View Poll Results: Should Donald Sterling be forgiven?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, cancel the penalties and his fines.

    9 39.13%
  • No, let him pay!

    14 60.87%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 210

Thread: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

  1. #31
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Anything I forget, eco?
    Racism permeates our society. It affects blacks regarding employment, schooling, housing and the justice system.

    Whites suffer no such injustice. Whites might suffer bigotry now and then, but they do not suffer racism.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism permeates our society. It affects blacks regarding employment, schooling, housing and the justice system.

    Whites suffer no such injustice. Whites might suffer bigotry now and then, but they do not suffer from racism.
    If anything, blacks get the benefits in all of those - except maybe the justice system.

    But I'm sure whites commit just as many crimes, but they buy their way out of trouble like famous white guys such as Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson.

  3. #33
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Frankly I havent followed much of this. The usual tempest in a teacup because oh noes...he said something racist.

    He doesnt owe me an apology. Im sure he owes the Clipper fans and the league in general an apology. As for fine forgiveness...well...hell...I am really sorry I was speeding judge...so...we can just forget that whole ticket thing...right?

    Uhhh...no...

    The question is on what legal ground does the league fine the guy?

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Why just blacks? Other minorities don't count?
    Stupid deflection question. The incident regarding Sterling revolved around black people because his comments were directed at black people which is why black people, not other 'minorities' are the focus. Does that sufficiently handle your deflective intellectual dishonesty?

  5. #35
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If anything, blacks get the benefits in all of those - except maybe the justice system.
    So you think society oppresses white people, except in the justice system?

    Do you understand the many ways in which that position is utter nonsense?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Fine him, let him keep the team.
    Of course good luck finding players that would play for him or sponsors that will invest.

  7. #37
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Haters will always hate. That's their job, I believe. Because these haters hate Sterling, now, they will never accept Sterling's apology.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-12-14 at 02:18 PM.

  8. #38
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Frankly I havent followed much of this. The usual tempest in a teacup because oh noes...he said something racist.

    He doesnt owe me an apology. Im sure he owes the Clipper fans and the league in general an apology. As for fine forgiveness...well...hell...I am really sorry I was speeding judge...so...we can just forget that whole ticket thing...right?

    Uhhh...no...

    The question is on what legal ground does the league fine the guy?
    I look forward to this going to court for that very reason: Can the NBA simply strip a man of his property because he is a racist POS?

    I personally think it's an injustice. Albeit, I can see why the league does not want to piss off Black people. After all, who the hell else watches the NBA?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So you think society oppresses white people, except in the justice system?

    Do you understand the many ways in which that position is utter nonsense?
    I don't really think any major "oppression" is going on. I think you want to appeal to the minorities for some reason I can't understand - guilt is my best guess.

  10. #40
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Fine him, let him keep the team.
    Of course good luck finding players that would play for him or sponsors that will invest.
    My approach would be to not schedule his team in any games next year and allow his players to jump over to other teams. Then let Donald sue me, his vacating players and anyone else he can think of, arguing we wronged him.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •