35 50.72%
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 393

Thread: Less Government vs. Better Government

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Sounds like fun. I have a few south african friends, one is smoking hot and she sounds like mary poppins.

    Im guessing that wasn't the type you met.
    I wish. It certainly would've made things more interesting.

  2. #212
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If you believe that government is so abhorrent that it sucks even when its working properly, I would opt for the smallest government possible.
    Sucks when its working properly? Really? Please show me examples of how any over bloated bureaucracy is working properly? Please enlighten me on how Social Security/Medicare is going to be there for those in their 30's and 40's that are currently paying into it? Please share with me how this debt we now carry is going to be addressed when the number of people who are actually working and paying taxes is shrinking? Do tell me how one overcomes this when we have too many people wanting a free ride on the bus and not enough bus drivers to operate the buses? Please tell me how well the VA is operating after increasing its funding almost 70% and vets are dying waiting to see a doctor? Tell me how great Obamacare is when millions lost their coverage because of it and millions who signed up are discovering they are not covered! Tell me how freaking wonderful the EPA is operating by regulating industries to the point they are on life support and people are losing their jobs over it which amounts to more loss revenue to pay for all the other sh*t so many want. Please oh please enlighten me how government is doing such a good job!

  3. #213
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,955

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I am absolutely surprised by your assessment, especially since I've explained myself in posts that you have quoted and you're still oblivious. This is a question of ideological priorities: do you want government that is small, or a government that works. That is the beginning and end of the question.
    You just did it again. Your question implies that smaller government cannot work, without any reference to what smaller means or even what "works" means. I think you need to really think about how you are wording this question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If you believe that government is so abhorrent that it sucks even when its working properly, I would opt for the smallest government possible.
    Define working properly. What it is with you using so many subjective terms in trying to get your point across?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Natural disasters. Poverty. Crime. National security.
    Crime. That's easy to solve. By definition a crime is a violation of the law. Eliminate the law and you've solved crime. Not very practical though. And why do you think that it is the government's job to solve poverty? And how is it even supposed to solve natural disasters?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  4. #214
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    weak response. again-less government can be measured. Better government cannot because what socialist income redistributionists call better, many of us call worse
    LOL...what stupid response, how in the f#ck is maximizing well being of citizens "worse"?

    Worse than what?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's not the purpose of govt.
    Sure it isn't, maximizing the welfare of citizens is not what we, the people, want.

    I swear, what in the hell is wrong with you cons? How many times did you get hit in the head to reach this state of mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post



    The BS is yours. "Better" and "Worse" are purely subjective terms. You can't get around that. Period. So while you may find a certain size or a certain type of government better, that doesn't mean that everyone finds it better. And vice versa.
    Amazing.....we somehow cannot measure whether a population has a better standard of living, is healthier, lives longer.....nope, that is beyond our capabilities.

    FFS.....there is something really wrong when some people tell themselves this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Restrictions upon greed?

    What's that supposed to mean? Who are you or why would anyone want to advocate restrictions on other's ambitions?
    Some folks (turtle) are so obsessed with maximizing their wealth....to the detriment of others.

    So much so, that they will go as far as denying the ability of objectively measuring the effectiveness of govt in providing various protections to its citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Sucks when its working properly? Really? Please show me examples of how any over bloated bureaucracy is working properly? Please enlighten me on how Social Security/Medicare is going to be there for those in their 30's and 40's that are currently paying into it? Please share with me how this debt we now carry is going to be addressed when the number of people who are actually working and paying taxes is shrinking? Do tell me how one overcomes this when we have too many people wanting a free ride on the bus and not enough bus drivers to operate the buses? Please tell me how well the VA is operating after increasing its funding almost 70% and vets are dying waiting to see a doctor? Tell me how great Obamacare is when millions lost their coverage because of it and millions who signed up are discovering they are not covered! Tell me how freaking wonderful the EPA is operating by regulating industries to the point they are on life support and people are losing their jobs over it which amounts to more loss revenue to pay for all the other sh*t so many want. Please oh please enlighten me how government is doing such a good job!
    Very serious accusations .
    I'd love to hear from government employees to hear their side of this issue.
    My opinion - considering the quality of our people, I think our government is OK...but, as with private business, it can be better..
    Suggestions ?
    Listen to the people, but, listen carefully.
    IMO, polls are male bovine feces, unless conducted properly and fairly...
    I suspect too many people here "hate" government and cannot argue sensibly.

  9. #219
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure it isn't, maximizing the welfare of citizens is not what we, the people, want.

    I swear, what in the hell is wrong with you cons? How many times did you get hit in the head to reach this state of mind?
    None of your twisting will make your point for you. Neither will your personal attacks on other members. But that's your way isn't, that's precisely what your known for on this site, and why no one takes you seriously.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #220
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Hmm. I find it very interesting how you avoid all the questions asked of yourself, yet you feel as if people are some how obligated to answer your questions. I think I probably said this to you in the past, but that's shady.
    I never said you were obligated to answer any of my questions.

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •