View Poll Results: Is Santa Claus White?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 70.59%
  • No

    10 29.41%
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 297

Thread: Is Santa Claus White?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What's the matter? The cat got your tongue?
    Another pathetic and asinine deflection is noted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your pathetic and asinine deflection is noted.
    How would you define "white"? Most Americans in the late 19th and the early 20th century considered only Protestant Northern Europeans such as the English and Germans as "white" while the Irish, Italians, Greeks, and such were considered not "white". I also doubt that a Greek born in Turkey would be considered "white" even by modern standards.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  3. #63
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oy vey!
    Not the same argument.
    The same argument would be that Jesus isn't white, which is correct.

    Objectively Santa is white. By creation and by representation of Saint Nicholas a Greek.



    Or are you saying that a white man can't be used to spread Christianity and it's morals (or lack there of) to all peoples?
    Does Mickey Mouse wear gloves?


  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Another pathetic and asinine deflection is noted.
    Looks like you are getting enough notes to fill up a book!

  5. #65
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,045

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Santa is red and white.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    How would you define "white"? Most Americans in the late 19th and the early 20th century considered only Protestant Northern Europeans such as the English and Germans as "white" while the Irish, Italians, Greeks, and such were considered not "white". I also doubt that a Greek born in Turkey would be considered "white" even by modern standards.
    I thought all white folks looked the same!!

    Just kidding.

    Seriously, I didn't know that. That is interesting. Can you back that up with a reference? That's the first time I heard that.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I thought all white folks looked the same!!

    Just kidding.

    Seriously, I didn't know that. That is interesting. Can you back that up with a reference? That's the first time I heard that.
    There's quite a lot of material on it. If you read articles, watch vids, and other such material from that time it's quite obvious. Of course it differed between regions, people, and social classes but the fact is that there's no "objectively" white as he claims. The concepts of race has changed over centuries and is still changing now.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  8. #68
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Does Mickey Mouse wear gloves?

    Irrelevant.

    And the appropriate question would be is Micky a black mouse?
    Of which the answer is yes.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #69
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Looks like you are getting enough notes to fill up a book!
    Is that what you are doing?
    How inane.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #70
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Santa Claus White?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Irrelevant.

    And the appropriate question would be is Micky a black mouse?
    Of which the answer is yes.
    Completely relevant. Your argument is that because the initial concept of Santa is white then Santa must be white. In other words the original set of details of a fictional concept sets the benchmark for it.

    The initial concept of Mickey Mouse is without gloves. Does Mickey Mouse wear gloves?

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •