View Poll Results: Has the US Seen its last white, male President?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 1.20%
  • No

    82 98.80%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147

Thread: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    "he's a black man"? Really? It is a shame that no one in his "lineage" wanted anything to do with him when he was growing up. He was raised by whites because the blacks in his "lineage" wanted nothing to do with him. His own mother didn't even want anything to do with him. His own grandparents pushed him off onto a know pervert.
    And yet....college degree, law degree, senator, and finally first black president of the US.

    Pretty impressive for someone with such terribly 'challenged' upbringing...talk about 'overcoming disadvantage!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #62
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    57

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Over under Zero.

    There is no reason to eschew white males...we are talking about judging on "race" and gender here. So what about a white male homosexual?

    The next president will be both white and male AND experienced based on what the country has with the empty suit in office now. Look what happens when people only consider race in their voting decisions.

  3. #63
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    57

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I wonder what Republicans and conservatives are doing wrong that they cannot appeal to enough Americans to get the votes?
    Well, if you just look from the begining of the Republican party you will see that the majority of presidents have been Republican.

    Certainly since Eisenhower (but like Powell he could have gone either way).

    Eisenhower 8 years
    Kennedy/Johsnon 4 years
    Johnson 4 years
    Nixon 4 years plus
    Ford (unelected) 3 years plus
    Carter 4 years
    Reagan 8 years
    Bush 4 years
    Clinton 8 years
    Bush 8 years
    Obama 8 years (hopefully shortened by impeachment)

    32 years Republican
    28 years Democrat

    53%


    Don't confuse the Repubican party with conservatism though.

  4. #64
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    57

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'd say it's far more likely that after the current occupant of the White House leaves office, it will be a lifetime before another black man is elected President.

    In case you missed it, the current President was elected by a lot of non-minority votes. You're suggestion implies that minorities aren't capable of voting outside their race.
    To be fair, minorities, even if they voted monolithically, could not have got Obama elected. The overwhelming precentage of Obama supporters were "white". Blacks voted for him at near a 100% though.

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I wonder what Republicans and conservatives are doing wrong that they cannot appeal to enough Americans to get the votes?
    Pissing off their base, they try to move left during elections and don't score anyone from the Democrats while insuring their base will stay home on election day, something I was tempted to do when I was a Republican during the McCain/Obama election, both options were atrocious.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You are a woman who won't vote for Hillary. I am also a woman who won't vote for Hillary.

    I know a lot of women who voted for Hillary in the NH primary in 2008 because she is a woman. Lots of blacks voted for Obama because his father was black.

    In 2012 blacks outvoted whites for the first time ever. Women are voting more and the bloc is increasing eac year.

    His question was actually a valid one when you consider the results of the last few elections and the difference in demographics.
    just to be clear blacks did not "outvote"whites number wise, they simply outvoted them PERCENTAGE WISE which is sorta meanignless. It is the first time it happened but not a large impact.

    not saying you suggested otherwise I just wanted to point that out because there are SOME people that dont get that black is still a minority in a very large way in this country.

    If EVERY SINGLE black person voted for the color blue THREE TIMES and only 60% of all whites voted at all and they voted for red, red wins.

    So I dont think the question is valid at all based on demographics on RACES.

    Now for gender demographics its more "plausible" since in 2010 the county was 50.9% female. But we have to have our FIRST female president to go down this path and then its HIGHLY unlikely anyway because the majority of people dont vote on race or gender.

    as far as per race, its "roughly" like this:
    72% white
    13% black
    5% asian
    other

    so excluding white males is very unlikely anytime soon lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #67
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    57

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post



    LOL. Herman Cain, the guy with the tax plan straight out of Sim City? He's all yours.
    I wouldn't vote for Cain.

    I would vote for Dr. Ben Carson though.

    Wasn't much on Alan Keys fan either or Colin Powell.

    The fact is that ANY black person who says they are Republican move to the head of the class.

  8. #68
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianBoroihme View Post
    I wouldn't vote for Cain.

    I would vote for Dr. Ben Carson though.

    Wasn't much on Alan Keys fan either or Colin Powell.

    The fact is that ANY black person who says they are Republican move to the head of the class.
    I wouldn't vote for Carson either. There are very few people who identify as Republicans I'd even consider, and with the state of today's GOP, I wouldn't do it if you put a gun to my head. The Democrats are not much better.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #69
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    An old saying:

    "The Democrats are the party of no ideas, but the Republicans are the party of BAD ideas."

    I would probably add that the Democrats are often the party of no BALLS, but alas I repeat myself. (snork)
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

  10. #70
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Has the US seen its last white, male President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    An old saying:

    "The Democrats are the party of no ideas, but the Republicans are the party of BAD ideas."

    I would probably add that the Democrats are often the party of no BALLS, but alas I repeat myself. (snork)
    Lewis Black, I believe.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •