View Poll Results: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.

    21 51.22%
  • I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.

    0 0%
  • I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.

    13 31.71%
  • I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.

    5 12.20%
  • Other/I do not know.

    2 4.88%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

  1. #41
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,570

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Should troops stationed in Colorado and Washington be allowed recreational use of marijuana? What say you?


    I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.
    I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.
    I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.
    I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.
    Other/I do not know.


    I say yes.I think that considering the fact we are having our troops sacrifice for their lives then they should be allowed to have all the vices they can.Basically they should be treated like a make a wish kid except with booze, hookers, dirty magazines, alcohol marijuana and etc.
    Oh, wow - good question! I actually had to think about it, which is more than one usually has to do with a lot of comments here. I am for legalization of marijuana for recreational use...but until it becomes legalized nationwide, I say "no" to use by the military. I am retired military. I smoked weed twice while on active duty (when I was young and stupid, and it was back in the days before urinalysis tests were the norm), I've had friends discharged because they "popped positive", I've been a urinalysis coordinator and sent people up for non-judicial punishment for smoking weed, and I've looked with scorn at the report of one of our senior chiefs on board who popped positive...two months before he was due to retire. He just. couldn't. wait. I don't feel sorry for him at all - but I feel very sorry for his wife and kids.

    So...yeah, I know something about it from the military side.

    I am opposed to the military allowing it until it is legal nationwide because while it's not physically addictive, marijuana - like almost anything else - can be psychologically habit-forming. If we allow our military to follow state laws, then when Sailor Joe Schmuckatelli gets transferred from here in Puget Sound where he can smoke weed to, say, the Naval base down in Meridian, Mississippi where the politics revolves around God, guns, and we-hate-Obama...Sailor Joe is essentially getting set up for failure. He'll do it sooner or later, then pop positive on a urinalysis, and life sucks for a long time.

    Don't get me wrong - I wish we'd legalize weed nationwide today, including in the military. But allowing the military to follow the local laws state-by-state sets people up for failure...and for that reason, I'm against it.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i think this is a issue best left to the commanding officers.
    On a per unit or base basis?

    Leave it up to individual prejudices against pot? I would think the same rules they use for liquor would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #43
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    The poll question assumes that would be changed,which is what the poll questions asks if they should be allowed to.Meaning it was made legal.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #44
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    No. What if Colorado and Washington are attacked and our troops aren't ready? It would be a disaster. They'd take Seattle in a heartbeat.
    You are making the assumption that they would be stoned 24/7 instead of just on their time off.Troops are not drunk 24/7 so why would they be stoned 24/7?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #45
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Troops aren't always on the job, dude. They're not walking around 24/7 with rifles.

    You're wrong about that. They may not be walking around 24/7 with rifles. They are however subject to recall 24/7. It's happened before.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  6. #46
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    For certain occupations, I can see the logic behind restricted use of alcohol, marijuana and drug use. First priority; All elected government officials.
    Doctors? Educators?

    Just in response to the OP....

    The reality is that military personnel are covered by a different set of rules. The same rules that might add extra restrictions in the states will save their asses in a foreign country. Part of the gig.

  7. #47
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    You're wrong about that. They may not be walking around 24/7 with rifles. They are however subject to recall 24/7. It's happened before.
    Of course it's happened. And if they're drunk, no one is going to care.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #48
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    If they are allowed to drink alcohol, they should be allowed to smoke marijuana. Especially since alcohol is much more likely to cause them to injure themselves/someone else or cause a serious weapons accident or something.

  9. #49
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The poll question assumes that would be changed,which is what the poll questions asks if they should be allowed to.Meaning it was made legal.
    Illegal drugs as defined by the US Government will not be made legal anytime soon, so, never assume anything, to do so is foolish.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Should troops stationed in Colorado and Washington be allowed recreational use of marijuana? What say you?


    I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.
    I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.
    I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.
    I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.
    Other/I do not know.


    I say yes.I think that considering the fact we are having our troops sacrifice for their lives then they should be allowed to have all the vices they can.Basically they should be treated like a make a wish kid except with booze, hookers, dirty magazines, alcohol marijuana and etc.
    I'm in favor of legalization, but until such time that the federal government legalizes it federal employees, including troops, should not use marijuana. The states legalizing it doesn't impact that. If they want to smoke they can take employment with a state entity or private entity rather than federal.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •