View Poll Results: Should Bowe Berdahl Be Court Martialed?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 42.86%
  • No

    8 19.05%
  • I don't know

    16 38.10%
  • Insider Training is Tuff.....

    0 0%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 133

Thread: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Most of the Military calling in on Radio stations are tearing Bergdahl up.....also others are questioning if BO is trying to use this with Peace talks with the Taliban since they are not talking with us and using Qatar as an intermediary.

    The issue is should he be court martialed. People can show whatever they need to back why they think so or not. The article OP I presented was info released this Morning on him, based on what those in Contact with the Taliban are saying.

    They also know he sent his father a letter telling him he was going to take off from the US military.....and talking about how the Military sucked and then he went off into some speil about how we treat the Afghans.
    Last edited by MMC; 06-02-14 at 09:41 AM.

  2. #12
    Guru
    Smartmouthwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,954

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Now that we've started negotiating with terrorists, no American is safe. 5 bad asses for one idiot. Sounds like another Obama bad decision.

  3. #13
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Now that we've started negotiating with terrorists, no American is safe. 5 bad asses for one idiot. Sounds like another Obama bad decision.
    We've started negotiating with terrorists *behind the backs of Congress. A clear breaking of the law.

    Also, we have a Marine in Mexico who is being imprisoned that the FedGov is doing nothing about while we trade terrorists for a sympathizer in Pakistan.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Now that we've started negotiating with terrorists, no American is safe. 5 bad asses for one idiot. Sounds like another Obama bad decision.

    Mornin' SMW. This is not a good move.....period. Plus the MS Media is all over Rice and Hagel about the health issue now. Especially After those in Germany reported he was in good health considering his ordeal.


    Moreover.....the Z Man for AQ is luving this. Considering in April he told his followers to start kidnapping and capturing Americans so they can get their people released. Now.....ANY Americans going overseas into any of these regions. Now have a target on their backs.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We've started negotiating with terrorists *behind the backs of Congress. A clear breaking of the law.

    Also, we have a Marine in Mexico who is being imprisoned that the FedGov is doing nothing about while we trade terrorists for a sympathizer in Pakistan.

    Heya WCH ......yep, we have that Marine in Mexico. Which all know Kerry's office was contacted. Can't leave him behind.....isn't that what Susan Rice was trying to Preach?

    Did she forget Benghazi so soon as well as her past history? She is a joke before the International Community and a fool advising BO.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Here is some info that gives us a little insight into the BO play with the Taliban. Obama is Hoping for a Peace Plan with the Taliban.



    US prisoner swap ignites criticism, hopes for peace talks.....


    Kabul (AFP) - The dramatic deal to free soldier Bowe Bergdahl in exchange for Taliban prisoners ignited criticism after the insurgents' leader declared a "big victory", but also raised hopes for peace as the US prepares to leave Afghanistan.

    Washington has defended the swap as critical to saving Bergdahl's life, as his health had deteriorated sharply after five years spent as the only US soldier held captive by the Taliban since the war began in 2001.

    Senator John McCain, who was himself a prisoner of war in Vietnam, called them the "hardest of the hard core" and said it was "disturbing that these individuals would have the ability to re-enter the fight".

    Mullah Mohammad Omar, the spiritual leader of the Taliban, issued a rare statement praising the release of the Guantanamo five as a "big victory", and congratulating "all the mujahideen"......snip~

    US prisoner swap ignites criticism, hopes for peace talks


    What does it say when the Taliban and all of AQ are Celebrating?

  7. #17
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    You know the BS detector light flickered a little when I read that line.
    Ok, I guess I might be wrong about the Taliban hiding Easter eggs for Bowe.

    Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....-easterbunny1-vi-jpg

  8. #18
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Absolutely be tried by court martial under the UCMJ....He deserted his post, and aided the enemy...That is according to at least one person that says they were there at the time....

    "I WAS THERE. I'm sick of all the lies. Here is the TRUTH, from someone on the ground. We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. IT WAS HARD TO SEE, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE KNEW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND WE LOST GOOD MEN TRYING TO FIND HIM. PFC MATTHEW MICHAEL MARTINEK, STAFF SGT. KURT ROBERT CURTISS, SSG CLAYTON BOWEN, PFC MORRIS WALKER, SSG MICHAEL MURPHREY, 2LT DARRYN ANDREWS, WERE ALL KIA FROM OUR UNIT WHO DIED LOOKING FOR BERGDAHL. MANY OTHERS FROM VARIOUS UNITS WERE WOUNDED OR KILLED WHILE ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR BERGDAHL. FIGHTING Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. EITHER WAY WHAT MATTERS IS THAT GOOD MEN DIED BECAUSE OF HIM. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."

    Bowe Bergdahl’s Father on Twitter: “I Am Working to Free All Guantanamo Prisoners… ameen” | The Gateway Pundit

    If this is true...Then the man should answer for his actions.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Absolutely be tried by court martial under the UCMJ....He deserted his post, and aided the enemy...That is according to at least one person that says they were there at the time....

    "I WAS THERE. I'm sick of all the lies. Here is the TRUTH, from someone on the ground. We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. IT WAS HARD TO SEE, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE KNEW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND WE LOST GOOD MEN TRYING TO FIND HIM. PFC MATTHEW MICHAEL MARTINEK, STAFF SGT. KURT ROBERT CURTISS, SSG CLAYTON BOWEN, PFC MORRIS WALKER, SSG MICHAEL MURPHREY, 2LT DARRYN ANDREWS, WERE ALL KIA FROM OUR UNIT WHO DIED LOOKING FOR BERGDAHL. MANY OTHERS FROM VARIOUS UNITS WERE WOUNDED OR KILLED WHILE ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR BERGDAHL. FIGHTING Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. EITHER WAY WHAT MATTERS IS THAT GOOD MEN DIED BECAUSE OF HIM. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."

    Bowe Bergdahl’s Father on Twitter: “I Am Working to Free All Guantanamo Prisoners… ameen” | The Gateway Pundit

    If this is true...Then the man should answer for his actions.


    Mornin' JMac. I agree.. This goes with what they were saying he asked his CO. Others keep talking about how he was constantly bashing the Military. They promoted this Deserter twice. Not once.....Twice. There is no way any Should be calling him SGT.

    BO is using this politically to deal with the Taliban who refuse to talk to our people. There was no health problem as Germany reported.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: Freed US soldier celebrated Xmas, played Badminton with Captors.....

    This is probably a forlorn hope, but let's not rush to judgment just yet.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •