View Poll Results: Who is worse?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stirling (racist comments)

    5 12.50%
  • Vick (dog abuser/fighter/killer/torturer)

    33 82.50%
  • Don't know/undecided

    2 5.00%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 160

Thread: Sterling vs Vick

  1. #131
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,761

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    1. I said pretty much the exact same thing when the story broke. All the NBA has to do is cite which rule or law/by-law he broke and they can feel free to act accordingly. The best 'punishment' for him would be for Clippers fans everywhere to empty the arena for a year.

    2. Just dont pretend an 80 year old man making a racial comment to his 30 year old Latina girlfriend is on par with killing dogs for fun.
    1. Yes. Totally agree.

    2. Yes. Totally agree.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Simple--he is in a business which heavily markets to blacks. His stupid comments to his whore is costing people money. He will be punished.

    It's got nadda to do ith me or what I believe should happen. It's what will happen.


    BTW, if it was up to me, those who torture animals would be shot. ANd, that includes whose who make your bacon as well as the Vick characters who fight dogs.
    That's fine and should be left to the free market, but I don't think it's right for people to go out of their way to punish a person for what he thought were private comments. It's too much like thought control and "punishing" someone because of his private thoughts.

  3. #133
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,761

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's fine and should be left to the free market, but I don't think it's right for people to go out of their way to punish a person for what he thought were private comments. It's too much like thought control and "punishing" someone because of his private thoughts.
    I'm not at all comfortable with private comments coming out to be used against someone in public. But, when the cat is out of the bag, it's not possible to put it back in. Sterling's comments playing all over the airwaves hurt the NBA. He will be punished. If for no other reason than to appease those who feel slighted---they are, after all, paying customers and consumers of very expensive gym shoes.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at all comfortable with private comments coming out to be used against someone in public. But, when the cat is out of the bag, it's not possible to put it back in. Sterling's comments playing all over the airwaves hurt the NBA. He will be punished. If for no other reason than to appease those who feel slighted---they are, after all, paying customers and consumers of very expensive gym shoes.
    Right, and if players decide to not play for him anymore or if fans decide to not pay to see games, then that is the free market deciding. Punishments handed down by the league are not though.

  5. #135
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,761

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Right, and if players decide to not play for him anymore or if fans decide to not pay to see games, then that is the free market deciding. Punishments handed down by the league are not though.
    If I ran the league, I'd not schedule the Clippers in any games and release all the players from their contracts--assuming all the other owners agree--letting all the players find new teams and perhaps handing another owner an NBA team in LA, whom I would schedule immediately in games to replace the Clips.

  6. #136
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Sterling isn't being judged by his "long history."
    Sterling is being judged for his long history. Without his long history, the audio thing never ****ing happens.

    you can ignore his long history of racism and being a piece of **** all you want, but that doesn't change reality.

    "Meat farming" is feeding the masses. I don't equate meat farming in any way, shape or form to the horrible sport of dog fighting.
    "The masses" aren't fed by meat farming. The amount of meat consumed in the US is by far and away luxury level ****, not sustenance level.

    Meat consumption at this level is not only unnecessary, it's pretty much pure entertainment.

    Again, ignoring relaity does not alter it. Just because YOU want to view something hypocritically does not change the fact that it is hypocrisy.


    You need some coffee this morning, Tucker. You're cranky. I'm sure you know it's possible to have a difference of opinion without insulting someone.
    Where did I insult anyone? I'm calling ignorant/hypocritical/stupid ideas, arguments, and statements what they are. If people don't like the fact that their ideas/positions are ignorant/hypocritical/stupid/etc then what they need to do is change their ideas/positions. I'm certainly not going to stop calling ignorant/hypocritical/stupid positions ignorant/hypocritical/stupid because they are too ****ing sensitive.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #137
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You are still embarrassing yourself. First you want to pretend that an 80 year old man that said something in private to a scorned 30 year old girlfriend is some great atrocious crime, FAR greater than a guy who actually committed acts that involved not only training dogs to fight and kill each other but personally engaged in brutally killing dogs that didnt measure up. THEN you doubled down on your stupid comment with your moronic comments about the holocaust.
    You having a piss poor understanding of the reductio ad absurdem argument does nothing to embarrass me, vance. Stop pretending your ignorance should embarrass me.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #138
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Why does it matter why he did it.
    Because we're discussing the concept of "worse person". He''s a horrible person who ONLY does positive things for personal gain.

    Motive is certainly a factor in determining things. Example: Let's say I kill a man who is about to kill a bunch of children. A simple minded conclusion would be to assume I am a good person because I did this.

    But let's say that I didn't really give a **** about saving the kids, but I actually just wanted to steal the guy's gun. Saving the kids wasn't even in my mind as a reason for doing the action. If that is the case, I'm still a piece of ****. The accidental fact that my actions did good play no role in altering how much of a piece of **** I am.

    Ergo, his reason for the action is of paramount importance.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #139
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Sterling is being judged for his long history. Without his long history, the audio thing never ****ing happens.

    you can ignore his long history of racism and being a piece of **** all you want, but that doesn't change reality.

    "The masses" aren't fed by meat farming. The amount of meat consumed in the US is by far and away luxury level ****, not sustenance level.

    Meat consumption at this level is not only unnecessary, it's pretty much pure entertainment.

    Again, ignoring relaity does not alter it. Just because YOU want to view something hypocritically does not change the fact that it is hypocrisy.

    Where did I insult anyone? I'm calling ignorant/hypocritical/stupid ideas, arguments, and statements what they are. If people don't like the fact that their ideas/positions are ignorant/hypocritical/stupid/etc then what they need to do is change their ideas/positions. I'm certainly not going to stop calling ignorant/hypocritical/stupid positions ignorant/hypocritical/stupid because they are too ****ing sensitive.
    I don't agree with you. If you find the prejudice of an 80+-year-old man more egregious than Michael Vick's conduct in regards to dog fighting, that's your opinion. You are entitled to that opinion...without that opinion being called hypocritical and stupid.

    In your case, regarding your opinion, I would just call it wrong-headed.

  10. #140
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sterling vs Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I guess in your fantasy world bullying a little girl and telling an adult woman in a private conversation something is the same.
    Where did you get that utterly retarded idea from?

    I'm demonstrating that you are totally full of **** when you claim that "Words do not damage anything".

    As your own response proves, that claim you made was ****ing retarded. Even you cannot support it, and you ****ing made it.

    I never said anything about bullying...
    Actually you did. You said words can't damage anything.

    Since that blanket statement INCLUDES words when used to bully, you most certainly did say something about bullying, you simple failed tyo comprehend what you yourself said. That's your ****ing fault for not thinking before talking.

    I was talking about a comment made by somebody and other people deciding to take offense to it when they had no place to react to it.
    Then you did a very ****ing pathetic job, since you said nothing even remotely close to that, but instead said some stupid ass bull**** which included the idea that verbal bullying doesn't damage anything.

    At least have the balls to admit you said something stupid that you can't even support. Don't pussy out and pretend you said some totally different **** which you never said.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •