View Poll Results: Was Jesus White?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, white as a Viking, despite being an Arab!

    8 20.00%
  • Yes, because Arabs are white, too. Have you ever actually looked at a Lebanese person?

    5 12.50%
  • No, he wasn't white, because Arabs aren't white, only European are white.

    27 67.50%
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 217

Thread: Was Jesus White?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Just out of sheer, morbid curiosity at what you folks think.
    Jesus was American, spoke Archaic 16th Century English and read from the King James Bible every day of his life.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Obviously he was white, white people are awesome so obviously God would want his son to be awesome.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #173
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Just out of sheer, morbid curiosity at what you folks think.
    Who cares? He is our Savior - that's all that matters.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The fact is his behavior was in fact very much the norm in that part of the world at that time. Many people of his time were in fact seearching and looking for a messiah or savior and more than one individual came forward claiming to be exactly that divine being. Appolonius of Tyree for example lived and died years before Jesus. Appolonius was proclaimed the messiah and savior , he taught forgiveness , mercy , charity and faith. Witnesses claimed he performed miracles to include healing the infirm and sick. He was eventually crucified and was later seen walking among the living before " ascending " to heaven. Sound familiar? Other fragmented examples of similar people abound from the general time and place of the historic jesus. As one comedian put it the Monty Python movie Life of Bryan is more accurate than the new testament.
    First of all you are very wrong to state that the behavior of Jesus was the norm in that part of the world. Where Jesus was teaching, if people were religious, they were doing things like stoning people to death for adultery and it's said that once Jesus had to stop people from doing so. You have mentioned Applonious and that is good, because it only reinforces the notions of what is the nature of the behavior of self realized persons. I just looked and according to some sources, it is said that Appolonious went to India where he learned the knowledge of the Vedanta Sutras from the sages there. So that is good. However, I have not seen where Appolonius expounded on the highest principles of religion, i.e. that one should love God with all your heart. That is a very, very advanced state of self realization that is indeed rarely attained. But I don't know, perhaps Appolonius was on that level. If so, that is very good. I don't have problem with that at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The only difference between jesus and those examples is that no historic record or evidence exists of his existing and of course his ministery grew into a world wide religion over the centuries.
    I have already discussed the issue of historical evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Palestine is not and never was part of europe.
    I have already admitted twice that I was wrong. It is on the eastern Mediterranean coast and has some association with the cultures of Greece and Rome, which were a part of Europe.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    You are in fact quite wrong it has been proven none of them are first hand accounts.
    Again, you cannot CONCLUSIVELY prove that what was written was not written by someone who heard it from someone who witnessed the events. And neither can you CONCLUSIVELY prove that it was not written from a manuscript that is no longer available. Now you may be able to cast doubt on both assertions, but you cannot CONCLUSIVELY prove either statement. If you can, do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Yes if you learn a little history you will find many people from the same region and area teaching the same message long before Jesus.
    No, if there were, there were not many. And it was certainly not the norm of behavior for people at that time as you have asserted. I have discussed Appolonius in another post. I don't have a problem with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    All branches of learning do not do as you say. Science observes reality and tests to prove it Newton's observations were based on evidence. Faith by definition is absence of evidence.
    And that is a very very ignorant thing to say. When did Newton try to prove that force and mass existed? He assumed that they did. Not only that, before you can even say there is a such thing as reality you have to assume that you exist. You cannot prove that you exist. I challenge you, prove that you exist. You can't, you have to assume that you exist. So when you say "science observes reality" you have implicitly assumed that there is a reality in the first place and that there is an observer. You cannot prove that either indeed do exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    It is not ridiculous to state that such assumptions are flawed it is accurate to state they are weak minded opinions of someone long since dead.
    Your assertion that science does not make assumptions is a stupid, weak minded, ignorant notion that is worthy of mind of a donkey.
    Last edited by MildSteel; 05-15-14 at 02:52 PM.

  6. #176
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    The descriptive features of Jesus were left out of the Bible on purpose because most importantly they don't matter, and second to that the written account of Jesus took place long after his death. Most modern scholars agree that the man actually existed but I have my doubts, especially given the number of virtually identical tales going back as far as Babylonia.

    Btw, "white" is not an ethnicity. There's a lot of "white" people in the U.S. and they are all genetically different from one another. Even if Jesus were "white" according to modern Americans, he would not have much have much in common genetically with most American white people, ethnically speaking.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you elaborate please?
    Back in post 76 you said

    There is nothing but us
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063272732

    Exactly what is this "us?"

  8. #178
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Again, you cannot CONCLUSIVELY prove that what was written was not written by someone who heard it from someone who witnessed the events. And neither can you CONCLUSIVELY prove that it was not written from a manuscript that is no longer available. Now you may be able to cast doubt on both assertions, but you cannot CONCLUSIVELY prove either statement. If you can, do it.



    No, if there were, there were not many. And it was certainly not the norm of behavior for people at that time as you have asserted. I have discussed Appolonius in another post. I don't have a problem with that.



    And that is a very very ignorant thing to say. When did Newton try to prove that force and mass existed? He assumed that they did. Not only that, before you can even say there is a such thing as reality you have to assume that you exist. You cannot prove that you exist. I challenge you, prove that you exist. You can't, you have to assume that you exist. So when you say "science observes reality" you have implicitly assumed that there is a reality in the first place and that there is an observer. You cannot prove that either indeed do exist.



    Your assertion that science does not make assumptions is a stupid, weak minded, ignorant notion that is worthy of mind of a donkey.
    Science does not make assumptions that is fact.

    You are wrong about Newton he assumed nothing he OBSERVED which is a huge difference.

    One more time it has been conclusively proven the gospels are not first hand accounts

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Jesus just left Chicago

  10. #180
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Was Jesus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Who cares? He is our Savior - that's all that matters.
    Not ours.

    He is in fact a fairy tale

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •