View Poll Results: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 40.43%
  • No

    56 59.57%
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 555

Thread: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no you have noT ...what power in article 1 section 8 gives government authority in people life's.

    What people have been convicted of a constitutional violation.................stop deflecting and answer the questions
    You keep wanting to refer to article 1 section 8, but at the same time YOU admit that the 16th amendment gave Congress the power to enact laws that take people's property in the form of income.

    Since you want me to answer questions, you answer this one. Where in the 13th amendment is there a restriction to government? It's not there. It's an absolute statement that slavery shall not exist in the United States.

  2. #232
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildsteel View Post
    you keep wanting to refer to article 1 section 8, but at the same time you admit that the 16th amendment gave congress the power to enact laws that take people's property in the form of income.

    Since you want me to answer questions, you answer this one. Where in the 13th amendment is there a restriction to government? It's not there. It's an absolute statement that slavery shall not exist in the united states.

    you have asked me several questions...its your turn ..you answer mine now.


    Where is a power in article 1 section 8 to have authority over the people.

    What citizen has been convicted of a constitutional violation........answer and don't give me the haymarket maneuver.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-19-14 at 07:19 PM.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you have ask me several questions...its your turn ..you answer mine now.

    Where is a power in article 1 section 8 to have authority over the people.

    What citizen has been convicted of a constitutional violation........answer and don't give me the haymarket maneuver.
    I'm not giving you a haymarket maneuver. I answered your question. Here's the relevant passages from Article 1, section 8

    The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
    ...............
    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
    So the power of Congress to lay and collect taxes and to make laws to execute those powers were established. In particular, the 16th amendment states

    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.
    That's what you don't want to talk about because the 16th amendment SPECIFICALLY states that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes on income, WHICH ARE PROPERTY.

    MOREOVER, WHERE IN THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT IS THE RESTRICTION FOR GOVERNMENT ONLY AS YOU HAVE STATED?

  4. #234
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I'm not giving you a haymarket maneuver. I answered your question. Here's the relevant passages from Article 1, section 8



    So the power of Congress to lay and collect taxes and to make laws to execute those powers were established. In particular, the 16th amendment states



    That's what you don't want to talk about because the 16th amendment SPECIFICALLY states that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes on income, WHICH ARE PROPERTY.

    MOREOVER, WHERE IN THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT IS THE RESTRICTION FOR GOVERNMENT ONLY AS YOU HAVE STATED?
    you answer again nothing, and are trying to deflect by posting information ,not on the subject i am asking.

    why?.....because you have no case, and you know you don't...i can bet you went out on the net and searched for constitutional violations by people and you could find....none!

    you are a disappointment, because you refuse to answer and state your case, on the subject at hand.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you answer again nothing, and are trying to deflect by posting information ,not on the subject i am asking.

    why?.....because you have no case, and you know you don't...i can bet you went out on the net and searched for constitutional violations by people and you could find....none!

    you are a disappointment, because you refuse to answer and state your case, on the subject at hand.
    I posted article 1 section 8 that clearly states that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes. Then I posted the 16th amendment that says that Congress has the power to tax income. It's there. It's right in the Constitution, contrary to your claim that the Constitution of the United States does not give Congress the power over people's property. Income is property and the Constitution gives Congress the power to extract from income as it sees fit.

    YOU STILL HAVE NOT SHOWN WHERE THE RESTRICTION TO GOVERNMENT IS IN THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT

  6. #236
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I posted article 1 section 8 that clearly states that Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes. Then I posted the 16th amendment that says that Congress has the power to tax income. It's there. It's right in the Constitution, contrary to your claim that the Constitution of the United States does not give Congress the power over people's property. Income is property and the Constitution gives Congress the power to extract from income as it sees fit.

    YOU STILL HAVE NOT SHOWN WHERE THE RESTRICTION TO GOVERNMENT IS IN THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT
    you still will not answered my question, and are attempting to turn things around, and ask me a question,...after i have answered many of your questions...you answer mine...first...and we will go from there.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you still will not answered my question, and are attempting to turn things around, and ask me a question,...after i have answered many of your questions...you answer mine...first...and we will go from there.
    I'm not attempting to turn things around. I have demonstrated that you are wrong. You have said that the Constitution does not give Congress power over people's property, but that is false. The Constitution specifically gives Congress the power to tax income. It's there, it's right in the Constitution. You can't avoid it. It's clear as day.

    Moreover you have said the 13th amendment only applies to governments, not individuals. BUT THAT IS BLATANTLY FALSE. The 13th amendment is an absolute declaration that slavery is not to exist in the United States and that applies to individuals as well as governments.

  8. #238
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I'm not attempting to turn things around. I have demonstrated that you are wrong. You have said that the Constitution does not give Congress power over people's property, but that is false. The Constitution specifically gives Congress the power to tax income. It's there, it's right in the Constitution. You can't avoid it. It's clear as day.

    Moreover you have said the 13th amendment only applies to governments, not individuals. BUT THAT IS BLATANTLY FALSE. The 13th amendment is an absolute declaration that slavery is not to exist in the United States and that applies to individuals as well as governments.
    you have nothing and they still refuse to answer.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you have nothing and they still refuse to answer.
    I have answered your question. I have discussed article 1 section 8 and the sixteenth amendment. And you are wrong. The constitution does give Congress power over people's property.

    Moreover, you have made a false statement. You have said the 13th amendment only applies to governments and that is false. And you don't want to talk about that at all.

  10. #240
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Was Karl Marx Right About Capitalism?

    AMENDMENT XIII

    Passed by Congress January 31, 1865. Ratified December 6, 1865.

    Note: A portion of Article IV, section 2, of the Constitution was superseded by the 13th amendment.

    Section 1.
    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Section 2.
    Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

    appropriate legislation= creating a federal criminal law.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •