View Poll Results: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    51 73.91%
  • Disagree

    7 10.14%
  • Other

    11 15.94%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 247

Thread: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

  1. #121
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    The policy about no man left behind is actually No honorable man left behind........huge difference.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #122
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I assume you mean "we did not negotiate with terrorists" (I don't see how negotiating with hostages would do anything), and, unsurprisingly, you're wrong. By today's standards, the Viet Cong were a terrorist organization, and we negotiated numerous prisoner releases and exchanges with them. Just off the top of my head.
    We did those negotiations after the Vietnam conflict was over...Huge difference.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #123
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I'm sorry but that's incorrect. He must be tried and convicted of desertion. Same as you must be tried and convicted of any crime in the civilian judicial system. Or would you be okay with being called a murderer just because some of your cohorts said you were on TV?

    He deserves a firing squad if and when he's convicted and sentenced to one. Not one second before.
    But you see, I'm not on the military jury that will hear his case. I'm just running off at the mouth exactly like you. It's ONLY MY OPINION that he is a deserter. Backed up by his one time compatriots in Afghanistan who ALL have verified the fact. And the fact that he cost the lives of six of his fellow soldiers just is too GD overpowering to forgive. Tie his ass to a stake, throw a blindfold over his head and shoot the SoB.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I assume you mean "we did not negotiate with terrorists" (I don't see how negotiating with hostages would do anything), and, unsurprisingly, you're wrong. By today's standards, the Viet Cong were a terrorist organization, and we negotiated numerous prisoner releases and exchanges with them. Just off the top of my head.
    What part of the Viet Cong aka PLF (Peoples Liberation Front) aka PLA (Peoples Liberation Army) were terrorist ?

    The VC organization is broken down into three different organizations.

    VC Main Force. These were well armed and trained soldiers and even had their own uniforms.

    VC Regional Forces. Well armed and wore uniforms and collected taxes from the South Vietnamese farmers.

    VC guerrilla forces. These were your black pajama clad farmers who were in the rice business during the day and attacking American bases, setting up booby traps, planting land mines at night.
    Not as well armed as the main force or regional VC forces and were just in the hit and run business.

    Then you had the PAVN (Peoples Army of Vietnam) better known as the NVA.
    These soldiers were well trained and well armed by the Soviet Union from AK-47's, light, medium and heavy machine guns, mortars, rockets and 122 MM guns along with Soviet manufactured tanks. They were organized into divisions with infantry regiments, artillery, engineers, and they had their own REMF's supporting the soldier with the AK-47.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    But you see, I'm not on the military jury that will hear his case. I'm just running off at the mouth exactly like you. It's ONLY MY OPINION that he is a deserter. Backed up by his one time compatriots in Afghanistan who ALL have verified the fact. And the fact that he cost the lives of six of his fellow soldiers just is too GD overpowering to forgive. Tie his ass to a stake, throw a blindfold over his head and shoot the SoB.
    Yeah, but any opinion is useless if not supported in fact. And the fact is, he hasn't been convicted of any such thing yet.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,457

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    But you see, I'm not on the military jury that will hear his case. I'm just running off at the mouth exactly like you. It's ONLY MY OPINION that he is a deserter. Backed up by his one time compatriots in Afghanistan who ALL have verified the fact. And the fact that he cost the lives of six of his fellow soldiers just is too GD overpowering to forgive. Tie his ass to a stake, throw a blindfold over his head and shoot the SoB.
    And thankfully we don't throw people in jail based on opinion.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #127
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, but any opinion is useless if not supported in fact. And the fact is, he hasn't been convicted of any such thing yet.
    Its just a matter of time until he is Court martialed for at best being a deserter or at worse for being a traitor.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #128
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, but any opinion is useless if not supported in fact. And the fact is, he hasn't been convicted of any such thing yet.
    Which in turn would make the opinions of those former fellow soldiers and compatriots of Bergdahl that witnessed him deserting and the six dead soldiers killed while looking for him MEANINGLESS...even though it was eyewitnessed. You sir, are just running off at the mouth exactly like I am. Of course that JMO. And not supported by fact...except for all the eyewitnesses.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    And thankfully we don't throw people in jail based on opinion.
    Unless you made a video that no one actually saw...He is still in jail, isn't he?

  10. #130
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,457

    Re: We Donít Leave Our Men or Women in Uniform Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Unless you made a video that no one actually saw...He is still in jail, isn't he?
    huh? Sorry that went right over my head.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •