View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #321
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Whatever.

    Black people can spew all the racial bigotry they want and it will never matter to me one bit. It will never affect my ability to get housing, schooling, employment or a fair shake in court. I can SAFELY ignore black racial bigotry, and it will never ever affect my life in any way. It's totally meaningless to me personally. I can laugh at them knowing I'm untouchable.

    A black person, though, is affected by white racial bigotry (racism) every single day of their life.
    Please post ONE fact that supports the lie that black people in america cant be racist.
    Continuing to support racism like your posts do wont change anything.


    ONE fact is all we need, we'd love to read it.

    Until you can each post you make pushing that lie will continue to fail and get proven fatally wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #322
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,461

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    As a hypothetical, let us say that at some point now or in the future, society is partially or fully accepting of racism directed against white persons, due to racism perpetuated by white persons in the past (slavery, jim crow, etc).

    Would that be racism? Because society accepts/supports the racism of the individuals?
    Y'know the definition of racism in the eyes of conservatives? If it's an racist act, that's not racism, but it's somebody performing a constitutionally-protected act - but if it's liberals pointing out racism, well, it's obviously the liberals who are being racist!
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #323
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Whatever.

    Black people can spew all the racial bigotry they want and it will never matter to me one bit. It will never affect my ability to get housing, schooling, employment or a fair shake in court. I can SAFELY ignore black racial bigotry, and it will never ever affect my life in any way. It's totally meaningless to me personally. I can laugh at them knowing I'm untouchable.

    A black person, though, is affected by white racial bigotry (racism) every single day of their life.
    So you can ignore racism. That proves nothing.

    A black person cannot? That is debatable but they can be impacted by individual racism as well as anything imposed by the state.

    Your 'highly educated' limits are showing......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #324
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you can ignore racism. That proves nothing.

    A black person cannot? That is debatable but they can be impacted by individual racism as well as anything imposed by the state.
    Right, a black person cannot escape unjust discrimination; they must live with it every day of their life, in every aspect of life. I, however, am never and will never be affected by unjust discrimination in any meaningful way.

    "Individual racism" is an individual act of racism (racial bigotry which is supported by the majority power and the system). "Individual racism" =/= bigotry.

    Your 'highly educated' limits are showing......
    How many ad homs? Your insults are boring.

    I've have my education. MSc, PhD(c). I've traveled the world, lived in Europe and Africa. I've given members my real name and I've met members. Pics (of myself and the village I spent two years in, alone) are available at my profile in the album.



    Now, back to the subject. Can you understand that black racial bigotry means nothing to me personally? It will never affect me. Complaining about it, on a personal level, is totally BS. Is bigotry a bad thing in general? Of course. But black racial bigotry has no impact on my life and it never will.

    Can you understand that it's different for blacks? They can't ignore it, because it does have meaning. It does affect them; their whole life.


    So, if you can grasp that difference, then you will understand the social aspects of racism as compared to racial bigotry.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-20-14 at 02:02 AM.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post


    I've have my education. MSc, PhD(c). I've traveled the world, lived in Europe and Africa. I've given members my real name and I've met members. Pics (of myself and the village I spent two years in, alone) are available at my profile in the album.


    .
    *yawn* Facts not in evidence, so stop bothering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Right, a black person cannot escape unjust discrimination; they must live with it every day of their life, in every aspect of life. I, however, am never and will never be affected by unjust discrimination in any meaningful way.

    "Individual racism" is an individual act of racism (racial bigotry which is supported by the majority power and the system). "Individual racism" =/= bigotry.

    to me personally? It will never affect me. Complaining about it, on a personal level, is totally BS. Is bigotry a bad thing in general? Of course. But black racial bigotry has no impact on my life and it never will.

    Can you understand that it's different for blacks? They can't ignore it, because it does have meaning. It does affect them; their whole life.


    So, if you can grasp that difference, then you will understand the social aspects of racism as compared to racial bigotry.

    Since you are rambling uncontrollably and repeating yourself (to no better effect):

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you can ignore racism. That proves nothing.

    A black person cannot? That is debatable but they can be impacted by individual racism as well as anything imposed by the state.

    Your 'highly educated' limits are showing......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #327
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    *yawn* Facts not in evidence, so stop bothering.
    There are pics of me in the Tavern with another member. At my profile, there are pics of me (same person!) in Africa. I'd give you my name, but I only do that with those that seem particularly stable and not obsessive about others.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-20-14 at 02:27 AM.

  8. #328
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Since you are rambling uncontrollably and repeating yourself (to no better effect):
    I didn't think it was within your grasp. You find meaningless BS to be the same as a lifetime of oppression. That's so racist.

  9. #329
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Please post ONE fact that supports the lie that black people in america cant be racist.
    Continuing to support racism like your posts do wont change anything.


    ONE fact is all we need, we'd love to read it.

    Until you can each post you make pushing that lie will continue to fail and get proven fatally wrong.
    I'm surprised eco has got to keep pounding away at this. It's obvious that 'yes' blacks can be literally be racist by a dictionaries definition of the word, but the social impact and intent will never equal what it means to them.

    Blacks can call me whitey, cracker, hillbilly, redneck trash and it will never have the emtoional impact on me that it does on them being called the "N" word. Mostly, because they're subtley discriminated against a majority of their lives by the financially dominate, Eurasian global-centric economy. It's sad but a true reality. There are more and more successful blacks in high positions of business and gov than ever before, but still not as high a percentage per population. And obviously nobody is going to give them the highlife for nothing.

    It's similar for latinos who've permeated the West, as very Mexican in culture. I don't think it benefits blacks-latinos to have a innate hate towards all white people or to blame their own personal failures for not getting ahead, but many start from a difficult set of circumstances. They end up perpetuating a cycle of bad habits, coming from poverty, lack of education, job opportunity, drugs, crime, gang culture and reliance on gov subsidies that carry on from generation to generation acquiring a negative stereotype as a majority.

    So you can say "Awww... blacks can be just a racists as whites" and it's true, maybe even more so outwardly, but that will not change the reality of it carrying no significant impact financially/socially towards whites, because they're still controlling most of the opportunities. It took Europeans and American immigrants from Europe hundreds of years to become finanically dominate, and they're not going to give up a slice of their pie to any culture or race they deem as inferior and unworthy. Hell, they cut each others throats for success.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    BS. No one is excusing anything.
    Yes, it is. It treats racism by minorities as less than racism caused by the majority. As such its an excuse. Racism is not a grey area. There is no lesser or greater racism. There is just racism period.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •