View Poll Results: Less Government or Better Government?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Government

    34 49.28%
  • Better Government

    35 50.72%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 393

Thread: Less Government vs. Better Government

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Try spending a little time in the military.

    Trust me. You'll learn aaaallll about the wonders of "bureaucracy" before you even finish your first week.
    You mean theres something worse than the DMV?

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You mean theres something worse than the DMV?
    Yeaaa... Try spending 18 hours a day for almost a week sweating your balls off in a basic training reception center with a thousand other recruits, jumping from one endless line to another, while getting screamed at by drill sergeants if you much as breathe the wrong way.

    If you don't hate humanity in general with the passion of a million burning suns by the end of the third day, you're a damn saint.

  3. #203
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Such as? An example of such a "problem" would be nice.
    Natural disasters. Poverty. Crime. National security.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yeaaa... Try spending 18 hours a day for almost a week sweating your balls off in a basic training reception center with a thousand other recruits, jumping from one endless line to another, while getting screamed at by drill sergeants if you much as breathe the wrong way.

    If you don't hate humanity in general with the passion of a million burning suns by the end of the third day, you're a damn saint.
    Sounds like a blast, but I do sincerely thank you for going through it.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Natural disasters. Poverty. Crime. National security.
    So you think we should have a larger military? Because the National Guard usually takes care of natural disasters, along with FEMA, and the military also takes care of our national security. And what additional agencies do you think we need, and I don't think I remember you saying if you preferred a larger or a smaller government either.

    Also, since on other threads you seem to not trust the government to make the right decisions at all, why would you not want a smaller government that is easier to keep an eye, probably more efficient because there would be much less bureaucratic red tape to get things done and less agencies for things to go through for "approvals" and "authorizations" and such things?

    I mean, you really have not done a very good job at explaining your own position yet you expect it from others?

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Sounds like a blast, but I do sincerely thank you for going through it.
    Thank you, sir.

    On the bright side, getting shuttled off to actual basic training was almost a relief after that cluster ****. It was less crowded there, at least, and I got to shoot things on occasion.

    Ya know... Even if it did mean getting my ass chewed up one side and down the other everyday for almost two straight months by a 6'5" South African Drill Sergeant with PTSD.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Thank you, sir.

    On the bright side, getting shuttled off to actual basic training was almost a relief after that cluster ****. It was less crowded there, at least, and I got to shoot things on occasion.

    Ya know... Even if it did mean getting my ass chewed up one side and down the other everyday for almost two straight months by a 6'5" South African Drill Sergeant with PTSD.
    Sounds like fun. I have a few south african friends, one is smoking hot and she sounds like mary poppins.

    Im guessing that wasn't the type you met.

  8. #208
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So you think we should have a larger military?


    Because the National Guard usually takes care of natural disasters, along with FEMA, and the military also takes care of our national security.
    I forgot, those are Libertarian agencies. My bad.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government


  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post




    I forgot, those are Libertarian agencies. My bad.
    Hmm. I find it very interesting how you avoid all the questions asked of yourself, yet you feel as if people are some how obligated to answer your questions. I think I probably said this to you in the past, but that's shady.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •