View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #81
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Where is the 'Why should I give a ****' choice?

    What possible difference does it make what some media moron thinks about how much melanin is in the skin of a fictitious character?





    To some people who are deeply involved in the war on/or about Xmas it makes a lot of difference.

    They have their whole life tied up with this bull****.

    They spend every moment of their life on this.

  2. #82
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I already said that changing the clothes of the character is fine. When it becomes a problem is when you start to fundamentally alter the creation.
    I should just start quoting you both in the same replies even though it's a pita to do on this phone.

    In short see my reply to Exxon above to see why it matters.

  3. #83
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Or are you saying that a white man can't be used to spread Christianity and it's morals (or lack there of) to all peoples?
    It causes cultural translation issues. Look at Jesus.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #84
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    It causes cultural translation issues. Look at Jesus.
    We already did. He objectively isn't white, but Santa objectively is.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #85
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We already did. He objectively isn't white, but Santa objectively is.
    Therefore Mickey Mouse objectively does not wear gloves

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Grammar rebuttals aren't worth much. Thanks for wasting your time though.
    Calm down. It wasn't a rebuttal. I followed the sentence. I just thought it was somewhat humorous in that it was such a long sentence. Honestly, there was no offense intended.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Mickey Mouse was a popular character in the thirties with a specific identifiable look, who's outfit was initially part of his identity as race and outfit tends to be for Santa. Therefore yes it is relevant.
    And you are wrong.
    You are speaking of dress.
    That is not what we are speaking about when it comes to Santa.
    It is an irrelevant comparison.

    Santa is a while male. Micky is a black male mouse.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #88
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Therefore Mickey Mouse objectively does not wear gloves
    Deflection.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    She is mixed 'race'.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And your silliness was noted.
    Sorry you don't like that.
    Oh, I'm having a ball!! Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!!

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •