View Poll Results: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 5.26%
  • No

    53 92.98%
  • Other

    1 1.75%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96

Thread: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

  1. #31
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    They already do that for non business, I pay $53 a month for slow, if I want the fastest, it costs $30 more.

    I say they should provide everyone, even businesses with fast, and the FCC should make these corporations comply, instead of allowing them to play their little gosh danged pricing games. I'm fed up with slow crappy service.

    ....maybe... you should..... i dunno.... pay the $30?

    it seems you are not that fed up with slow, crappy service, as you have the ability to change it. I don't know you but it seems like you are demanding superior service for free.








    I'm having to read up on this a bit. They way I see it now, it basically boils down to whether or not the Internet is a Public Sphere, to which equal access cannot be denied, or a series of point-to-point communications, which carriers have the right to charge variable rates for.

  2. #32
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....maybe... you should..... i dunno.... pay the $30?

    it seems you are not that fed up with slow, crappy service, as you have the ability to change it. I don't know you but it seems like you are demanding superior service for free.








    I'm having to read up on this a bit. They way I see it now, it basically boils down to whether or not the Internet is a Public Sphere, to which equal access cannot be denied, or a series of point-to-point communications, which carriers have the right to charge variable rates for.
    Yeah, we liburuls just love free ****.

  3. #33
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Yeah, we liburuls just love free ****.

    It seems that's what you want here.

  4. #34
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    It seems that's what you want here.
    If I wanted free, I wouldn't be paying for what I receive from a corporation whose service is spotty at best.

    If I wanted free, I'd hook up a yagi antenna and tap Burger King, Applebee's, or Mc Donalds wifi. I already have a wireless card installed.

    When you're retired, and live on a fixed income, every dollar spent matters.

    Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet-black-yagi-lg-jpg

  5. #35
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    If I wanted free, I wouldn't be paying for what I receive from a corporation whose service is spotty at best.
    But you do want free. You want the corporation to upgrade your service and provide you with something of higher quality, but you aren't willing to pay for it.

  6. #36
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    But you do want free. You want the corporation to upgrade your service and provide you with something of higher quality, but you aren't willing to pay for it.
    I believe all internet speeds should be the same, and at set reasonably affordable prices, not the non competition that we presently have.

    We're not talking about Cadillac vs Volkswagen here either (better for more money) cable companies operate a monopoly, and the consumer is the game piece.

    If I wanted free, I would do what I said in my last post, what part of that do you not understand?

  7. #37
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I believe all internet speeds should be the same, and at set reasonably affordable prices, not the non competition that we presently have.
    No, you beleive that your internet speed should be better. You don't complain that others have good internet, you complain that you have poor internet. You have the option for it to be better, but you would have to pay for it, which you are unwilling to do.

  8. #38
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No, you beleive that your internet speed should be better. You don't complain that others have good internet, you complain that you have poor internet. You have the option for it to be better, but you would have to pay for it, which you are unwilling to do.
    I am of the belief that no internet speeds should be metered, the speed should be the same. That's my argument.

  9. #39
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I am of the belief that no internet speeds should be metered, the speed should be the same. That's my argument.
    Yes, and you think that your speed should be faster. But you are not willing to pay for it.

  10. #40
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do You Believe There Should Be a "Pay to Play" System on the Internet

    I think all internet connections should be of the fastest form reasonably possible, given the limits of technology and available funds.

    IMO, the "internet" should be another public infrastructure, like roads.
    A road transports physical objects, internet transports information.
    Information can be sold and traded, just as physical objects can.

    What would happen if a road was run by a corporation, and they could control how fast a transport vehicle traveled, allowing higher-paying companies to travel faster?

    Larger companies would deliver their goods faster, and have an advantage over smaller companies. Hell in some businesses, such as produce transport, a limited speed would spell disaster (due to potentially spoiled food).

    OR...something like that.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •