View Poll Results: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.

    21 51.22%
  • I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say yes.

    0 0%
  • I am for legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.

    13 31.71%
  • I am against legalized recreational use of marijuana and I say no.

    5 12.20%
  • Other/I do not know.

    2 4.88%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

  1. #11
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The problem is that there is no generally agreed upon level of THC in the blood/urine that defines being "stoned/high" like there is for BAC levels defining drunk/under the influence.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/he...marijuana.html
    Absolutely. If we were to stop demonizing pot long enough to establish an acceptable level of intoxication, that would address the issue -- especially given the increasing use of THC vaporizers, which would allow users to more strictly control their intake if they so desire.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The problem is that there is no generally agreed upon level of THC in the blood/urine that defines being "stoned/high" like there is for BAC levels defining drunk/under the influence.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/he...marijuana.html
    When in doubt, just say no. If you're an accountant or a file clerk, that's one thing. However, would I want to take that risk with a soldier?

    Would you want your surgeon to admit to being a "casual smoker" of weed while being rolled into surgery?

  3. #13
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    When in doubt, just say no. If you're an accountant or a file clerk, that's one thing. However, would I want to take that risk with a soldier?

    Would you want your surgeon to admit to being a "casual smoker" of weed while being rolled into surgery?
    I would greatly prefer informed, responsible consumption to blind ignorance, yes. I feel that way about pot as much as I do alcohol and any other intoxicant.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #14
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    With their jobs, needed readiness, and level of exactitude I'd still say no. I wouldn't want cops or fireman on the weed either - even if they're not on the clock.
    Should they not drink, either, from the time they enlist until separation?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Should they not drink, either, from the time they enlist until separation?
    I'd be good with that rule.

  6. #16
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I'd be good with that rule.
    lol ****, I would've gotten out right away. The military we just plain shut down. As well as all the little villes around the bases.

    Sometimes I forget that a lot of people don't have any first- or second-hand knowledge of the military, but....you understand that in garrison it's often just a job with regular hours, right?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol ****, I would've gotten out right away. The military we just plain shut down. As well as all the little villes around the bases.

    Sometimes I forget that a lot of people don't have any first- or second-hand knowledge of the military, but....you understand that in garrison it's often just a job with regular hours, right?
    I guess it would depend. Now if a bunch of JAG lawyers wanted to blow off steam, fine. What if a bunch of guys on a deployed nuclear sub wanted to drink, and they called for all men on quarters? Seems to me that it'd be quite inconvenient.

  8. #18
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I guess it would depend. Now if a bunch of JAG lawyers wanted to blow off steam, fine. What if a bunch of guys on a deployed nuclear sub wanted to drink, and they called for all men on quarters? Seems to me that it'd be quite inconvenient.
    That's a deployment. They're extremely different things, and they're never confused.

    The only time I can see someone being confused as to whether or not they're working is when it comes to "mandatory fun" events, and someone's NCO will square them away and explain to them: "No, you're still 'working', even if the commander allows you to drink".

    They are so absolutely different things that...I'm glad you asked, because, again, I honestly forget that most people have no idea how the military works.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #19
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    I voted to legalize here in Washington, but They are Federal Troops and Marijuana is illegal under Federal Law and the UCMJ. So no they shouldn't.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should troops stationed in CO and WA be allowed recreational use of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    That's a deployment. They're extremely different things, and they're never confused.

    The only time I can see someone being confused as to whether or not they're working is when it comes to "mandatory fun" events, and someone's NCO will square them away and explain to them: "No, you're still 'working', even if the commander allows you to drink".

    They are so absolutely different things that...I'm glad you asked, because, again, I honestly forget that most people have no idea how the military works.
    I'll admit - I'm not intimately knowledgeable about how it works. If you're just a typical forty-a-week plebe not doing anything vital or dangerous, I'm good with it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •