View Poll Results: Do you support Obamacare ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.63%
  • No

    50 52.63%
  • other

    15 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 120

Thread: Do you support Obamacare ?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    This is not single payer. It's insurance. As you say...risk spread around. Which means if you bring in more risk, you pay a bit more than someone who does not. That's the way it works. Or the way it used to work. Obamacare was NOT supposed to guarantee coverage for those with high claims at the same rate as someone who has no claims. But that's what they slipped in under the door. That's part of the reason that premiums (for the healthy people) sky rocketed. If you are sick, your premium went DOWN. Even though you will be using the insurance much more than others.

    That's not right. It's not fair. And it shifts the costs of unhealthy lifestyles to those who don't use insurance that much, whether because of genetics or a healthy lifestyle. There are so many people who are obese (self-inflicted condition), which means they will get metabolic syndrome, if they don't have it already (diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke risk, etc.). All related to their obesity caused by their lifestyle. I, a healthy person, am footing the bill for their lifestyle, even though I live a healthy lifestyle myself. I walk every day, eat veggies & fruit, rarely eat pizza, etc., etc. Despite coming from a morbidly obese family, and tipping the scales at moderate obesity during puberty, I've escaped and have been a normal weight, healthy person all my adult life. It's not easy. My reward? I'm healthy. And I get to pay a higher premium so I can pay for an obese person's health care. Ironic.
    Just try to get sick more often and do riskier things. That will make it more fair for you.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    You have decided that some people are more important than others.
    We are a nation. There is more than one person to consider. This severely complicates things. Did you know that? Well. Now you do. It makes it more complicated when more than one person is involved. When 350,000,000 are involved it becomes even more complicated.

    You should have already noticed this in your life but just in case you didn't, I did tell you about it. Now you can't say that you didn't know.

  3. #53
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,571
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    I voted no only because there was no hell no option.

    I don't CARE if there are some good components in Obamacare. There are very very few really bad laws that have no redeeming features to them whatsoever. And the few good components could have been addressed and accomplished without taking control of the entire system.

    I oppose Obamacare because it is unconstitutional; most of it is very bad law that takes away the rights of the people in favor of an ever larger, more expensive, more intrusive, more authoritarian, more totalitarian central government for the benefit of a privileged permanent political class; and it is likely to complete the destruction of the finest medical system the world has ever known.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You keep harping on how Obamacare was designed to save the government money. I don't see it. Heck, right now, it's costing the government more money that originally stated and there isn't any reduction in sight.

    As far as everyone acting opposite of what they believe, you couldn't be more wrong. The Democrats who foisted this on us and shoved it down our throats are acting exactly as they believe...that the government is the only ones who can do the right thing for people and government control is a good thing. The Republicans are also acting exactly as they believe...less government control and simpler solutions.
    If the government wanted to spend more money and control everybody's medical choices, they used the wrong method. All they had to do was expand Medicaid to every single American Citizen. The law would have fit on one page. The infrastructure was already in existence and had several decades of experience behind it. They chose not to go that route. Do you have any idea why?

    I have explained my position thoroughly. How does this cost the government more money? Explain it to me. (or don't)

    P.S. As a courtesy I promise not to respond if you promise to use more than 4 sentences to explain your case. Deal?
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 05-31-14 at 06:35 PM.

  5. #55
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Im in favor of a single payer government ran healthcare system. But saying that I do see and understand the benefits to the ACA (Obamacare), when operating in a for profit medical system.


  6. #56
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    That isn't absolutely nothing. This at least raises revenue for the government and reduces expenses. Republicans were able to acheive an objective that they have always had but now they have someone else to blame for it. This was a massive present to the Republican Party.

    Republicans reached their goal of reducing expenditures without receiving any of the heat associated with it.
    But it doesn't reduce expenditures, it vastly increases them. It doesn't raise revenue for the government, it increases costs that the government has to borrow even more money from China to pay for. Obamacare is a disaster across the board.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But it doesn't reduce expenditures, it vastly increases them. It doesn't raise revenue for the government, it increases costs that the government has to borrow even more money from China to pay for.
    I am interested in your argument. How will this increase expenses?

    As a courtesy: I promise not to respond to your argument as long as your argument contains more than 4 sentences. I honestly want to hear this side of it. How does it cost more than it costs now? I honestly don't see it. All I am hearing is that everybody is getting screwed but I am open to hear your observation.

    Please explain it to me. (or don't)

  8. #58
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    If the government wanted to spend more money and control everybody's medical choices, they used the wrong method. All they had to do was expand Medicaid to every single American Citizen. The law would have fit on one page. The infrastructure was already in existence and had several decades of experience behind it. They chose not to go that route. Do you have any idea why?

    I have explained my position thoroughly. How does this cost the government more money? Explain it to me. (or don't)

    P.S. As a courtesy I promise not to respond if you promise to use more than 4 sentences to explain your case. Deal?
    Ahhh...I see. In your mind, since the government didn't go the universal heathcare route...which would have cost even MORE money...they are "saving" money by going the Obamacare route. It seems to me that I've heard that kind of logic somewhere before. Oh...that's right...it's the same kind of logic that says if we project a certain level of increased spending...but actually increase spending at a lower level...we are, therefore, decreasing spending.

    LOL!!

    P.S. I don't care if you respond to me or not, so no deal. I will use as many sentences as is required. No more...no less.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Ahhh...I see. In your mind, since the government didn't go the universal heathcare route...which would have cost even MORE money...they are "saving" money by going the Obamacare route. It seems to me that I've heard that kind of logic somewhere before. Oh...that's right...it's the same kind of logic that says if we project a certain level of increased spending...but actually increase spending at a lower level...we are, therefore, decreasing spending.

    LOL!!

    P.S. I don't care if you respond to me or not, so no deal. I will use as many sentences as is required. No more...no less.
    My question should have been worded like this: Why does Obamacare cost more than the current system? Please explain that to me. (or don't)

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Ahhh...I see. In your mind, since the government didn't go the universal heathcare route...which would have cost even MORE money...they are "saving" money by going the Obamacare route.
    Nope. I have been comparing the current system to the Affordable Care Act the entire time. Don't feel pressured. You don't have to explain to me why Obamacare costs the government more than the current system. You can just ignore the question entirely and pretend that I didn't ask it.

    Does that sound fair? I don't want to stress you out by making you think.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •