View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #161
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You're one of the very few (only?) people I've ever encountered who holds that position.
    Most people who present it are regurgitating, like Chris Matthews, and thus they cannot defend it. Unlike Chris, I'm a bona fide intellectual. Also, I'm not a misogynist, he is. So of course he messed it up, he's not really prepared to understand, he doesn't understand.

    But I do and you can.

    I've never seen a dictionary or encyclopedia definition of racism that supports your position.
    Most have: 2. system, policy...


    The only possibility I see is that you and those who agree with you want to change the meaning of the term.
    It's not changing the meaning.

    Racism is a social construct, not an individual act. That's a fact and it always will be.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-16-14 at 12:20 AM.

  2. #162
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) very good thank you and this is why his statement is wrong.
    2.) so do i, i agree 100% never racism by different people can have different impact. But it has ZERO impact on the word racism and his statement is factually wrong.
    3.) there's no double standard the words mean the same for everybody, so there cant be a double "standard"

    You've got a point that the word means the same thing regardless of context. Your logic is hard to argue with sometimes. I see people often liking their own race/culture more out of familiarity, not necessarily hating others completely. I believe it's more a cultural problem than anything to do with skin color. For example, I like Italian and Asian food, but don't understand their language or customs.

    Our society is really based on a form of cliquish financial classes and elitism, if you go to the right college, know the right clothes and shoes to wear, car to drive, art to buy, places to vacation and make enough money, you're accepted, regardless of color.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #163
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Most people who present it are regurgitating, like Chris Matthews, and thus they cannot defend it. Unlike Chris, I'm a bona fide intellectual. Also, I'm not a misogynist, he is. So of course he messed it up, he's not really prepared to understand, he doesn't understand.

    But I do and you can.



    Most have: 2. system, policy...




    It's not changing the meaning.

    Racism is a social construct, not an individual act. That's a fact and it always will be.
    Every definition I've ever seen includes a #1, which describes an individual act/belief. You're arguing that one definition is wrong and the other right.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #164
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Every definition I've ever seen includes a #1, which describes an individual act/belief. You're arguing that one definition is wrong and the other right.
    I arguing that 2. and 3. are part of the definition.

  5. #165
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I arguing that 2. and 3. are part of the definition.
    Well of course they are.

    Yet, your words prior to now appear to indicate that you think #1 is NOT part of the definition - or at least that #1 only applies to the majority group(s).
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #166
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1.)You've got a point that the word means the same thing regardless of context.
    2.) Your logic is hard to argue with sometimes.
    3.) I see people often liking their own race/culture more out of familiarity, not necessarily hating others completely.
    4.) I believe it's more a cultural problem than anything to do with skin color. For example, I like Italian and Asian food, but don't understand their language or customs.
    5.) Our society is really based on a form of cliquish financial classes and elitism, if you go to the right college, know the right clothes and shoes to wear, car to drive, art to buy, places to vacation and make enough money, you're accepted, regardless of color.
    1.) correct its definition doesnt change based on opinions or feelings, thats what prefixes and adjectives are for.
    2.) thanks but i cant take credit for it at all. Its just the way the definition of this particular word works. It doesnt allow impact/power to matter.
    3.) and that would not be racism because it doesn't fit the definition. TO be racism one must view the other as a lesser and or practice discrimaintion/prejudice based on race.
    If its really about comfortability then that is different.

    also all racism comes from the same foundation.

    Ignorance

    there are building blocks on top like:
    fear
    insecurity
    jealousy
    its taught
    etc but its foundation is always ignorance.

    4.) I agree 100% because thats also true. besides ignorance its usually taught and both of those are culture problems,

    You take an asian, white and black baby and put them on an island they never become "racist" without outside help. They may not get along but they wont be racist.

    5.) in 2014 Id say this is partially true, you are at least "tolerated" but this most certainly wasn't always the case. Many people still feel that <insert famous or rich black(or anything else) person here> is still just a famous or rich nigger and thats sad.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #167
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    #1 only applies to the majority group(s).
    Correct.

  8. #168
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I arguing that 2. and 3. are part of the definition.
    correct they are PART but never do they NEGATE the other lol

    when you read the definition of BLUE does that mean its a feeling or a color? I mean feeling is PART of that definition so by your logic that means blue is ONLY a color lol

    Facts win again.

    what about the article about an NBA player murdering the whole other team.

    did he score a lot or did he physically kill them. Oh **** i used the word kill. does that mean beat them badly in a game or ended thier life?

    This is why your statments are factually wrong and your logic completely fails.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-16-14 at 12:53 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #169
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Correct.
    which is factually false and facts prove that.

    if you have any to the contrary provide them now

    heck we'll take ONE, do you have ONE fact that supports you? . . . . .one lol
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-16-14 at 12:52 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #170
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) correct its definition doesnt change based on opinions or feelings, thats what prefixes and adjectives are for.
    2.) thanks but i cant take credit for it at all. Its just the way the definition of this particular word works. It doesnt allow impact/power to matter.
    3.) and that would not be racism because it doesn't fit the definition. TO be racism one must view the other as a lesser and or practice discrimaintion/prejudice based on race.
    If its really about comfortability then that is different.

    also all racism comes from the same foundation.

    Ignorance

    there are building blocks on top like:
    fear
    insecurity
    jealousy
    its taught
    etc but its foundation is always ignorance.

    4.) I agree 100% because thats also true. besides ignorance its usually taught and both of those are culture problems,

    You take an asian, white and black baby and put them on an island they never become "racist" without outside help. They may not get along but they wont be racist.

    5.) in 2014 Id say this is partially true, you are at least "tolerated" but this most certainly wasn't always the case. Many people still feel that <insert famous or rich black(or anything else) person here> is still just a famous or rich nigger and thats sad.

    We're not that far apart in our conceptualization of the subject. We both agree that racism is is based on discrimination, ignorance and social conformity.

    What do you think about what Sterling said about Magic Johnson? He seemed to be basing his opinion on misfacts and ignorance?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •