View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #331
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    BS. I differentiate between racism and bigotry. I do not condone anything.

    But equating racism with bigotry (as you do), that DOES empower and condone racism.
    There is a difference between bigotry and racism. But it is not what you are trying to say it is. Racism is one person or race hating someone or a race of someones from another race because of their race/skin color. Bigotry has nothing to do with skin color. It is just simply about hating something. There are many valid reasons to be biggoted against something. For instance I am bigotted when it comes to sunlight because I am allergic to it (true fact). There is no valid reason to be a racist. Using the phrase "racist bigotry" is just an attempt to use the valid reasons for being a bigot and applying it to racism. People are doing this by saying that racism by minorities have no effect because they do not, cannot, create laws which enforce their racism. Therefore it is OK for them to be racist bigots as they have a valid reason to be which means they're not really racist...they're just reacting. That is what such arguements amount to. That is condoning racism by minorities.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #332
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Not an acronym, then end of the word. It denotes a culture developed by society. Not an individual act.

    One cannot do racism alone. It's a culture one can take part in.
    If this were true then why did you say this....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Yeah, dude, you couldn't come up with a good reason for your dumbass position, but I'm supposed to? Sure. Other than racism and ignorance (you claiming the latter), how about you give us a reason to support Bundy?
    ?? You are applying the word "racism" to an individual (me in this instance). You might want to back away from this line of arguement.....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #333
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If this were true then why did you say this....

    ?? You are applying the word "racism" to an individual (me in this instance). You might want to back away from this line of arguement.....
    I've been ignoring this for a while, but I noticed this in the right column and I really must point out how stupid that claim is.

    An individual, by themselves, cannot 'do racism'. Racism requires the act of an entity (individual or otherwise) supported by systemic unjust discrimination.

    Seriously, one needn't be smart to understand that.

  4. #334
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Whatever.

    Black people can spew all the racial bigotry they want and it will never matter to me one bit. It will never affect my ability to get housing, schooling, employment or a fair shake in court. I can SAFELY ignore black racial bigotry, and it will never ever affect my life in any way. It's totally meaningless to me personally. I can laugh at them knowing I'm untouchable.

    A black person, though, is affected by white racial bigotry (racism) every single day of their life.
    See, you condone racism by black people while hollering about racism by whites. You condone by accepting one and hollering about the other.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #335
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    See, you condone racism by black people while hollering about racism by whites. You condone by accepting one and hollering about the other.
    No one is condoning anything. Except, of course, racists and the ignorant equating BS with oppression... they are condoning racism by equating it to meaningless crap.


    Good day.

  6. #336
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Y'know the definition of racism in the eyes of conservatives? If it's an racist act, that's not racism, but it's somebody performing a constitutionally-protected act - but if it's liberals pointing out racism, well, it's obviously the liberals who are being racist!
    This makes no sense.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #337
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There are pics of me in the Tavern with another member. At my profile, there are pics of me (same person!) in Africa. I'd give you my name, but I only do that with those that seem particularly stable and not obsessive about others.
    So? You have a point with this?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #338
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This makes no sense.
    It happens here all the time. Racists have two favorite tactics:

    1. Equating racism with meaningless crap.
    2. Calling everyone else a racist for ridiculous reasons.

  9. #339
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I've been ignoring this for a while, but I noticed this in the right column and I really must point out how stupid that claim is.

    An individual, by themselves, cannot 'do racism'. Racism requires the act of an entity (individual or otherwise) supported by systemic unjust discrimination.

    Seriously, one needn't be smart to understand that.
    This is whats called being hypocritical. When you say one thing and then a few days later you say something different, and then when its pointed out that you said that thing you back away from it just to support your current arguement.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No one is condoning anything. Except, of course, racists and the ignorant equating BS with oppression... they are condoning racism by equating it to meaningless crap.


    Good day.
    Sorry but I'm not the one that is excusing racism by minorities because of...and I quote your words...."unjust discrimination".

    And you cannot condone racism by equating it to meaningless crap. Even if you consider it "meaningless crap" and I don't I am still condeming it. Can't condone something that you are condemning. Nice try though.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •