View Poll Results: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The USA is trying to create LNG market to EU.

    1 8.33%
  • The USA wants Ukraine Resources.

    2 16.67%
  • The USA wants Energy hegemony WorldWide.

    1 8.33%
  • The USA wants big Central Banks repaid.

    1 8.33%
  • The USA wants to squeeze EU by Pipeline control.

    3 25.00%
  • The USA wants NATO closer to Russian borders.

    3 25.00%
  • The USA is trying to embroil Russia in a "nation building" trap, like Iraq.

    2 16.67%
  • Other, explain please.

    6 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I realize it's only symbolic but, who really does that? Dick waving? I just never thought of that as a way to get your point across. 8)
    Male pornstars?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    It's not Russia that overthrew Yanukovych, it was USA/Nuland/CIA/NED/NGOs. We put a billionaire banker in charge and the sniper organizer of the Maidan shooters from the floors of the Ukraniya Hotel has been appointed Defense Minister. His troops, Pravy Sektor, are responsible for the Odessa/Mariupol massacres. We are backing these murderous scumbags. These were unarmed civilians that were murdered. Now, I hear they are using artillery on Slaviansk. More civilians.
    The (senseless) killing of civilians is deplorable, absolutely, but I'm going to push back against the notion that when Yanukovych was deposed that it was a coup led by the United States. I would need to see some evidence before I accepted that as reality.

    And yes, I'm aware of previous coups orchestrated by us.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Something to distract everyone from the failures and scandals of the current regime.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #14
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,288

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    I thought we'd hear less from Ron Paul after he "retired" but he seems to be suffering from Jimmy Carter disease.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    I think it's a combination of many of the things you said. But I really feel that the US is looking at the long term here. It realizes that the days of it's dollar hegemony are coming to an end. Currently the US spends more on defense than every other nation on the face of the Earth combined. It simply cannot sustain such large defense expenditures indefinitely. It has been able to do so because of the dollar's reserve currency status, which has enabled the Federal Reserve to print as much money as the US needs to fund such large expenditures. However, as this dollar hegemony winds down, so will US power. And what the US is seeking to do is to shape the world order that will emerge in the aftermath of the decline in US power such that resulting multi polar world will be easier for it to manage. Part of that strategy entails keeping Russia contained in a very limited sphere of influence in which it can exercise little or no control over Europe or the Middle East. By controlling Ukraine, the US can control Russian access to European energy markets. Not only that but it opens the possibility of putting NATO military capability right on Russia's borders.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,221

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I realize it's only symbolic but, who really does that? Dick waving? I just never thought of that as a way to get your point across. 8)
    We do. All the time. We take actions because we want to appear more powerful than everyone else. It's not about policy, it's about appearances and we're absurdly guilty of it. We oppose Putin because we want to show that we're still the guys that won the Cold War.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #17
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    The (senseless) killing of civilians is deplorable, absolutely, but I'm going to push back against the notion that when Yanukovych was deposed that it was a coup led by the United States. I would need to see some evidence before I accepted that as reality.

    And yes, I'm aware of previous coups orchestrated by us.
    Don't you know? The CIA is behind everything.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Don't you know? The CIA is behind everything.
    Right - depending on who you're communicating with they helped fake the moon landing, killed Kennedy, introduced AIDS & crack into black communities, orchestrated 9/11, created al Qaeda & Osama bin Laden (Tim Osman), control the worldwide drug trade…

  9. #19
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,432

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    The (senseless) killing of civilians is deplorable, absolutely, but I'm going to push back against the notion that when Yanukovych was deposed that it was a coup led by the United States. I would need to see some evidence before I accepted that as reality.

    And yes, I'm aware of previous coups orchestrated by us.
    It is necessary to repeat something that has been referred to a hundred times on these boards. Weeks before the coup, Nuland, the Asst. Secy of State was taped on a phone conversation stating "**** the EU" and Yats (Yatsenyuk) is the man to put in charge (paraphased). That was weeks before the allegedely spontaneous Maidan riots. Lo and behold, Nuland's words become prophetic and we install Yatsenuk as leader. Nuland and Hilary both acknowledged spending $5 billion surreptitiously in Ukraine. The Maidan protestors and Pravy Sektor operated out of the US Embassy in Kiev. Nuland passed out cookies to "protestors/terrorists/separatists" in the Maidan. Out goes the democratically elected scumbag and in comes Yatsenyuk, the billionaire scumbag central banker. Pravy Sektor trained in Poland with US forces before the protests. You get what you pay for and the USA paid $5 billion for something. You can pretend you don't understand, but Pravy Sektor just killed 116 people in Odessa and another 30 or 40 in Mariupol. The Maidan snipers shot from the Ukraniya Hotel under the control of Parubliy (Pravy Sektor) and shot both protestors and Policemen. Great allies, don't you think? Much like the al Qeda scum we are supporting in Syria. Why do you think Ron Paul, an ex-Senator with inside information, wrote the article?

  10. #20
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,423

    Re: What Does The US Government Want in Ukraine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    We do. All the time. We take actions because we want to appear more powerful than everyone else. It's not about policy, it's about appearances and we're absurdly guilty of it. We oppose Putin because we want to show that we're still the guys that won the Cold War.
    I think the Cold War just took a little nap. Russia is awakening.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •