View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #311
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nice edit LMAO
    Did I edit it?

    If forget...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #312
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Why does the definition describe an individual action, then?

    Definition 1 and 3 seem to include individual actions.
    The individual action (bigotry) does not constitute racism (a social construct) without 2.

    I know racists hate whole definitions. They want to equate a black talking crap with systemic oppression every single day of ones life.

    Because they want to support racism.

    Thinking even the whole definition is the beginning and the end of the concept is stupid anyway. Anyone that thinks the dictionary is the end all be all of understanding is a moron.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-20-14 at 12:48 AM.

  3. #313
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Did I edit it?

    If forget...
    me too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #314
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    1.)The individual action (bigotry) does not constitute racism (a social construct) without 2.

    I know racists hate whole definitions. They want to equate a black talking crap with systemic oppression every single day of ones life.

    Because they want to support racism.

    Thinking even the whole definition is the beginning and the end of the concept is stupid anyway. Anyone that thinks the dictionary is the end all be all of understanding is a moron.
    100% false proven by more than 10- dictionaries while you have what on your side again? nothing

    keep protecting racist and racism the rest of us wont fall for the lies.

    Views like yours is what help keeps racism around even longer.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #315
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The individual action (bigotry) does not constitute racism (a social construct) without 2.

    I know racists hate whole definitions. They want to equate a black talking crap with systemic oppression every single day of ones life.

    Because they want to support racism.
    What the hell are you talking about? Dictionary definitions are separated into parts because the word being defined only needs meet one definition to be used in a given situation.

    That's how dictionary definitions WORK.

    So what is this bull**** about "whole definitions".

    And I couldn't be persuaded to give a single **** about what a racist thinks - they're being racist and thus their opinions on what constitutes racism do not count.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #316
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Dictionary definitions are separated into parts because the word being defined only needs meet one definition to be used in a given situation.

    That's how dictionary definitions WORK.

    So what is this bull**** about "whole definitions".

    And I couldn't be persuaded to give a single **** about what a racist thinks - they're being racist and thus their opinions on what constitutes racism do not count.
    Look, dude, if you want to equate oppression every single day of ones life with a black person spewing crap that will NEVER mean anything to me AT ALL... go ahead.

    I'm tired to trying to explain sociological concepts to people with an education that consists only of a partial dictionary definition.

    Keep equating a lifetime of real oppression with meaningless BS.

  7. #317
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Dictionary definitions are separated into parts because the word being defined only needs meet one definition to be used in a given situation.

    That's how dictionary definitions WORK.

    So what is this bull**** about "whole definitions".

    And I couldn't be persuaded to give a single **** about what a racist thinks - they're being racist and thus their opinions on what constitutes racism do not count.
    you're mistake is thinking logically, honestly and using facts. DOnt do that, then youll understand.

    my favorite part is the doubling down on the mentally retarded "theory" and saying "isms" cant be individual LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #318
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    1.)Look, dude, if you want to equate oppression every single day of ones life with a black person spewing crap that will NEVER mean anything to me AT ALL... go ahead.
    2.)I'm tired to trying to explain sociological concepts to people with an education that consists only of a partial dictionary definition.
    3.)Keep equating real lifetime oppression with meaningless BS.
    1.) NOBODY did this LMAO another failed strawman and posted lie
    2.) yep and you based it on OPINION and zero facts
    3.) we'll stick with facts while you continue to condone racism.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #319
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Yeah, I just have grad degrees including sociology, but I don't understand basic English.

    Stay ignorant, I don't care. I will not be bothering with you.
    You can say anything on the Internet, but only your posts can (maybe) prove it. Yours do not.

    OTOH, you may be an example of accumulated knowledge but no understanding. It happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #320
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You can say anything on the Internet, but only your posts can (maybe) prove it. Yours do not.

    OTOH, you may be an example of accumulated knowledge but no understanding. It happens.
    Whatever.

    Black people can spew all the racial bigotry they want and it will never matter to me one bit. It will never affect my ability to get housing, schooling, employment or a fair shake in court. I can SAFELY ignore black racial bigotry, and it will never ever affect my life in any way. It's totally meaningless to me personally. I can laugh at them knowing I'm untouchable.

    A black person, though, is affected by white racial bigotry (racism) every single day of their life.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •