View Poll Results: Should Donald Sterling be forgiven?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, cancel the penalties and his fines.

    9 39.13%
  • No, let him pay!

    14 60.87%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 210

Thread: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I think so. This should have never happened as his comments were made in private anyway. If he had gone out and said something outside a place with the reasonable expectation of privacy, then I could understand these consequences.
    Privately expressed racism has public consequences. This is what a lot of white people don't seem to care about since it generally benefits them.

    The consequences were appropriate.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    If he is genuine in his apology those that took offense to his comments should forgive him.

    It should however be noted that his comments were racial, not racist.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He doesn't owe me an apology.
    Nor does he owe anybody else.

    Instead of an apology I would like to know what he meant by what he said and why he said it.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    I decline it because he had nothing to apologize for.

    If he does, then some people on here (including this thread) should apologize for their anti-white statements.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I decline it because he had nothing to apologize for.

    If he does, then some people on here (including this thread) should apologize for their anti-white statements.
    I decline because I don't have anything to apologize for. I am pro-white all the way!

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    I concur with what Angela Davis said with regards to the Donald Sterling affair

    “It may be helpful to have these moments when we recognize that racism is still very much embedded in the psyches of so many people in this country. But to think that we can deal with it simply by addressing particular individuals and not think about the fact that, as a society, we bear the imprint of that historical racism — I’m much more interested in having conversations about the way the structures of racism continue to operate.

    “Even though people who express racist ideas may be treated in the way Donald Sterling is being treated, that doesn’t address, for example, the impact of [anti-affirmative action Proposition] 209 — that there are proportionally fewer black students on campuses than during the 1970s.”
    Angela Davis' take on Donald Sterling: Not what you might expect*-*Los Angeles Times

  7. #17
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Nor does he owe anybody else.

    Instead of an apology I would like to know what he meant by what he said and why he said it.
    Hopefully he'll tell you. I don't care what he said and why he said it. I never care what people say in private unless it's plotting my murder or something illegal that is going to hurt people.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I decline because I don't have anything to apologize for. I am pro-white all the way!
    This post should come with some soft-shoe.

  9. #19
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Why shouldnt the fines/penalties be rescinded? People were waiting for the apology werent they? Now that he did it, why should there be further retribution?
    I have always found it interesting that we always expect apologies... whether it be for crimes committed, or stuff like this... then when we get them we reject them and say things like, "Too little, too late.".

    "We" being we as a society overall.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    This post should come with some soft-shoe.
    Pretty good huh???

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •