View Poll Results: Should Donald Sterling be forgiven?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, cancel the penalties and his fines.

    9 39.13%
  • No, let him pay!

    14 60.87%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 210

Thread: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,648

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Have you ever sat court side at an NBA game?
    No, and I don't care about it. It's just my opinion.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  2. #112
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    46,524

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    That is what I was thinking. Frankly I enjoyed the drama.
    I enjoyed the young chippy and the wife at odds with each other more than anything. I'm not proud of myself for enjoying that trainwreck.

  3. #113
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,140

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Who gives a **** what the owner thinks when you know better?
    There are plenty of owners available. It's best if the NBA does not excuse those who would so insult their members, fans and the public in general.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Who wants to work for someone that considers ones paycheck (in this case, earned through lifelong commitment to excellence and hard work) to be a HANDOUT?
    Someone that is smart enough to realize there is only so many teams and playing in the NBA can easily make you a millionaire.

  5. #115
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,140

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Someone that is smart enough to realize there is only so many teams and playing in the NBA can easily make you a millionaire.
    The NBA does not need Sterling. Sterling has damaged the NBA in two ways: racism and a disrespect of players. No one wants him in the club anymore. Freedom of association, buh bye.

  6. #116
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,323

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No, and I don't care about it. It's just my opinion.
    I understand. I'm no longer an NBA fan after David Stern and Clay Bennett bent the City of Seattle over. But having sat court side many times it is mind boggling how big and graceful those guys are. They are freakish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #117
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,323

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I enjoyed the young chippy and the wife at odds with each other more than anything. I'm not proud of myself for enjoying that trainwreck.
    The whole thing felt rather contrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #118
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    46,524

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The whole thing felt rather contrived.
    WTF happened to your avatar?

  9. #119
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,648

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I understand. I'm no longer an NBA fan after David Stern and Clay Bennett bent the City of Seattle over. But having sat court side many times it is mind boggling how big and graceful those guys are. They are freakish.
    I get it, but when you have scores over 100 regularly, it's time to make the game more difficult. I mean the guys playing now are a foot and a half taller than the guys who invented the game. Come on!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  10. #120
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: Accept or Decline Donald Sterling Apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I get it, but when you have scores over 100 regularly, it's time to make the game more difficult. I mean the guys playing now are a foot and a half taller than the guys who invented the game. Come on!
    Slam dunks have never impressed me. It's just showboating. Shooting and such is better viewing.

    And yes, I have sat court side... albeit 30+ years ago. What turns me off now more than anything is how the last 2 minutes of the game gets dragged out to 30 minutes.
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •