View Poll Results: Less Government or Better Government?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Government

    34 49.28%
  • Better Government

    35 50.72%
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 393

Thread: Less Government vs. Better Government

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    No nation is fully developed. Development is on going.

    No evidence proves or suggests big government is necessary for it.

    Much suggests the opposite.
    Agreed. Its remarkable how many statists here think that adopting some socialist govt model from one of the nordic nations would work here. They always want something for nothing.

    I like the avatar/name btw.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    I think less government would be better because there would be a lot less red tape, it would be far less costly, and perhaps our government could get it's **** together for a change instead of spending all of our money!

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Which do you feel is more important: A government that is smaller, or a government that can solve important problems more effectively?
    Why did you word the poll that way? It's like a trick question.

  4. #164
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    No nation is fully developed. Development is on going.

    No evidence proves or suggests big government is necessary for it.

    Much suggests the opposite.
    Libertarianism always boils down to the same kind argument that the Communists use: "Communism isn't a failure, its never really been tried before."

    Maybe I am too much of a pragmatist, but all I can say is that there is not a first world libertarian nation on earth tells me something.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Libertarianism always boils down to the same kind argument that the Communists use: "Communism isn't a failure, its never really been tried before."

    Maybe I am too much of a pragmatist, but all I can say is that there is not a first world libertarian nation on earth tells me something.
    What exactly does it tell you?

  6. #166
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Libertarianism always boils down to the same kind argument that the Communists use: "Communism isn't a failure, its never really been tried before."

    Maybe I am too much of a pragmatist, but all I can say is that there is not a first world libertarian nation on earth tells me something.
    The difference is libertarianism has been tried in the first 100 years of the USA and it worked very well.

    WHich is precisely what led to the on going development of the first world which has been slowed down by big government.

  7. #167
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What exactly does it tell you?
    It tells me that libertarianism is every bit as utopian of an ideal as communism. The reason why no first world developed country has a libertarian model of governance is that it probably doesn't work. I believe in moderation, somewhere between the extremes are working models of governance.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #168
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The difference is libertarianism has been tried in the first 100 years of the USA and it worked very well.

    WHich is precisely what led to the on going development of the first world which has been slowed down by big government.
    We weren't a first world nation then, try again. You are comparing pre-industrialization to today's economy / world. It's an absurd comparison. Moreover, you must be arguing that a libertarian government was one that tolerated slavery, wholesale genocide of native peoples, and so on.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    We weren't a first world nation then, try again. You are comparing pre-industrialization to today's economy / world. It's an absurd comparison. Moreover, you must be arguing that a libertarian government was one that tolerated slavery, wholesale genocide of native peoples, and so on.
    What is the difference between libertarians and anarchists anyway?

  10. #170
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Less Government vs. Better Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What is the difference between libertarians and anarchists anyway?
    When you get down to it, none that I can see. At least between the big "L" libertarians and anarchists.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •