View Poll Results: How should the Federal Reserve be Handled

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be the sole bank of the United States

    1 12.50%
  • It should exist and coincide along with free market banks

    2 25.00%
  • Free Market banks should be the sole entity. Abolish the Federal Reserve!!!

    4 50.00%
  • Other....

    1 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: The Benefits of National Banking

  1. #1
    User Csareo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-30-14 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    72

    The Benefits of National Banking

    If I could have one wish before I die, it would be the abolition of free market banking. Don't get me wrong, I love capitalism and socialism alike, but the perks here are substantial. With a sole National Bank, we can cut the debt ceiling in half, cut taxes, start up new programs, circulate inner growth to an all time high, and wall street wouldn't be pissing on you anymore. I see but two arguments in its way....

    "Oh golly, if the federal reserve was our sole bank, than they would freely set interest rates and the stock market would collapse"

    Two Problems....

    1. This would only be true if the government was trying to destroy the economy.

    2. The opportunity-cost/trade off, far outweigh that of the stock market investment stream.

    Two Solutions...

    1. Basic constitutional clauses restrict overtly high inflation rates, or overtly low ones.

    2. If the stock market issue was truly a burden, I suppose some sort of investment commitee, board, or even elected body could be formed -_-

    Anyways, I want the populous opinion, so lay it on me.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    You have 23 posts so far. Does that mean 23 new threads?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #3
    User Csareo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-30-14 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    72

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You have 23 posts so far. Does that mean 23 new threads?
    My strategy is to piss off as many conservative/libertarians as possible. The solution is providing as many logical threads as possible. Good Day

  4. #4
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by Csareo View Post
    My strategy is to piss off as many conservative/libertarians as possible. The solution is providing as many logical threads as possible. Good Day
    Strategy for what. I can't even follow your idea on this one. Cut the debt in half how? How would you constitutionally restrict inflation? Etc.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  5. #5
    User Csareo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-30-14 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    72

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Strategy for what. I can't even follow your idea on this one. Cut the debt in half how? How would you constitutionally restrict inflation? Etc.
    It takes people off beat when you make 12 forums denouncing conservative idealism. How about you answer my questions on the other forum, while I answer yours here....

    [1] The debt is maintained at a flat rate as a part of the budget. For example, if we added two trillion dollars into the economy through a national bank, you wouldn't need to keep maintaining a high debt, allowing us to decrease the ceiling overtime. A slow process, but one that can get us to 50% debt. I.E Something Rand Paul claims he can do by abolishing taxes -_-

    [2] You can limit the power of setting inflation rates by law. Like everything else in the US. Pretty irrelevant anyways, as that would be of the assumption that the US economy was out to hurt you.

  6. #6
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by Csareo View Post
    It takes people off beat when you make 12 forums denouncing conservative idealism. How about you answer my questions on the other forum, while I answer yours here....

    [1] The debt is maintained at a flat rate as a part of the budget. For example, if we added two trillion dollars into the economy through a national bank, you wouldn't need to keep maintaining a high debt, allowing us to decrease the ceiling overtime. A slow process, but one that can get us to 50% debt. I.E Something Rand Paul claims he can do by abolishing taxes -_-

    [2] You can limit the power of setting inflation rates by law. Like everything else in the US. Pretty irrelevant anyways, as that would be of the assumption that the US economy was out to hurt you.
    You really think that inflation rates are set? Other than wage and price controls, inflation rates are based on what happened with prices, not determined beforehand. Supply and demand, a much more concrete theory than your home brew.

    So your strategy is to attack conservative idealism. Sounds like a tactic without an objective.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  7. #7
    User Csareo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-30-14 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    72

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    You really think that inflation rates are set? Other than wage and price controls, inflation rates are based on what happened with prices, not determined beforehand. Supply and demand, a much more concrete theory than your home brew.

    So your strategy is to attack conservative idealism. Sounds like a tactic without an objective.
    You can't predefine a set rate, but flexible rates. Like 1-8%. Ensuring that no matter how much inflation, the citizens can't be abused. Is that satisfactory?

  8. #8
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by Csareo View Post
    You can't predefine a set rate, but flexible rates. Like 1-8%. Ensuring that no matter how much inflation, the citizens can't be abused. Is that satisfactory?
    Let's see how abused the citizens will be when inflation hits 15% when your government set rate is only 8%, these are assurances you can't explain either how they happen or how they would work. Magic is a poor even omit policy. Or would you prefer the term voodoo?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  9. #9
    User Csareo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-30-14 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    72

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by Csareo View Post
    You can't predefine a set rate, but flexible rates. Like 1-8%. Ensuring that no matter how much inflation, the citizens can't be abused. Is that satisfactory?
    Solution: You change the law!!!! *clap* *clap*

    Inflation rates can be changed as easily as federal budgets can.Laws expire and need to be renewed, usually with changes. Stop dropping points, as this is the only one you have defended.

  10. #10
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: The Benefits of National Banking

    Quote Originally Posted by Csareo View Post
    Solution: You change the law!!!! *clap* *clap*

    Inflation rates can be changed as easily as federal budgets can.Laws expire and need to be renewed, usually with changes. Stop dropping points, as this is the only one you have defended.
    Not sure if you are arguing with yourself but perhaps the definition of inflation would be helpful for you:
    2.
    ECONOMICS
    a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.
    "policies aimed at controlling inflation"

    Unless you plan on repealing the law of economics, your plan obviously fails.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •