View Poll Results: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 57.14%
  • No

    18 42.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

  1. #11
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    I think we need proof climate change is even real....

    I mean Al gore said that by now the ice caps would be gone, and lo and behold they are larger now then when he made that comment.

    Climate change is a hoax
    97% of Global scientists believe that global warming is real. And that it is caused by man. Nonetheless, climate change does exist--whether or not you believe that it is caused by man or not--it's just that all scientist do not agree as to what's causing it.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    97% of Global scientists believe that global warming is real. And that it is caused by man. Nonetheless, climate change does exist--whether or not you believe that it is caused by man or not--it's just that all scientist do not agree as to what's causing it.
    Has the AGW argument imploded? « Hot Air

    Has new research disproven the theoretical models of anthropogenic global warming? A new study by a European nuclear research group appears to show that the actual prime cause of temperature shifts in the Earth’s climate isn’t carbon dioxide at all, or even the broader range of “greenhouse gases,” but the large ball of fire in the center of the solar system. Not that this study from CERN has attracted much attention in the media, at least not in the US — but at least Nature reported the results and the implications:

    British newspapers like the Register and the Telegraph have reported on the results from CERN, but it’s not received much attention from the American media. Investors Business Daily wonders why all of those who proclaimed the supposedly “settled science” are now so quiet:




    Lawrence Solomon: Science getting settled | Financial Post

    New, convincing evidence indicates global warming is caused by cosmic rays and the sun — not humans

    WHy do think the american media is quiet about this new research?

  3. #13
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yes, W. Virginia, the climate change debate is over.
    In the minds of those that do not care about science, but do care about a political agenda.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #14
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    Has the AGW argument imploded? « Hot Air

    Has new research disproven the theoretical models of anthropogenic global warming? A new study by a European nuclear research group appears to show that the actual prime cause of temperature shifts in the Earth’s climate isn’t carbon dioxide at all, or even the broader range of “greenhouse gases,” but the large ball of fire in the center of the solar system. Not that this study from CERN has attracted much attention in the media, at least not in the US — but at least Nature reported the results and the implications:

    British newspapers like the Register and the Telegraph have reported on the results from CERN, but it’s not received much attention from the American media. Investors Business Daily wonders why all of those who proclaimed the supposedly “settled science” are now so quiet:




    Lawrence Solomon: Science getting settled | Financial Post

    New, convincing evidence indicates global warming is caused by cosmic rays and the sun — not humans

    WHy do think the american media is quiet about this new research?
    Like I said votemout: 97% of climate scientists believe that it is real.

    but it’s not received much attention from the American media
    It might be because the findings didn't come from one of those 97 percent of scientists that believe global warming is real.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Like I said votemout: 97% of climate scientists believe that it is real.

    It might be because the findings didn't come from one of those 97 percent of scientists that believe global warming is real.
    SO these new findings are debunking there BS agenda, So you think we should still listen to scientists that has had their beliefs debunked?

  6. #16
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    SO these new findings are debunking there BS agenda, So you think we should still listen to scientists that has had their beliefs debunked?
    Like I told you before 97% believe that global change is real and that it is caused by man; I do not believe that report came from one of those 97 percenters.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  7. #17
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    At some point, more than 97% of "scientists" did "believe" that the Ptolemaic geocentric system (epicycles and all) fits available data better than the brilliant but wild speculations of that Polish dude. And actually, they were quite right: it took another couple of centuries to amass the evidence that made Copernicus and his Greek predecessors "indisputably and obviously" correct.

    As for the US military - and the US government in general...No. Absolutely not. "Climate change" - or any other vague ideologeme - should be given no more than zero consideration, when it comes to making sure that our soldiers (for example) have adequate clothing or medical supplies. Whatever may be happening or not happening "globally" over long stretches of time, an American soldier should have what he needs now, within 24 hours, from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world. We can do it. Whether it is 1 degree centigrade warmer or colder ten years from now is totally irrelevant.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    At some point, more than 97% of "scientists" did "believe" that the Ptolemaic geocentric system (epicycles and all) fits available data better than the brilliant but wild speculations of that Polish dude. And actually, they were quite right: it took another couple of centuries to amass the evidence that made Copernicus and his Greek predecessors "indisputably and obviously" correct.
    The scientific method didn't exist until well after Copernicus. He was part of throwing the old system of evidence gathering and interpretation down.

  9. #19
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    At some point, more than 97% of "scientists" did "believe" that the Ptolemaic geocentric system (epicycles and all) fits available data better than the brilliant but wild speculations of that Polish dude. And actually, they were quite right: it took another couple of centuries to amass the evidence that made Copernicus and his Greek predecessors "indisputably and obviously" correct.

    As for the US military - and the US government in general...No. Absolutely not. "Climate change" - or any other vague ideologeme - should be given no more than zero consideration, when it comes to making sure that our soldiers (for example) have adequate clothing or medical supplies. Whatever may be happening or not happening "globally" over long stretches of time, an American soldier should have what he needs now, within 24 hours, from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world. We can do it. Whether it is 1 degree centigrade warmer or colder ten years from now is totally irrelevant.
    The Catholic Church meddled in that whole affair too. Seems to similar to oil companies and climate change.

  10. #20
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,388

    Re: Should the US military prepare for climate change?

    From what I know of science, facts are not determine by polls. It is by establishing a hypothesis and then either proving it or disproving it.

    I think the military should include any possible effects of weather in their overall risk assessment. The same way they do when they decide which directions the runways should face. They should not be prohibited from doing so, but it should be fact based. Putting a base in New Orleans probably isn't the best idea since it is pretty much underwater already.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •