View Poll Results: Do you agree with your Party's Platform.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do agree 100%

    2 4.55%
  • I do agree with most of it.

    14 31.82%
  • I'm 50/50.

    8 18.18%
  • I disagree with most of it

    1 2.27%
  • I disagree with all of it. I shouldn't be in this party

    0 0%
  • I'm not part of a political party?

    16 36.36%
  • Party....the party is at my house.

    3 6.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Do you fully agree with your Party's Platform?

  1. #31
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Do you fully agree with your Party's Platform?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    If I was an elected official, yes. As a private citizen I don't have to be loyal to the party. I guess I just say that to make a point. I hate disloyal Republicans that cause the party to be ineffective.
    So - if you were an elected official. Say, you were a Congressman, and you were told, by your party, that Obama was the anti-Christ, and you had to kill him - you would do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you fully agree with your Party's Platform?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    too many citizens have placed their party allegiance above that loyalty given to their country
    What if someone doesn't see much point in being loyal to a country?

  3. #33
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Do you fully agree with your Party's Platform?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    For those that are part of a political party. Do you fully agree with your party's platform? If not what parts of it do you not agree with?
    I refuse to identify with a political party.

    I find the phrasing of the question curious, though. I would be suspicious of anyone who *fully* agreed with their party. That tells me their nothing but an easily-led mindless bot.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you fully agree with your Party's Platform?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    So - if you were an elected official. Say, you were a Congressman, and you were told, by your party, that Obama was the anti-Christ, and you had to kill him - you would do that?
    I would vote with the party to kill the president, yes. I wouldn't pour water on my head because the party said that I should pour water on my head. I would vote with the party. Surely you understand the difference.

    I wouldn't let them dictate my personal decision. The party would dictate 100% of my decisions as a congressman.

    I don't want to disappoint you though by refusing to respond to your foolish scenario. If I was a military personnel and I was order to kill the president, I would not kill the president. The reason being is because the President is the highest person in the military's chain of command.

    As a congressman I would not be required to kill the president. As a military personnel I would not be required to kill the president.

    I would vote with the party 100% of the time even in the scenario that you described. Would I physically do the deed? That is not the job of a congressman. If you honestly don't know what I mean by being 100% loyal to the party, I will continue to try to explain it to you. I have this feeling that you know exactly what I mean.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •