View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    1.)I understand what you are saying, but let's talk real world.
    2.) What recourses does a white male have under 40.
    3.) How many lawsuits do you see?
    4.) Like I said legal yes moral no.
    5.) Oh and let's not even get started on "at Will employment."
    6.) Sorry I may have read more into your question
    1.) real world is all i ever talk because fantasies are easily defeated by facts
    2.) same as us all. If rights were violated or laws were broken. When im not busy and bored I could go look for a case i looked up before where a WHITE guy sued because there was proof he was passed over for a promotion based on race and it was given to a BLACK FEMALE. since there was proof HE WON because he has the same rights as us all, also the best part is the judge was also a black female.
    3.) there are many out there all one has to do is look be honest and not biased, also mathematics and REAL WORLD reality would also suggest that naturally there are less casess of this because it happens less by default/mathematics.
    4.) no its factually ILLEGAL to discriminate against a white male 40 year old
    as far as morals thats subjective and meaningless to the discussion
    5.) this also has nothgin to do with the OP
    6.) possible I know ive made my share of mistakes on this site but theres only one factually correct answer and the question was very specific and very clear.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct

    I have no idea how 10 definition so f a word can be posted and then people just invent thier own.
    I have no idea how 10 definitions of a word can be posted and then people just invent thier own.

    Power/impact is no included in the definitions there for its meanignless to those words.
    Power/impact is not included in the definitions therefore its meanignless to those words.
    jeez Im such a horrible typer lol
    I gotta slow down and pay better attention
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    jeez Im such a horrible typer lol
    I gotta slow down and pay better attention
    I just figured you use auto-correct.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #74
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I just figured you use auto-correct.
    well sometimes that is the case but the vast majority of the time im typing on a keyboard.

    BUT im a geek so i have multiple screens , most times im doing other things with many windows open, Im muilti-tasking (not very well obviously) and im also in a rush lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #75
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Absolutely and without question, you would be racist. Anyone who pays attention to skin color is, by definition, racist.
    I wasn't speaking in the first person.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  6. #76
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Absolutely and without question, you would be racist. Anyone who pays attention to skin color is, by definition, racist.
    Would you think preferential consumerism based on other factors but not race is also bigoted? For example, if one knows a certain product is manufactured in their own state and buys it because of that, is the buyer bigoted toward out of state residents? If a product is union made, if the buyer a non-union bigot? Is race preferred consumerism exclusively immoral while its moral to discriminate against decent people who produce quality products simply because they cannot claim "made in America" for example?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #77
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) real world is all i ever talk because fantasies are easily defeated by facts
    2.) same as us all. If rights were violated or laws were broken. When im not busy and bored I could go look for a case i looked up before where a WHITE guy sued because there was proof he was passed over for a promotion based on race and it was given to a BLACK FEMALE. since there was proof HE WON because he has the same rights as us all, also the best part is the judge was also a black female.
    3.) there are many out there all one has to do is look be honest and not biased, also mathematics and REAL WORLD reality would also suggest that naturally there are less casess of this because it happens less by default/mathematics.
    4.) no its factually ILLEGAL to discriminate against a white male 40 year old
    as far as morals thats subjective and meaningless to the discussion
    5.) this also has nothgin to do with the OP
    6.) possible I know ive made my share of mistakes on this site but theres only one factually correct answer and the question was very specific and very clear.
    Let me try this again. Yes your a racist in your example. But proving discrimination is not the same thing, no openly discriminating employer is going to say that an employee or applicant is being turned away because of race, unless they are just incredibly stupid.

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    1.)Let me try this again. Yes your a racist in your example.
    2.) But proving discrimination is not the same thing, no openly discriminating employer is going to say that an employee or applicant is being turned away because of race, unless they are just incredibly stupid.
    1.) correct
    2.) agreed and history and current times prove many are incredibly stupid . . . . .I dont know if that good or bad? I think its both
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I wasn't speaking in the first person.
    No, but the OP was. I quote: "Am I a racist, is this racism?"
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #80
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Would you think preferential consumerism based on other factors but not race is also bigoted? For example, if one knows a certain product is manufactured in their own state and buys it because of that, is the buyer bigoted toward out of state residents? If a product is union made, if the buyer a non-union bigot? Is race preferred consumerism exclusively immoral while its moral to discriminate against decent people who produce quality products simply because they cannot claim "made in America" for example?
    There's no law against buying things in your own state. There most certainly is with regard to running your business in a racist manner. I don't care about morality, I care about legality. Anyone who considers race paramount is a racist, no matter what their skin color is or the skin color of their "victim". Blacks can be just as racist as whites, Asians can be just as racist as Hispanics, men can be just as sexist as women and vice versa, etc. Nobody gets special rules.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •