View Poll Results: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 40.43%
  • No

    56 59.57%
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 555

Thread: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    If one does not want to be a commodity then rise above. Get a skill people are willing to pay for. Marx was an idiot. Fortunately he is a dead idiot. Unfortunately society's losers continue to see something there that really is not there.
    Even if one has a skill people are willing to pay for, he is still no better than a commodity, who is valued not so much as a person, but more for the surplus value that can be extracted for his labor. The evidence for this can be seen in the outsourcing of software jobs to places like India.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Does it involve wearing one of those jaunty black berets by any chance?
    ??????????????????????????????

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Even if one has a skill people are willing to pay for, he is still no better than a commodity, who is valued not so much as a person, but more for the surplus value that can be extracted for his labor. The evidence for this can be seen in the outsourcing of software jobs to places like India.
    Society's losers turn to Marx. It is easier than accepting responsibility for themselves.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Society's losers turn to Marx. It is easier than accepting responsibility for themselves.
    That is the position of a weak mind. The truth is the truth, no matter what the source.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    He was right about some things, wrong about others. His critique of capitalism, for the most part is sound.
    No it wasn't. Have you read it? I have. It is a difficult read for one who is not a failure looking for an excuse.

  6. #386
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That is the position of a weak mind. The truth is the truth, no matter what the source.
    Your argument (or should I say Marx worship) has devolved to "the truth"? That's sad.

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That is the position of a weak mind. The truth is the truth, no matter what the source.
    The truth is the truth. Just don't expect to read it in an article or a book by Karl Marx.
    Society's losers turn to those who push Marx as an apologist for their failures.

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No it wasn't. Have you read it? I have. It is a difficult read for one who is not a failure looking for an excuse.
    I have spent some time reading Marx's works. I am not an expert on Marx by any stretch. They are somewhat difficult, and I certainly don't agree with everything that I have read. Some of it is way off mark. However, his critique of capitalism is basically sound.

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I have spent some time reading Marx's works. I am not an expert on Marx by any stretch. They are somewhat difficult, and I certainly don't agree with everything that I have read. Some of it is way off mark. However, his critique of capitalism is basically sound.
    LOL. No it isn't. His critique of Capital was Marxist.

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    LOL. No it isn't.
    I call BS. You are wrong.

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •