View Poll Results: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 93.06%
  • No

    4 5.56%
  • Other

    1 1.39%
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 351

Thread: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,322

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    1.)Racism is a social construct of specific factors and impacts.
    2.)You pick and choose among those factors (and ignore impacts) to apologize for real racism and make false accusations of racism.
    3.)At the heart of such confusion is a desire to deny real racism and perpetuate a system of oppression.
    1.) 100% factually false
    it has a definition and "impact" has ZERO barring on the definition of the word. More then 10 definitions in this thread prove you factually wrong and posting others wise simply shows the dishonety and ingonrance continue in your posts that is pure entertainment.
    2.) per facts and definitions IMPACT is meaningless, facts win again
    3.) if you say the OP scenario isnt racism you are the one factually denying somethign.
    theres no false racism in this scenario and that fact as already been proven.

    If you disagree the OP is racism/racist by all means please provide the factual evidence making it so.
    If you cant you have two choices, simply admit your statments are wrong and the OP is in fact racism/racist or continue to have your posts on this matter completely laughed at due to thier failure.

    Let us know if you can do so, we'll be waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #102
    Sporadic insanity normal.

    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,670

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is a social construct of specific factors and impacts. You pick and choose among those factors (and ignore impacts) to apologize for real racism and make false accusations of racism. At the heart of such confusion is a desire to deny real racism and perpetuate a system of oppression.
    As a hypothetical, let us say that at some point now or in the future, society is partially or fully accepting of racism directed against white persons, due to racism perpetuated by white persons in the past (slavery, jim crow, etc).

    Would that be racism? Because society accepts/supports the racism of the individuals?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #103
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,927

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    The scenario:

    Where: USA
    When: today 5/12/2014

    I'm a black guy that owns a contracting Company. Its smaller, about 20 employees.

    Lets call it Agent J's Home Improvements and Landscaping.

    I dont hire any white people, I think they arent trust worthy simply because they are white so I deny everyone that applies. For me White = dishonest.


    Am I a racist, is this racism?

    For reference here the definition of racism:

    Racism:
    rac·istnoun or adjective
    1: a belief that
    race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2: racial prejudice or discrimination


    heres links to 9 more
    racism noun - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online
    racism - definition of racism by Macmillan Dictionary
    Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com
    racism: definition of racism in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)
    American Heritage Dictionary Entry: racism
    racism - definition of racism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Collins English Dictionary | Always Free Online
    Heinle's Newbury House Dictionary of American English
    https://www.google.com/search?num=30...w=1600&bih=815





    Yes.

    As is a decision say of my wife's sister to never employ Indians, my wife's sister being Chinese......or my daughter's saying they would never marry a pure Chinese....that is a race based decision, even though I agree with their reasoning......kids
    Americans can always be counted on doing the right thing...after they have tried everything else." Winston Churchill.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,181

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Yes.

    As is a decision say of my wife's sister to never employ Indians, my wife's sister being Chinese......or my daughter's saying they would never marry a pure Chinese....that is a race based decision, even though I agree with their reasoning......kids
    Are Indian and Chinese races?

  5. #105
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,927

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Are Indian and Chinese races?


    ?????

    India?

    China?

    I guess not if you only see races as black and white...
    Americans can always be counted on doing the right thing...after they have tried everything else." Winston Churchill.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,181

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    ?????

    India?

    China?

    I guess not if you only see races as black and white...
    They are nationalities, but there are not races.

    Asian is a race, which they both are.

    If somebody will not hire a Chinese person but will hire a Japanese person, they are not racist against Asians, they just don't like the Chinese.

  7. #107
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,123

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    At its most basic, racism is the belief that a race(s) is/are superior to others.

    Everything else is how (or if) people act on that. Has nothing to do with hate unless the individual chooses to feel that way. People can also, erroneously IMO, choose to do what they think are positive things for a race, thinking it is beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Welfare is a bad thing? It is essentially free money. It is not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I look at abortion the same way I do Pineapple Pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,322

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    1.)Yes.

    As is a decision say of my wife's sister to never employ Indians, my wife's sister being Chinese......or my daughter's saying they would never marry a pure Chinese....that is a race based decision, even though I agree with their reasoning......kids
    1.) agreed

    2.) uhm this one is tricky?
    Indians and chinese are both asians or Mongoloid to be more specific, so thats not racist but prejudice

    clarification please?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  9. #109
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,147

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    As a hypothetical, let us say that at some point now or in the future, society is partially or fully accepting of racism directed against white persons, due to racism perpetuated by white persons in the past (slavery, jim crow, etc).

    Would that be racism? Because society accepts/supports the racism of the individuals?

    Racism is when the majority power (not necessarily a number majority, as in South Africa) institutes or perpetuates systemic unjust discrimination. East Africa is somewhat racist against their Arab populations.

    Asking if the majority power can be racist against itself seems more like a science fiction idea than reasonable sociological discussion (because it's not logical).

  10. #110
    Sporadic insanity normal.

    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,670

    Re: Is this scenario racism, Can minorities be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is when the majority power institutes or perpetuates a system of unjust discrimination. East Africa is somewhat racist against their Arab populations.
    In my scenario that would indeed be the case - only the majority power would be accepting racism against themselves, in this case.

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •